PDA

View Full Version : If it ain't broke, don't kung-fix it

African Tiger
07-16-2003, 05:00 PM
Ok, this new start page for KFO is really beginning to bug me, with this whole Reality and Reality Fighting thing.

Can anyone tell me when kung fu became Unreal? And for that matter, this site is affiliated with Kung Fu Magazine. So does that mean the forum is a contradiction to the magazine?

Wat gives??????

joedoe
07-16-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by African Tiger
Ok, this new start page for KFO is really beginning to bug me, with this whole Reality and Reality Fighting thing.

Can anyone tell me when kung fu became Unreal? And for that matter, this site is affiliated with Kung Fu Magazine. So does that mean the forum is a contradiction to the magazine?

Wat gives??????

Kung fu became unreal when people started to get the perception that the stuff in the kung fu flicks was actually what kung fu is about.

ZIM
07-16-2003, 05:56 PM
I don't think thats the issue at all- "Reality fighting" is being used now just because thats the new term, like as in "reality TV" and that stuff.

You've been voted out of the Kwoon. :D Actually, you should write the script for that, give it to the Kwoon.com :p

"Extreme" was used up and kinda '90's, thats all.

SifuAbel
07-16-2003, 10:13 PM
Yeah then people started to add "combat" to everything.

rubthebuddha
07-16-2003, 11:37 PM
"Enroll NOW in Sifu Abel's school of Combat Yoga, where you will be taught to kick ass in the most flexible way on earth. No other style can touch Combat Yoga, for it is too soft to be contained, too flexible to be injured and too powerful to handle. So start now and become the ass-kicking yogi you deserve to be!"

just a thought ... ;)

Merryprankster
07-17-2003, 02:22 AM
Combat Yoga, where you will be taught to kick ass in the most flexible way on earth. No other style can touch Combat Yoga, for it is too soft to be contained, too flexible to be injured and too powerful to handle. So start now and become the ass-kicking yogi you deserve to be!"

Ah, see, we already have Combat Yoga. It's called BJJ.

"If done right, no can defense." :D

No_Know
07-17-2003, 02:27 AM
The person in control and webmaster here-ish wants to share. This same person became outraged-ish due to some considered senseless needless~ deaths. In an irration al attempt to feel better about not being able to stop it, nor it's remarkedly similar occurance he was in~, webmaster person changed perspective or thinks person became aware of the truth. Having to do with what works and is life-saving effective. So called real, down and dirty, hardcore stuff. Knives--cutting implemtnts, stabbers/pokers, guns, gun disarms, hard punches, low height-high damage kicks, mercilessly delivered. Because the loss of you or someone next to you (literally or figuratively) is not to be tolerated. Grieving/Mourning, Guilt, Frustration, Confusion--Shock~--Distraughtsion seems to be what's up African Tiger.

Kung-Fu didn't change-ish. But it also, with it's philosophies, didn't stop bullets let loose from the guns fired by disgruntled workers (Grieving, Sad or distrought).

The magazine presents what it's perspective is of what is "good and right with the World."~ The forum will reflect one person's and the like-minded or follow-minded's/wanting-to-belong-minded's perspective of what is Really save a life Now/for today's situations/with options and tools not widely present in the Kung-Fu years before.

Perhaps some such some might say. Perhaps.

Former castleva
07-17-2003, 04:32 AM
No_Know,
Your english is pretty odd.No offense meant.

I donīt think the fact that "reality fighting" (screwed up english,says me) necessarily translates to KF being considered "unreal" but times&trends change,so must approaches.

Robbie
07-17-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by ZIM
I don't think thats the issue at all- "Reality fighting" is being used now just because thats the new term, like as in "reality TV" and that stuff.

You've been voted out of the Kwoon. :D Actually, you should write the script for that, give it to the Kwoon.com :p

"Extreme" was used up and kinda '90's, thats all.

ZIM,
I'll thumbs up that. You should email them. It could be very entertaining, unlike the reality shows we have on TV.

SifuAbel
07-17-2003, 09:09 AM
I prefer "Combat Ice Skating" Where else can you walk around with blades on your feet.

:D

Okami
07-17-2003, 09:29 AM
At least we all practice "combat typing" on the forum :)

SifuAbel
07-17-2003, 09:32 AM
LOL! I use the deadly "Hunt and peck" method.

norther practitioner
07-17-2003, 09:48 AM
"Enroll NOW in Sifu Abel's school of Combat Yoga, where you will be taught to kick ass in the most flexible way on earth. No other style can touch Combat Yoga, for it is too soft to be contained, too flexible to be injured and too powerful to handle. So start now and become the ass-kicking yogi you deserve to be!"

I have a kung fu movie called Kung fu vs. Yoga... pretty funny....:D

LOL! I use the deadly "Hunt and peck" method.

10 Fingers of Fury!
Starring Bucer Lieeeeeee

SifuAbel
07-17-2003, 09:59 AM
Hunt and Peck is based on the mantis style.

ZIM
07-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Commercial:
[Interior, DARK]
[Robbie grabs camera and shakes it, leering at audience]
ROBBIE: "Yeah, African Tiger is good and all. But, man! Does he ever p1ss me off!"

[Jump cut- AT throws a right hook at ROBBIE, screaming obscenities]

ROBBIE: "It's like, he don't like nobody, right?"

[Jump cut- AT sitting in kitchen, speaking in LOW VOICE: "I don't like nobody, dig?"]

SIFU, in KITCHEN: "I don't see what the problem is. I like AT."

KELLY: "He said he'd 'do' me. What's up wit that?"

AT: "I got the VETO power, so bite me."

VOICEOVER: "Who will be voted out of the Kwoon next?"

[FADEOUT]

African Tiger
07-17-2003, 07:46 PM
Cool, ZIM! Now where are my groupies?? My trailer?

I get script approval and I get points on the back end...preferably the back end of Wushu Chik, but we'll talk...:D :D :D

SifuAbel
07-17-2003, 09:49 PM
Speaking of scripts...........................:confused: