PDA

View Full Version : movie stuff - Kill Bill to be a two-parter

Chang Style Novice
07-16-2003, 09:12 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/16/movies/16KILL.html

If you don't want to register, use the name "salon" and password "tabletalk" (or maybe it's the other way around.)

This is turning into a big trend, not just making sequels to films but filming pictures two or three at a time. I guess you've got to have a lot of clout to do it, though.

GeneChing
07-16-2003, 09:18 AM
Ain't it the truth. Now Miramax owns more martial arts movies than they know what to do with. We'll see how they handle Shaolin Soccer next month. Some how, splitting Kill Bill into two parts seems very Miramax, but I have high expectations for Tarantino.

FatherDog
07-16-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
This is turning into a big trend, not just making sequels to films but filming pictures two or three at a time. I guess you've got to have a lot of clout to do it, though.

I think the whole Aaliyah/Matrix thing finally convinced studio execs that it might be a good idea.

The Willow Sword
07-16-2003, 10:26 AM
I have seen the trailers for "Kill Bill" and it looks like its going to be an awesome film,,,but not awesome in the way that say fist of ledgend was. but rather a tarantino b-movie semi serious parody.

Chang Style Novice
07-16-2003, 10:29 AM
The trailers I saw a few months ago looked pretty fun. The article I linked describes it as one of the most intense and bloody MA pictures ever made, so that's something to look forward to.

What I wonder is how they'll subtitle the halves. My first thought is

Kill Bill: The Beginning
and
Kill Bill: The End