truewrestler
07-16-2003, 08:25 AM
Lebanner's KO after end of fight

You might have to sign-up/login to SubFighter

http://www.subfighter.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=96

Direct: http://www.subfighter.net/downloads/highlights/fights/lebannerb.wmv

red5angel
07-16-2003, 08:27 AM
is there a generic account name? I don't feel like taking the time to create an account for a place I will log into once.

truewrestler
07-16-2003, 08:38 AM
not that i know of... there is a lot of good stuff there so it might be worth signing up

i don't know of any other location for that video

truewrestler
07-16-2003, 09:43 AM
ttt

truewrestler
07-16-2003, 10:53 AM
ok, i posted a direct link up there.... i don't think it requires login

norther practitioner
07-16-2003, 11:12 AM
Um, wow, that guy was either dilerious or just dumb... kind of funny, sort of disturbing too.

truewrestler
07-16-2003, 11:19 AM
disturbing? no, its hilarious...

it is the refs fault though for not stepping between them like he should have when stopping the fight

Ray Pina
07-16-2003, 11:33 AM
Any fighter with ring experience knows that after a knock down the ref will get between you before starting the action again. I see a malicious heart and uncalled for action.:o

truewrestler
07-16-2003, 11:56 AM
which one? I think the guy knocked down was out of it and didn't know the fight was stopped...

it was very strange

norther practitioner
07-16-2003, 11:58 AM
I see a malicious heart and uncalled for action.

Thats the disturbing part....:(

truewrestler
07-16-2003, 12:02 PM
which one are you reffering to?

the guy that got knocked down and got up and went to throw a punch at the other guy?

truewrestler
07-16-2003, 12:03 PM
http://www.ffc.tv/albums/album06/aab.jpg

norther practitioner
07-16-2003, 12:04 PM
the guy that got knocked down and got up and went to throw a punch at the other guy?

NO, the guy who knocked him out after the fight was done... granted the ref should have been between the two, and granted the guy got up and stepped right back up to bigger guy, but he also didn't hit him, or throw a punch, he did have that "come on," gesture, but still.

Chang Style Novice
07-16-2003, 12:05 PM
Yep, poor reffing, poor sportsmanship from both fighters. Altogether doing no honor to the notion of MA as a sport and reinforcing the idea that it's just a bunch of out-of-control thugs.

Ha. Ha ha ha.

Nope, can't do it.

truewrestler
07-16-2003, 12:08 PM
blah blah blah.... I thought it was great!

oh wait, were you being funny? :D

rubthebuddha
07-16-2003, 03:11 PM
gotta take a fighter's mind into account -- they just went toe to toe bashing each other, and bashing is the only thing that's been on their mind. the guy got up and immediately was in the other guys face. he wasn't threatening or whatever, but the last however many minutes for which the fight lasted, that's all they were focused on. getting OUT of the bashing mindset is easier said than done.

agreed on the reffing part -- he wasn't thinking, and the most important part of his job is boxer safety. he blew it, and the poor guy probably won't ref again.

edit: i just watched the video again -- watch the arms of the guy that got knocked down after he gets back up and approaches the other fighter. they shirk up like he's about ready to move, so i really can't blame the guy standing for clocking the **** outta him. if he even was aware that the fight was over, when the other dude walked up and shirked up his hands like that, i'd have done the same thing.

that is, if i was a good fighter. :p

truewrestler
07-16-2003, 03:25 PM
"agreed on the reffing part -- he wasn't thinking, and the most important part of his job is boxer safety. he blew it, and the poor guy probably won't ref again"

he's actually a ref for Pride :rolleyes:

African Tiger
07-16-2003, 05:03 PM
Nah, dude got up in his face after the fight was stopped. So he got "stopped" again :p

joedoe
07-16-2003, 05:35 PM
If you watch really carefully though, when the guy gets up and gets in the other guy's face again, then he sort of stops. The winner in response, puts his hands up to cover, stops, then decides to put the guy down.

Seems to me that the dude who won was a pretty malicious kinda person to be honest.

Ray Pina
07-17-2003, 07:46 AM
Win or lose I always give the other guy a pat on the back in a tournament setting ... could this be the case here? Most likely not. I think the guy was out of it after getting dropped. Likwise, he didn't seem in any position to do harm. If the other guy felt threatened he could have shielded for a brief second, waited for the ref and his pay check.

I understand the fighter mind. I also understand for that guy to be in that ring, at that level, he's got to be somewhat cool, calm and collected. That was most certainly intentional. HE KNEW THE FIGHT WAS OVER. He could have backed away until the ref got inbetween.

I would have booed!

truewrestler
07-17-2003, 08:21 AM
If you look closely, Lebanner (the winner), puts his left hand out to stop the guys forward movement and already has the punch c0cked. He just lets it fly with a split second of thought.

I blaim it all on the ref :)

truewrestler
07-17-2003, 12:05 PM
ttt

joedoe
07-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by EvolutionFist
Win or lose I always give the other guy a pat on the back in a tournament setting ... could this be the case here? Most likely not. I think the guy was out of it after getting dropped. Likwise, he didn't seem in any position to do harm. If the other guy felt threatened he could have shielded for a brief second, waited for the ref and his pay check.

I understand the fighter mind. I also understand for that guy to be in that ring, at that level, he's got to be somewhat cool, calm and collected. That was most certainly intentional. HE KNEW THE FIGHT WAS OVER. He could have backed away until the ref got inbetween.

I would have booed!

I agree. He could have covered up and moved out of the situation. He could have just pushed the guy away. But instead he decides to flatten the guy. Very poor sportsmanship if you ask me.