PDA

View Full Version : OT: Another funny site for all you French bashers :)

joedoe
07-07-2003, 05:11 PM
1) Go to Google.
2) Type in "french military victories"
3) Click on the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button.

or

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/victories.html

David Jamieson
07-07-2003, 05:43 PM
What's even funnier is when you type in the same thing at google.fr (google france) :D

African Tiger
07-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Funny as hell, bro.

joedoe
07-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by African Tiger
Funny as hell, bro.

Have you seen the WMD one?

Surferdude
07-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Ahhahahahaha thats great!!!:D :D
Tu pu france, tu pu!!!:p :D

Serpent
07-07-2003, 07:49 PM
Funny how so many Americans are happy to bash France yet get all upset when people bash America.

tnwingtsun
07-07-2003, 08:09 PM
"yet get all upset when people bash America"

I'm used to it,what gets me mad is the Dems and the Repubs
that hand out the $$ to thoses that bash us,the french
will catch crap with or without us

Serpent
07-07-2003, 08:17 PM
:rolleyes:

Becca
07-07-2003, 08:39 PM
I don't care you you bash America, Serp, you'll do it wether I like it of not anyway... That page was still funny!

Serpent
07-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Sure it was funny. I think a page about something that's wrong with America wouldn't have met with the same hilarity from the Americans though.

Becca
07-07-2003, 09:00 PM
Would from some of us... I firmly believe in lauphing at myself.

Exerpt from a t-shirt I had from the year Clinton was elected for his first term:

Who will going to cut taxes?
Who will increase Social Security benifits?
Who will improve living conitions for the elderly?
Who will ballence the budget?
Who will admit to cutting military funding?
Who will never be swayed by special interest goups?
Who is the best canidate to lead our country to a brighter future?

That's Right!

NOBODY!!!

Serpent
07-07-2003, 09:06 PM
LOL. You could still wear that today and be topical!

Good for you.

Chang Style Novice
07-07-2003, 09:08 PM
Well, Clinton DID balance the budget.

joedoe
07-07-2003, 09:12 PM
And the man got a BJ in the oval office! That is legendary! What can the current pres claim to have done? Choke on a pretzel! :D

Becca
07-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
Well, Clinton DID balance the budget.
No he didn't. He dipped into "special funding" to make it look like he did in an atempt to impove his public image after the Lewinski incident. It was kept hush-hush, but if you kept an eye on the better news groups, you would have read about it. The resession we are in started because of it, and is being blamed on Bush II and 9/11. Not that I think Bush is doing the greatest job, but put the blame where it belongs.:rolleyes:

Becca
07-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
And the man got a BJ in the oval office! That is legendary! What can the current pres claim to have done? Choke on a pretzel! :D
Hey! :mad: He also validated the asinine plot behind the movie "Wag The Dog"!:p

shaolin kungfu
07-07-2003, 09:22 PM
He also validated the asinine plot behind the movie "Wag The Dog"!

Who, clinton or bush?

joedoe
07-07-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Becca

Don't think I've seen that one. Care to educate me on that one?

Besides, Clinton got a BJ in the oval office! You can't top that :D

Chang Style Novice
07-07-2003, 09:26 PM
Oh, good. I was worried we weren't having enough partisan political arguements around here lately.

I'm bowing out of this one, and apologize to the board at large for my participation so far.

shaolin kungfu
07-07-2003, 09:28 PM
Don't think I've seen that one. Care to educate me on that one?

Wag the dog was about a president that made up a war to get reelected, if I remember right. Which I probably don't.

Serpent
07-07-2003, 09:36 PM

First thing that came to mind with Bush and Afghanistan, etc..

Life imitates art, huh. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

joedoe
07-07-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by shaolin kungfu

Wag the dog was about a president that made up a war to get reelected, if I remember right. Which I probably don't.

What an unbelieveable story line. Surely no one would do that!!! :eek: :eek:

Brad
07-07-2003, 10:34 PM
lol, I think the Wag the Dog theory has been proposed for every military action taken by the US since that movie was made ;)

Frank Exchange
07-08-2003, 04:15 AM
Hey, y'all, I know its just a joke and all that, but arent they kind of forgetting about Napoleon?

You know, the French Emperor guy who rampaged across Europe, invaded Egypt, helped the US gain its independence, and was within a hairs breadth of winning at Waterloo? :) It did take the entire combined powers of Europe to totally defeat him.

Not that I have any love for the french, after all England has been at war with them for hundreds of years, but give credit where its due. ;)

Becca
07-08-2003, 04:46 AM
Frank- I thought of that one, too. But technicly, that was also a defeat. That wasn't the point, though. The point was that France has always had a strong military. That they have not won a single one of the wars they've been in in many hundreds of years despite that strong military is a simple misfourtune of geological location. But the fact that the browser insisted that he meant "French Defeats" instead of "French Victories" is hilarious!

About "Wag the Dog"- I did say it about Bush II, and it was about a president who faked a war to get re-elcted. Sorry to turn this into a political thread. I didn't meen too, that was just something I read somewere and it seemed to fit with Joedoe's comment perfectly.

Frank Exchange
07-08-2003, 07:29 AM
I am aware that this is just a mild bit of poking fun, but I really dont understand this knee jerk reaction against the French on behalf of some in the US.

Does the fact that the French under Napoleon were eventually defeated after many years of war take away from the fact that they won many many battles, and were literally the most feared nation in Europe at the time? So they cannot be called cowards, or ineffectual.

