PDA

View Full Version : Living in England

TaoBoy
07-08-2003, 05:45 AM
I'll be heading over to sunny England for a 6-12 stint in 2004 and will be needing a place to train. My preferences include:

- BJJ
- street-wise, effective kung fu
- shootfighting/kickboxing

Can anyone point me to some websites?
Does anyone know where Geoff Thompson trains?

Cheers,
Adam

Liokault
07-08-2003, 06:25 AM
Geoff Thompson trains in Coventery.

Its a real arm pit of a city and if u have a choice dont go live there.

Birmingham on the other hand has some nice areas, is close enough to coventry to travel in and has a BBJ club.

U can find listings of MMA and BBJ in the uk here.

SFUK (http://sfuk.tripod.com/sfukmainframe.html)

Chen
07-08-2003, 08:37 AM
check out www.ukkungfu.com

Based in the garden of England, in Kent. This county is close to London and the coast.

Regards,

Chen

Ben Gash
07-08-2003, 11:17 AM
Also very expensive and with some equally armpittish towns.
Taoboy, probably best if you first say where you are going to be.

TaoBoy
07-12-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Ben Gash
Also very expensive and with some equally armpittish towns.
Taoboy, probably best if you first say where you are going to be.

Initially, I will be staying in London. After I get my bearings I was thinking of heading a little further north to Leeds or Manchester. But as I have little idea of any of the areas, it's a little up in the air.

Thanks all for the links.

- Adam

dezhen2001
07-13-2003, 02:38 AM
hey mate as far as i know there is a small SPM community in london, as well as liverpool and i think leeds too but not sure. I know there is chow gar in london taught by Ip Sui's son and a few others too.

Liverpool i think has jook lum tong long - not sure though. Steve Richards teaches there.

That is if you are still interested in SPM :)

take it east,
dawood

TaoBoy
07-13-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by dezhen2001
hey mate as far as i know there is a small SPM community in london, as well as liverpool and i think leeds too but not sure. I know there is chow gar in london taught by Ip Sui's son and a few others too.

Liverpool i think has jook lum tong long - not sure though. Steve Richards teaches there.

That is if you are still interested in SPM :)

take it east,
dawood

Hey dez,

Yeah still dig SPM.
Just giving it a rest for the moment.
My path is becoming a little different from that of my SPM instructor. We'll see how things pan out. I thought of looking up Paul Whitrod as well.

- Adam

dezhen2001
07-13-2003, 05:16 AM
ok cool, just letting you know incase you already didnt :)

dawood

qeySuS
07-14-2003, 07:37 AM
In London Roger Brookings is the BJJ instructor you want, if you go to Liverpool Scous Shoot is the pleace to be.

R
07-14-2003, 11:29 AM
You might also find that the Iron Ox Southern Mantis school in London has something to offer you. If yhou are in the north of the city there is also lung ying about.

Cheers, R