PDA

View Full Version : 10 Kicks 9 Dangers

Stumblefist
11-01-2000, 12:52 PM
So is an old Japanese proverb. So what should we do? Never throw high kicks in a fight? I disagree, high kicks can be more than useful. I think some people like to use this proverb to be a little lazy and perhaps it makes them a little vulnerable. What do you think?

Grays Anatomy
11-01-2000, 05:08 PM
I don't hink that's what it means. I don't think it refers to high kicks at all.

10 Kicks 9 Dangers....(to me, at least) it refers to the fact that when you kick you are becoming slightly more vulnerable (ok, maybe more than slightly) - ie. up on one leg. To me - it says...be careful when kicking. Find the right time and the right place for it and hit hard and fast and then GET THAT LEG BACK DOWN. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JWTAYLOR
11-01-2000, 07:13 PM
It also points out that you are usuing 9 extra attacks when one properly placed would have done the job.

JWT

Grays Anatomy
11-01-2000, 08:14 PM
That too - good one JW.

T
11-01-2000, 08:21 PM
Legs can be used effectively, but, and I cannot stress this enough, they must be executed at the right time. You expose yourself and make yourself very vunerable to an opponent once you shift your weight and take your leg off the ground. I personally prefer to stun my opponent with my hands then read his body language - if he seems weakend I will kick to his legs to bring him down. This generally works very well.

P.S. I never kick above the waist. Just my personal preference.

marcus_pasram
11-27-2000, 03:16 AM
http://www.geocities.com/wingchunschoolNYC

follow the 'techniques' link and then click on the picture on the right.

Just one possibility. what are your thoughts?