It is unlikely the US would have gained their independence if they didnt have the French helping them. As well as providing naval support and troops, the fact that most of the British army were over on the continent fighting an extremely long and difficult war with the "cheesing eating surrender monkeys" meant that the British forces which would have likely crushed the Americans were unavoidably detained.

I still can't believe that I, a rosbif, am defending the bloody crapauds!

Incidentally, the google thing is apparently a prank by a google employee, but the site is still there. Something to do with metatags, allegedly.

TonyM.
07-08-2003, 08:35 AM
Crushed your children and cousins. That's what Georgey Worgey pudding and pie ordered his generals to do.

Frank Exchange
07-08-2003, 02:02 PM
I stand corrected. :)

chen zhen
07-08-2003, 02:41 PM
My contribution to political threads is aways posting funny-pics:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blpic-bushregimecards.htm
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blpic-fleischerliar.htm
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blpic-republicanmembers.htm
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blpic-dnc*******es.htm
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blpic-frenchfries.htm
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blpic-frenchvanilla.htm
http://members.aol.com/ecsull2/private/audio/bonjour.wav
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blpic-russiandressing.htm

:D

Else: leave the french alone. America lost in Vietnam and Korea. Was'nt that big-time losing face too?

joedoe
07-08-2003, 03:52 PM
The aim of posting this was not to make fun of the French, but just to have a laugh in general. Just like the one about the weapons of amss destruction google search. There was no malice intended.

Becca
07-08-2003, 06:07 PM
I really dont understand this knee jerk reaction against the French on behalf of some in the US.

:confused: I don't either, but I have just as much fun poking fun at the France-bashers as I do any one or anything else. :p

chen zhen
07-09-2003, 03:12 AM
Joedoe: yeah, I know that. I just felt like saying it anyway...:rolleyes:

http://members.aol.com/ecsull2/private/audio/bonjour.wav
:p

Budokan
07-09-2003, 11:07 AM
I want to take this time to apologize to everyone who may have had their feelings hurt by my own French bashing which I've done from time to time on this forum. I used to think that because I was of French heritage that gave me some sort of right, or immunity to do so. Obviously that sort of thinking is just as neolithic as Dusty Baker's thinking that it's all right for him to make racial statements and say it's okay because he's one of them.

The French lost an entire generation in WWI and had inept generals and poorly trained soldiers who were expected to stop one of the most modern and ferocious war machines this century has ever witnessed. For me to make off handed comments about the French is to dismiss the sacrifice of all those dead men who died for their country.

I again apologize for that and I'm sorry.

joedoe
07-09-2003, 04:11 PM
What have you done with the real Budokan? :D

rubthebuddha
07-09-2003, 04:26 PM
well, if he was going to apologize, at least he picked the right reasons. :)

kudos, budokan.

Christopher M
07-09-2003, 04:32 PM
No he didn't. He dipped into "special funding"... It was kept hush-hush

It wasn't hush-hush. People just tend not to bother to read the fine print. He "balanced" the budget by "borrowing money from the future." In other words, he cooked the books. But this was quite clear from the "fine print", and unfortunately isn't that uncommon.

The resession we are in started because of it, and is being blamed on Bush II and 9/11.

Are you saying here that Clinton caused the recession?

Don't you think things like the collapse of the tech markets are more reasonable causes?

Becca
07-09-2003, 04:53 PM
The recession started in the late 90s. There are lots of causes, including the bust of the dot-com industry. My problem is with the people who blame it on George Dubya simple 'cause he's the president right now.

joedoe
07-09-2003, 04:59 PM
The recession started in the late 90s. There are lots of causes, including the bust of the dot-com industry. My problem is with the people who blame it on George Dubya simple 'cause he's the president right now.

But it's his fault :D

Seriously, the tech wreck was inevitable - economics is still subject to the laws of gravity, and people were being incredibly silly during the dot-com boom. Add to that the number of people that jumped into the industry to cash in on Y2K, and the bubble was bound to burst. Maybe it will bring some sanity back into the industry.

Christopher M
07-09-2003, 05:31 PM
There are lots of causes, including the bust of the dot-com industry. My problem is with the people who blame it on George Dubya simple 'cause he's the president right now.

I agree completely.

It just seemed to me like you were doing something just as inappropriate by blaming it on Clinton.

Becca
07-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Sorry. I meant to blame no one. It really isn't anyone's fault. It just happened because of the financial and political climate aroung the world.

African Tiger
07-09-2003, 07:30 PM
The US economy went into the toilet during October of 2000, when online retailers such as Amazon, Etoys, and Pets.com posted serious losses. (Etoys and Pets.com have since gone bankrupt)

This was over one month before the election, and 4 months before Bush II was inaugurated.

The French-bashing is still funny as hell. Now stop with the political posts!!!!!

Becca
07-10-2003, 04:06 PM
No. I don't wanna. ;)

Budokan
07-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Presidents are more than willing to take credit for a good economy when they've had absolutely nothing to do with generating said economic numbers. They have to take a bite of the sh*t sandwich when the economy tanks, too, whether or not they had anything to do with the downturn.

That's the nature of the political animal. I'm not saying it's necessarily fair, but get over it. They'll take credit when things are good then they have to get broken over a stump and take their medicine when things go awry....

Becca
07-11-2003, 04:53 PM
The reason it persists is because we allow it to. I don't like being blamed for something I didn't do, so I don't take credit for thing I didn't do and I don't perpetuat that standard on others. I know I'm only one person, but if I didn't follow this standard, I;d be part of the problem.