PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Know where i Can get The book Begining Shaolin Hung Gar Kung Fu By John Leong

FIRE HAWK
07-09-2003, 06:59 PM
Does anybody know were i can buy the book Begining Shaolin Hung Gar Kung Fu by author John S.S. Leong ? and what is in the book ?

Shaolinlueb
07-10-2003, 06:58 AM
you check www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com if not check ebay.

Golden Arms
07-10-2003, 05:05 PM
I have a couple copies of it..He is redoing it currently as well, so there will probably be a new one out sometime next year. It has the full form 'Muy Fa Kuen" in it, plus stretches, stances, many of the different types of strikes and basic applications of them. Where do you live?

FIRE HAWK
07-10-2003, 07:25 PM
The book sounds interesting , I havent been able to find that book anywhere, I have been looking at a lot of Hung Gar forms and there is more Hung Gar forms than what I thought there was . There is a sifu who teaches Hung Gar in Columbus , Ohio , that I might look into ,I live in Dayton , Ohio , wich is about 2 hours from Columbus , Ohio , . The Arts that I like are Wing Chun ,Hung Gar , Southern Mantis , and Chuka Shaolin Phoenix Eye Fist , but where I live there is only sifu s of Wing Chun and Hung Gar in my general area where I live so I am trying to only focus on Wing Chun and Hung Gar .

Golden Arms
07-11-2003, 11:49 AM
I would be glad to hunt you down a copy from sifu before they are gone if you want one..hung gar is a very expansive art..I wont say more than that other than this: I have yet to see anything done in a CMA that is NOT in the hung gar reportoire. Check it out and see for yourself :)

FIRE HAWK
07-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Yes Thank you I would like to have a copy of that book if you can find one for me just tell me were to send you the money for the book and how much money to send you . Thanks Again

TenTigers
07-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Fire-that is probably one of the best books on Hung Ga out there. I especially like his version of the history of Hung-Ga as opposed to all these ridiculous Red Boat versions. He also has the complete Moi Fa Kuen in the book-which although lacking in some transitionary moves, still has the essence of the form. Also try to get your hands on Bucksom Kong's original gold-Hung-Gar Kung-Fu book-it really is gold!

FIRE HAWK
07-11-2003, 04:17 PM
Thanks for telling me about some of the things in the book . I will get the Buck Sam Kong gold Hung Gar book next month .