PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to be in a kung fu documentary?

wiz cool c
07-15-2003, 07:05 PM
I am making a kung fu documentary about the fighting aspect of kung fu. If anybody has any video footage of them sparring or fighting in a kung fu tournament (push hands, continuous sparring, shuai chiao, san shau) and they want to be in the docmentary, please send tapes to:

Documentary
311 East 60th St., #2-C
New York, NY 10022

No_Know
07-16-2003, 09:41 AM
Where will your documentary be shown?

wiz cool c
07-16-2003, 12:25 PM
We plan to distribute it in inside Kung Fu, Black Belt Magazine and Kung Fu Qigong magazine. As well as the martial art supply stores in manhattan for starters.

HuangKaiVun
07-28-2003, 12:17 PM
What's in it for those who actually send tapes?

Specifically, how much are we going to get PAID?

wiz cool c
07-28-2003, 05:18 PM
I dont know if any profit will be made off this tape. It is more a laber of love. Whoever send footage will receive a copy of the finale product. Pluse you will get yourself seen.

HuangKaiVun
07-29-2003, 11:24 AM
Thanks for being honest, wiz cool c.

That said, I am NOT going to do this because it's not fair to me or my students.

It costs $$$ and lots of time to produce a professional quality video of even the most rudimentary nature. Unless the compensation is adequate, doing this will not produce the net increase in student enrollment that would justify the time and effort it would take to do this RIGHT.

Besides, my students PAY ME to learn the kung fu from them. I might as well shut my doors and teach for free, prostituting my art and myself for the masses.

Sure, you would make some money out of this. At MY time and expense. And that's why I won't do it.

One must give in order to receive.

Subzero
07-29-2003, 12:09 PM
Wooohhhhhhhhh.
I think that YOU are going a bit MENTAL for NO reason.
He said if u have any footage.NOt asking u to produce a peice.
I think he just wanted somehting from a video camera at a tournement.
Not that i want to do it

wiz cool c
07-29-2003, 06:30 PM
Right if you have some allready taped sparring matches or tournaments stuff. Camcorder stuff is fine. Now the whole idear of the video is to show that kung fu isn't just forms. You can buy a tape of judo, jujutsu, boxing fights but kung fu all you see is forms. It funny how someone ask how much will I get paid then when they find out I cant pay them just give them the finished product and a chance to get your self seen and show your stuff its prostituting the art.

HuangKaiVun
07-30-2003, 02:46 PM
You don't want to send a video yourself and you call me "mental", subzero?

That's hypocrisy. Not good.

Tell you what, wiz cool c.

You send me YOUR video and I'LL make a compilation. I've even got the technical support people, connections and resources to get it done.

I'll even promise to give you compensation ;)

wiz cool c
07-30-2003, 06:42 PM
Dude you are just a ****head. Why do you come here just to start arguments. I am trying to do something positive and you got to try to bring me down. What a loser. Get a life you Ashida Kim wannabe.

Sui
08-01-2003, 08:34 AM
hey wiz i would like to be in your compelation.is it ok for me to get videod on a friday night picking on some poor old overweght guy,that called me a *****?
this would really show my kung fu,out of the forms element.
i'll do a bui to his throat and that'll be it,hey i'll do that for free.hahahaha lol

huang,no-one really gives a fnck about what you've got to show as its all fairy work.hahahahalol could not resist mate.

no,seriously billy wiz,is this wise if not to make money?the love of kung fu is an illusion.

sui

mysteri
08-04-2003, 11:51 PM
IMHO, if u showed a video of people sparrin w/ gung fu, to me most of them would jus look like TKD and karate guys sparrin wearin kung fu uniforms(like a lot of the guys looked like to me this weekend). i did however compete myself and took 3rd by default after i got DQ'ed(the silly guy wanted to try his "my-nose-to-ur-fist style"! :o) ) and i'll review my own tape to see if i find it acceptable to give to u(since i couldn't fight @ my best w/ an injured left hand). if i deem if acceptable then maybe i'll try to send u some clips VIA e-mail. but first i gotta make sure the person(s) who taped it have this technology. u can e-mail me if i forget(jowmysteri@yahoo.com). good luck in ur venture man, i respect entreprenuers b/c of the risks they take against the odds and criticism. if u really want some help and tips about the business aspect, a good resource that u may find useful is www.entreprenuer.com. good luck bro!

mono68
08-16-2003, 02:49 PM
Still producing the documentary project any takes Wiz?

wiz cool c
08-16-2003, 05:31 PM
I will be making this documentary with or without any help. But its hard to get alot of good footage. So far I have got some decent push hand stuff on film. One or two people so far said they would send some stuff. If you got any send it in. It doesn't have to be great. If you ever seen Gracie In Action you will get the idea.

Documentary
311 east 60th,#2-c
Ny, Ny 10022