PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts

tnwingtsun
07-13-2003, 06:13 AM
I've always been trained that when in a fight(real) the reptile brain reacts faster than the monkey brain,its a proven fact,you will move faster when your mind is not clouded by thoughts.

Have you ever found yourself in a violent situation and the panic
thought of $hit,I'm gonna die if I don't get out of this flashed through your mind(a common one).
My childrens faces flashed through my mind and that put me in extream overdrive as an example.

Or gosh darnnit,I never did get Uncle Ed's stirred fried racoon recipe,or I never took advantage of that free underwater basket weaving class down at the YMCA,maybe you cogitated on the mysteries of nature.

Anyone??

Feel free to be silly or be silly to feel free.

dezhen2001
07-13-2003, 08:28 AM
the only time i have been in a real violent situation that wasnt just some drunk guys p|ssing around was weird. I got jumped form behind and mugged on the ground...

All i could think of was "wow - someone is actually mugging me... wow im now on the ground and this guy is trying to steal my wallet" or words to that effect. :D

Was rather strange as i wasnt really scared or anything until after i found out he had a knife in his waistband (wen i kicked him from the ground).

strange :)

dawood

tnwingtsun
07-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Ok,lets expand this to include attacks by drunks
http://www.joynk.com/cdg/
and anyone else you can think of.

Good thing you didn't get cut dezhen,sometimes the strangest things will pop up in your mind when the adrenaline kicks in

Former castleva
07-13-2003, 12:44 PM
You´re talking about reptilian and primate brain (yeah.I pick nits)

Shaolin-Do
07-13-2003, 01:08 PM
I just kinda stop thinking... Let my body take over, do what it has been trained to do...
On the same note, I get hella bad adrenaline rushes. Feel like i can crush a car door with my hands. :)

HuangKaiVun
07-13-2003, 04:20 PM
My students who've been in real fights claim that when they were attacked and couldn't get away without combat, they automatically went into "technical mode".

By that, I mean that they hyperfocused themselves on breaking whatever holds were laid on them and then on creating enough space to distance themselves from the attacker.

Not a single time did any student mention to me that outside thoughts crept in during the fight. But AFTER the fight, there was a big adrenaline rush and major mental activity.

In all the instances, they told me that they simply reverted to the techniques we practice every day against each other in class.

Serpent
07-13-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by HuangKaiVun
But AFTER the fight, there was a big adrenaline rush and major mental activity.

Yeah right. They got an adrenaline rush after the fight.

:rolleyes:

One of these days you'll discover this thing called the real world. It's gonna be a rude awakening, little man!

Laughing Cow
07-13-2003, 11:54 PM
HKV.

Is getting funnier by the post.
:) :D