PDA

View Full Version : gin foon mark question

focusedmindz
07-08-2003, 02:06 PM
Can anyone tell me about what he teaches? I know what the style is all about, but what is the class structure like,forms, sparing, chi qong, ect? I imagine more "traditional" when it comes to teaching, but does he make you do stances for years before he will teach you the good stuff? Lastly what is the class schedule I think the website said 6-8 pm m-th, any morning classes? I live in Brooklyn Center and would rather not have to fight rush hour traffic. Any information would be very much appreciated.

Dale Dugas
07-08-2003, 03:26 PM
Sifu Mark lives and teaches in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota the last time I checked. I do not think he is NYC anymore.

Peace,

Dale Dugas

focusedmindz
07-08-2003, 03:49 PM
Brooklyn Center MN, a suburb of Minneapolis.

Jook Lum
07-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Gin Foon Mark has a Sunday morning class,but it is for advanced students. At his school you start with the basics stance and footwork(walking the horse)some hands are added to walking the horse after a while.You will work on things as long as it takes you to start to be able to to do them in the correct way.Then you may learn more or you may keep working on the previous things it usually depends on the person.Some people may go a long time and not learn very much or they may learn quite a bit.It depends how hard you work,what kind of a person you are and how much he thinks you should learn at the time.There is another class teaching mantis in Crystal which is the city next to Brooklyn Center.Red5Angel from this post goes there.You could talk to him and get his opinion on the class and if you are interested in it get the location from me or him.

red5angel
07-09-2003, 06:52 AM
focusmindz, I sent you a pm....

you too juk loom.

focusedmindz
07-12-2003, 06:09 PM
Does anyone know if the evening classes start at 6 or 7pm?

Jook Lum
07-13-2003, 07:21 PM
Hello!Not sure which school hours you are asking about,so here is both.Gin Foon Mark`s is now 7:00pm-9:00pm.The school in Crystal is 6:30pm-9:00pm.

focusedmindz
07-14-2003, 08:36 AM
Thanx for the info.