PDA

View Full Version : A Fear . . .

Vash
07-12-2003, 10:00 PM
Just sitting around watching the Forrest/Mayorga fight (Mayorga spanked Forrest, btw), saw Forrest take a body shot, then had a fear jump my butt . . .

When I go to test for my Sho Dan (1st Black Belt) (I'm at Sho Dan Ho, a probationary BB), will I get my rib broke again? I'm still nursing the one I got back in March. I'm not sure I want to go another month after my retest to get back into working out.
I'm young, but gosh darnit, I hate being laid up!

Anyway, I test in November, I'm taking off the rest of this month, probably some of August, so that gives me two months to get back into shape and up to par again (my instructor said I had polished off the rough edges that I had when I tested).

Thanks for letting me vent further frustration as I sit watching th able-bodied perform.

Maybe one day I'll post a non-gripe thread (nahhhh).

Surferdude
07-13-2003, 06:30 AM
No!! now go test!!!!!!!:( :D ;)

rogue
07-13-2003, 10:04 AM
I'm young, but gosh darnit, I hate being laid up! Accept broken ribs as part of the game. I'm over 40 and they suck even more. :)
Good luck on the next test.

dezhen2001
07-13-2003, 11:58 AM
hope your training is coming along better rogue :)
i need to get my lazy arse back in to gear too!

dawood

Shaolin-Do
07-13-2003, 01:11 PM
I just started being able to do pushups after a shoulder injury... Then I stepped on the corner of the fireplace yesterday and sawed about 1/2 inch out of my foot.
hehehe
Oh well.
:)

dezhen2001
07-13-2003, 01:38 PM
ouchie - now u have to try 1 legged pushups, or pushups from handstand :D

take it easy :)
dawood

chen zhen
07-13-2003, 01:41 PM
no, he has to do the not-touching-ground pushups like in that movie "Kung-Pow"
:D

Vash
07-13-2003, 10:15 PM
An Announcement:

This will be my LAST *****ing post. So, I shall try to be entertaining and profain. Then, I shall ***** some more.

****. ****ITY **** ****ERSON IN A ****ING ****ATEER.

Now, on with it.

I'm getting a bit more time to workon my stances (so far I've seen MAJOR flaws in my stuff), my footwork, things like that.
Definetly going to be a plus when I get back into it.

Party on :cool: