PDA

View Full Version : Ciao

WCis4me
07-09-2003, 12:27 AM
I just wanted to take this opportunity to explain my absence to those who have been wondering.

I spent some time here and while I have found some very intriguing, thought provoking ideas, and conversations, I have also found more chaos than I have the time or inclination to want to put effort into resolving.

I had hoped that this would be a good addendum to my training, and with a few posters I have found some definite insight.

I find myself dedicating far too much time into reading dribble from those who have nothing better to do than to stalk those with something substantial to contribute and give highly subjective opinions of others who have more of a life than to troll an internet forum.

I am disappointed to say the least. I have to say that there are a select few (NTC, KJ, Victor, Phil, Ernie, Stevo, others that I am neglecting and apologize to, etc) that have shown that they actually care about Wing Chun, however the rest are all out to promote themselves (the key is how they talk about others promotions) behind their keyboard. This is not in a true martial art spirit, as far as I am concerned. I am sure there will be a flurry of defensive comments from those who know that they are not included in my list.

Be that as it may, they practice the best Wing Chun that they know and are happy with that. As long as everyone is practicing what they feel works then that is a good thing.

My issues result out of people having the confusion that their firm beliefs make actual truths, and feel they have the right to discount everyone and everything else publicly and disrespectfully without even opening their 'box' enough to experience anything different.

While I cannot conclude that these people are shallow and self centered as I do not personally know them, I can conclude that I will not be subjected to their diversion from my growth because of their insecurities and selfish needs.

It is in this that I decide my best participation in this forum is as an observer. In this way I can control not only what others either spew or contribute, but also my reaction to it. I am not superior enough to find deliberate attacks and defamations of character as something that isn't offensive and worthy of a response. I would prefer to ignore it and cannot do so as an active participant.

As a non-participant then I can commit to the more Zen like philosophy that the type of people who feel a need to purport their propaganda from their desks (for whatever reasons), instead of taking a break, from the internet, to test (woohoo lets train in WC instead of writing) what they read and actually check it out before they respond, need more help and understanding than my words and efforts on this forum can provide.

In this way it also encourages my growth by not missing out on the significant contributions of others that are so valiantly obscured by the efforts of those that can only talk the talk but cannot walk the walk.

In closing, I would like to add that I have seen many of the people I have spoken of in action. You never know who is watching. For those that think they have obtained ultimate knowledge after a relatively short climb up the mountain, or those that feel they have surpassed their master, perhaps you should attempt your ascent again as you obviously have missed a great deal.

Take care everyone. I wish you all the best in your Kung Fu and lives. For those that I have formed some sort of relationship with please feel free to email me. For those that haven't, please don't, you have made it clear you have nothing to learn from me and in that I realize I have nothing to learn from you.

Regards,
Vicky

kj
07-09-2003, 02:48 AM
And here I thought you were just getting warmed up. ;)

I regret to see you sign off so soon, and your fresh voice will be missed. Your choice is understandable of course. The secret's not in the reading and writing after all; it's in the doing.

A line from you time to time will always be welcomed, whether here or privately. All the best in your continued training.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

captain
07-09-2003, 02:54 AM
Vicky,have you taken a good look at this board lately?threads
on most annoying ma magazine ads,well intended questions
on moves such as kicking and dealing with other styles,plus
talk of other branches of wck.what do you expect on a wing
chun board?and as you point out,you never know who is on
this board,it is after all,the "world wide web".some opinions
you will agree with wholeheartdly,others you will throw away
with the dishwater[like wing chun it's self..dont you think?].for
you then to turn away and write a:"goodbye cruel world"letter
because you disagree with ideas on this board only shows that
you put way too much stock in a internet mesage board.either
that,or you are falling out of love with practising wing chun?

Russell.

Ernie
07-09-2003, 07:37 AM
vicky
thanks for the clips , and the emails , train hard but most of all have fun,
if you ever need any more video you know how to reach me
peace ernie

sel
07-09-2003, 07:41 AM
good luck with your training WCis4me :)

captain
07-09-2003, 07:44 AM
peace nothing,ernie.she's thrown her toys outta the pram
cause she came upon opinions that she didnt like.as her
friends,its your duty to point this out to her.her letter was
blouse.

Russell.

Ernie
07-09-2003, 07:58 AM
capt,
i only know vicky from this forum , and a few emails , so i have no friendship responsibility in that regaurd , but i have found her to be a kind giving person that is vey passionate about her training , she also seems to take to heart peoples oppinions and places alot of thought and energy into those responses , if that time and energy is better spent else were then who am i to tell her or anyone else other wise ,
as far as here thoughts on the general vibe of this forum , well i can say she is wrong , there is alot of talking about ''quality wing chun'' but no one steps up to share specific drills and personal experiences that could define to others how that '' quality '' is achieved .
it would seem that people would rather take stabs at one and other then open up there personal training approaches and idea's .
now there are a few that have tried off the top of my head '' victor , phil, andrew s, ken , rene ,and a couple more forgive me for not remembering .
but they are attacked by the ''quality wing chun'' group that only share critisizem,
so for vicky to bounce out of here well i don't blame her kind of respect her for it .
peace ernie

Ernie
07-09-2003, 08:06 AM
oop's ment to say can't say she is wrong :eek:

reneritchie
07-09-2003, 08:13 AM
Darn, the Montreal presence takes a hit 8(

(we still claim Vicky, even though she lives in *cough*Windsor*cough* as her soul is clearly of the high order MTL kind ;) )

PaulH
07-09-2003, 08:33 AM
Vicky,

Time is running out for all of us in this forum. Do what you must with your valuable time, but visit us again when you have more leisure time and interesting things to share. Your input is always important and what truly makes this forum such a fun, dissappointing and challenging place as we struggle on to define what WC means to you personally.

Regards,

yylee
07-09-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by reneritchie
Darn, the Montreal presence takes a hit 8(

(we still claim Vicky, even though she lives in *cough*Windsor*cough* as her soul is clearly of the high order MTL kind ;) )

it's all your fault Rene, all the high order MTL souls go hiding because you don't come out and show your charm ;)

reneritchie
07-09-2003, 10:19 AM
David,

Tabernacle, I didn't realize! Well, at least mon amis Old Jong is still here!

John Weiland
07-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Chow now? The time spent online is not training time. It's lunchtime in California. :D

(Sayanora, Gray Davis. It's time for Arnold, the Governorator. :p )

Life is too short to take seriously.

Ultimatewingchun
07-09-2003, 12:29 PM
Vicky:

Don't think I'll be spending that much time posting here anymore either, for very similar reasons as yourself - although I will post from time to time.

It's been fun "talkin to ya" about wing chun, and I'm sure we will be in touch from time to time.

Good Luck,

Victor

captain
07-10-2003, 02:30 AM
why do you north americans get so emotional about a
website?one person takes it all way too seriously,and
writes a hissy fit letter,and you're all."golly gosh,vicky,
i sure sense the dark shroud of the force has fallen here
too" or,"gee ****z,vicky,im a gonna join you,cuz i noticed
that this here website has [wait for it,folks] new people on
here!!![argh!!!the nerve].i say calm down,dears!its only a
website!!!
R.

captain
07-10-2003, 02:32 AM
why was wiz with a "h" given a ***?

Frank Exchange
07-10-2003, 02:41 AM
Isnt it "taking a w hiz" american for having a slash?