PDA

View Full Version : Dog Fight

Monkey
10-16-2000, 08:56 PM
I just came across this story and thought I would share it with everyone...

Pit bull attack ends with man choking and then drowning animal

SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (AP) - A 26-year-old man wrestled with a pit bull before drowning it in a pond after the animal had savaged a woman's arm and two of her small dogs.

Ra'Sheen Williams from the Fulton County town of Gloversville choked and drowned the animal at Yaddo Gardens Sunday, after it tore into Samella Forte's arm, according to Saratoga Springs police. Forte was taken to Saratoga Hospital and received 20 stitches.

The pit bull, which had no identifying tags or collar, spotted Forte's Pomeranian dogs and attacked the animals. Two of the three dogs were injured in the attack at the exclusive artist colony.

''The pit bull had a hold of her dog, and she was trying to get her dog away, but in the process was being bit,'' said Williams, an asbestos removal worker who said he used to raise pit bulls in Los Angeles.

Nicholas Forte ripped the pit bull of his wife four times, but the animal kept coming back. For about five minutes, people watched in horror until Williams came up from behind and put the animal in a choke hold.

''Once a pit bull has a lock on something, you have to choke it, kicking it won't do anything,'' said Williams, who is 6 feet tall and weighs 230 pounds.

No charges have been filed against Williams, and police are still searching for the dog's owner. The dead animal was being tested for rabies on Monday.

origenx
10-17-2000, 07:43 PM
Hmmm, how would you just choke a dog - with your hands? Or a MA-style choke where you "nutcracker" their neck in your elbow?

Monkey
10-17-2000, 10:06 PM
I think he used the 'nutcracker' or triangle choke on the dog. But the article isn't clear about this.