PDA

View Full Version : Hung-Fot (Hung-Fut) people...

No_Know
07-13-2003, 11:19 AM
...Keep using your hands when you use the kicks in basics class. I think it might be very beneficial.

brothernumber9
07-13-2003, 02:39 PM
be more precise. Do you mean just in general as in when practicing short combinations of techniques or in the actual kicking lines in basics. If it is the kicking lines you refer to then what if the goal of the instructor is to help develop isolated muscle control, development, and coordination independent of as much other body movement as possible, how then would moving the hands be beneficial?

No_Know
07-15-2003, 12:42 AM
I refer to Kicking lines in basics.~

Not so much moving the hands around (any which way). But "using the hands". I include holding the arms out with the hands as targets-ish as using the hands. There is only one kick in basics for which this is not done.

I prefer the concept of kicking from nothing.~ Of using the least movement possible while still effecting the kick.

"If it is the kicking lines you refer to then what if the goal of the instructor is to help develop isolated muscle control, development, and coordination independent of as much other body movement as possible"

Since I think you pictured something different than I was meaning, I would see what you had to say about my second post here.

Very good

brothernumber9
07-15-2003, 08:28 AM
then we were pretty much saying the same or similar thing in different ways. I think.

No_Know
07-15-2003, 09:23 AM
I took a look at some thoughts and ended-up kicking a tree. I was loking at roundhouse kicking. I found that the even light contact that I thought might hurt basically didn't hurt-ish. I realized that there were/was an area on both my feet that I could make contact with hard things (a young tree (+50~ years)) and not hurt me to where I want to stop.

I realized that the hitting of the hands in Hung-Fot (Hung-Fut) during the kicking lines in basics class was likely why this part of my feet were more durable.

I say here keep it up because some might feel it's just making noise or pointless. And If they do not see a purpose or benefit to it they might be less enthusiastic about it.

Also, hitting the hand(s) during the Hung-Fot (Hung-Fut) kicking lines offers resistance which should strengthen the kick and makes contact less bad.

I found out. And thought I would share.