PDA

View Full Version : SF Bay Area (concord)Chi Sao Tournament

planetwc
07-06-2003, 07:30 PM
Got this via email today...

To whom it may concern,
My name is Sifu John. I have a small school called Fists of Steel where I teach Wing Chun Kung Fu.
I would like to invite everyone who can chi sao, and is not a teacher to attend the first annual Fists of Steel chi sao tournament.
Included in this email is a flyer with the address of where the event will be held. It is in Concord,CA next saturday on the 12th @11:00 am we will start registration. with demonstration @ 12:00pm and chi sao matches by weight class starting with 100lb -120lb.and so on and so forth. There is more info on my web site
www.fistofsteel.com.
Come and support our San Francisco Bay Area Wing Chun Schools and have a great time getting to know other students as well.
Thank you for your time
~Sifu John~

John Weiland
07-13-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by planetwc
Got this via email today...

To whom it may concern,
My name is Sifu John. I have a small school called Fists of Steel where I teach Wing Chun Kung Fu.
I would like to invite everyone who can chi sao, and is not a teacher to attend the first annual Fists of Steel chi sao tournament.
Included in this email is a flyer with the address of where the event will be held. It is in Concord,CA next saturday on the 12th @11:00 am we will start registration. with demonstration @ 12:00pm and chi sao matches by weight class starting with 100lb -120lb.and so on and so forth. There is more info on my web site
www.fistofsteel.com.
Come and support our San Francisco Bay Area Wing Chun Schools and have a great time getting to know other students as well.
Thank you for your time
~Sifu John~
Anyone go? How'd it turn out? Any pictures?

Regards,

reneritchie
07-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Hmmm, 'Sifu John', any idea who that might be, Weiland? :p

John Weiland
07-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by reneritchie
Hmmm, 'Sifu John', any idea who that might be, Weiland? :p
I have no idea. He wasn't one of the attendees of the get together for the many folks back on April 29 that I organized with the cooperation of San Jose Wing Chun, Joy, and Hendrik, and so many well-intentioned Wing Chun afficionados.

Also, the website he listed as his own seems more likely to be a misprint.

Just for the record, it'll be a cold day in hell before I append "sifu" to my name. :p

Still. If anyone went, I'd like to hear about their experiences. :D

Regards,

planetwc
07-16-2003, 05:35 PM
It is www.fistsofsteel.org