PDA

View Full Version : can i beat him?

Boxer
11-05-2000, 01:18 PM
hi im about to have a fight on saturday ive trained in boxing,kick-boxing,muay thai,and jujutsu as im not a master in these arts i still know abit about them,anyway im having a fight with this guy who does wing chun and has done for only 4months yet still thinks he can beat me?wing chun that good? i would class myself as a pretty good fighter,i need tips on how to attack and brake down this wing chun art,also will he use it? thanks please get back.Boxer

Rolling Elbow
11-05-2000, 05:50 PM
I don't think I'll offer insight into this question (besides VingStunstudent will say i am wrong!!)

I think both of you are probably fighting for the wrong reasons and the only way any of you are going to learn a lesson from this, is by fighting each other first and seeing what happens. It will remind you that fighting is not a vehicle to promote a macho image and that it hurts for a reason.

The again, i may be way off mark and you could be sparring..but from what I understood, the knowledge you gain will be used to knock his block off or his yours.

Michael Panzerotti
Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..

Twinsen
11-06-2000, 06:37 PM
Greetings my friend

Nothing is easy my friend! Use your strategy. Everything is strategy. Study his favourite technique and .....

Good luck

~Guybrush~

Mojo
11-06-2000, 09:05 PM
It sounds to me like he's got you psyched out before you even meet.
Good for him, he's beaten you already.

LEGEND
11-07-2000, 10:21 PM
Is this a friendly fight??? Hmmmmmmmmm...
Anywayz...just go at him hard...use your boxing and go for a KO...forget what he does...just go in and take him out...you worry too much about what he does...you guys won't being doing ****!

A

Janty Chattaw
11-08-2000, 02:55 AM
It's the person not the art he has been trained in. Think about it.

Janty Chattaw
Bujinkan Budo taijutsu

vingtsunstudent
11-08-2000, 04:31 AM
what else has he studied?
4 months in wing chun(unless he has been practicing for about 12hrs a day)should be nowhere near enough time for you to have any trouble disposing of him.
i would think that if he has studied nothing else he either has a big head or raw fighting ability, in either case it may depend on how long you've been training(all up) or even whether you to have natural fighting ability.
vts
ps when you do fight he is nothing more than a piece of meat standing in your way. never look at his size or aggresion levels etc. just see a blank canvas that you are about to paint with blood.

Kong Jianshen
11-08-2000, 09:38 PM
The one who will emerge victorious is the better man NOT the better art.

With 4 months of Wing Chun he should be nothing more then confused. Would you be afraid of racing a car against someone who hardly knew how to drive?

Its highly likely that if he gets popped once in the jaw he will suddenly forget all 4 months of his feeble training. Heed my advice, for I am a Wing Chun man myself

/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Always seeking to learn,
Kong Jianshen
Humble disciple of the ancient Boxing Arts

Twinsen
11-08-2000, 10:36 PM
Greetings my friend

Be calm. The more fear you have the worse you are.
Clear your mind. Forget how good or bad is him.
Just do it!

Good luck

~Guybrush~
"I am a water"

Rolling Elbow
11-09-2000, 10:46 PM
Well to say the least, I am very surprised that people would offer the author of this thread information that might help him pound the snot out of some other kid for no reason..his background alone would have given him enough of an edge over someone who only had 4 months experience..

If we are talking raw fighting then I'll tell you what my brother has always said about me and my panzy "pajama party" friends I train with and the system that I have chosen to study..:" all you guys are ***gots and if you don't have 10 or more years of practice you'll all end up on your backs getting pounded"..there is some truth in that statement I think so if you have a wrestling striking background, think about that. The question from everyone here should by now be whether or not this fight took place as it is well beyond Saturday.

Michael Panzerotti
Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North

DragonzRage
11-11-2000, 09:05 AM
I think Boxer is trolling guys.

You won't lose much if you go only halfway, but you won't win much either.