PDA

View Full Version : good shoulders?

grifter721
07-15-2003, 10:47 PM
I received an injury to my left shoulder 4 yrs ago and have steadily since made my left shoulder a formidable foe. I still howver, have been loking for stretches and excersise to further my lefts and rights strength without weights. any ideas? I already have for stretches, R.A( Right fully extended) across chest and left fist 'bracing r.f (Right fist)..and vice versa, and push ups aso help ant others?

fa_jing
07-17-2003, 11:32 AM
Hindu pushups, also pick up a Yoga book, especially one by an Indian author and that shows the poses. I recommend "The Complete Illustrated Guide to Yoga" by Swami Vishnu-Devenanda

yuanfen
07-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Good advice fajing. Hopefully the Indian pushups are being done right,.

Iyengar's yoga (Light on Yoga) is good too. It specifies specific asanas for specific problems.

ewallace
07-17-2003, 01:14 PM
Any particular reason you want to avoid weights?

grifter721
07-17-2003, 01:36 PM
If I used weights I would have to use weights for the whole body and I do not have access to all teh weights I would want, at least not till September. 'sides I want to build my own bodies strength to limits again.
Hindu pushups eh....cool I will look em up!

aedolon
07-18-2003, 01:32 AM
Do handstands. A lot. I mean: stay there for a five or ten minutes. And if that's too easy (or when it gets too easy) do push-ups, try to walk or make small jumps or try some or all of these single-handedly.

It also will develop your coordination and balance. Not a bad thing, right?