PDA

View Full Version : Lam Sai Wing Memorial Book?

Jan Seung
07-17-2003, 01:19 AM
I read there's a book (in Chinese) about Lam Sai Wing.

What is this book about?
Does anybody know where I can buy it?

SiJiHao
07-20-2003, 08:27 AM
That is limit edition, out of print.

To eulogise Lum Sai Wing on his passing,
many stories, photographs and testamonial by his own students, including Woo Lap Fung, also Lum Jo and his students, including Wong Lee, Wong Kwong Ming, Chiu Kau, etc.

My opinion, best book Hung Ga ever written.

bean curd
07-26-2003, 11:57 PM
jan seung, sijihao

are you refering to book written in early 50's ???

SiJiHao
07-27-2003, 07:54 PM
This book is 1950's, I'm talking about. Jan Seung, I don't hear from you? This one you are asking?

Jan Seung
07-28-2003, 12:49 AM
I saw this book being mentioned in the internet somewhere.
Maybe there are more books?

Maybe it's the book SiJiHao tells.
Can you tell me more about it?
Where can I buy it?

Lin Chong
08-06-2003, 02:33 AM
Hi,

As far as i know The Lam Sai Wing Memorial Book is not for sale and has never been available to the general public on sale.

The book contains info on the Lam family's hung gar history. lineage, students bio's and so on plus lam sai wing's famed Tiger&Crane book. I hope this helps.

Jan Seung
08-07-2003, 01:49 AM
Maybe someone is willing to copy it for me?

South Paw
08-07-2003, 11:57 AM
Maybe you ask the Lam Family for a copy.

SiJiHao
08-09-2003, 09:49 AM
Jan Seung, I really like help to you, but cost my expense. You can e mail to me, give you privately, must pay my expense? Sorry,asking, I hop you understand?ok la

Jan Seung
08-18-2003, 12:43 AM
SiJiHao,

thanks. I have received the book.
It's very good.

I have one question though. If people now say the book was made by Lam Cho, then why did they put an advertisement in it?
Very funny.

bean curd
08-18-2003, 02:14 AM
jan seung

so by your question - you saying book not made by lam jo ?? look at names in book, some names are interesting, why are such names there, when they are issues in that time, yet in book ?? if so then how book created ??

sijaiho -

you write on other post but i ask here - regarding photo , are you saying a photo makes strong truth than the words of many people ??? not all things appear to the eye is a truth, not all words spoken the ears understand - so where is the truth in such things? and why in a general discussion on photo's you bring names in so clearly - what is reason for such attention ????

GrMs
08-18-2003, 03:53 AM
To bean curd,

Some very critical points of view. Hope Jan Seung will give the answer. But I doubt it. He did not even bother to give a reply to my question where the old schoolrecords of Lam Sai Wing were located. Which Lau Family?
This question of the schoolrecords is strongly related to the memorial book imho.

Peace

bean curd
08-20-2003, 12:57 AM
i am sure Jan Seung will answer such questions, he kindly asks questions and expects replies, why should we not expect the same.

one more thing i wish to ask, Jan Seung, which branch of Mok family do you train with ( last name of sifu will suffice ) it will clarify to me, how you reply to my first questions.

SiJiHao
08-20-2003, 01:40 AM
Talking Cheap. 1 Single Picture Worthing 10000 Words.

bean curd
08-21-2003, 03:05 AM
sijihao - why talk like a politician. you are more vocal than this, why such little words ??

one picture is a thousand words, you say.
a word is stonger than a sword, so if i write my words, does it give more truth ??

you still not answer question, why bring names in, what is the purpose??

Jan Seung
08-21-2003, 04:46 AM
Bean Curd,

I read the book was made by the Lam Sai Wing Alumni Association.
Although Lam Cho was the president, I think he didn't write it all by himself.

I think it's funny that there are people now that say they didn't help with the book, they didn't write their bio, because they had a difference with Lam Cho.

From some people I can find several pictures (also personal pictures), pictures of students, names of students, a biography (where does the personal info come from?) and even an advertisements for their schools.

Jan Seung
08-21-2003, 04:58 AM
GrMs,

If I write Lau, you ask Lam?
If I write later, you ask earlier?

I don't feel like replying like that.

It's not Lau Chaam.
If your lineage is directly from Lam Sai Wing, you will know which Lau it is. This Lau taught in Lam Sai Wing's main school.

Jan Seung
08-21-2003, 05:06 AM
Bean Curd,

Mok is my sigung. Lee is my sibak.
I think you already know my branch.

bean curd
08-21-2003, 06:07 AM
jan seung

regard your branch - as i may know yours, then you may also know mine

what you write of the alumni assocation is true. on lam si, this is also true, but noone has ever said lam si wrote book ?? who has said this ??? i never heard this - ever ??

as to people say they never write biography - but i not here anyone say they didn't write theirs if in book, so there is no concern here either.

question is, the intent of when book was written and why, is it not true that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing , if the mind does not let both sides in on the plan??

is it not also true that when some where asked to put names in book- things did not go to plan, and put in by others ?? you say that such talk happen after book written, look before this, much earlier and as you know, such things already open

this is such an old issue, that banters from one side to the other, why bring such things up especially due to your branch position, and especially family position, whose interest is at heart, what is it to do with mok family ???

SiJiHao
08-22-2003, 08:06 PM
Who many people words? Where you say many people? I give one picture the proof, you asking the 10000 words again. Even you see for your self, why still you no satisfy? I see no so many people, who? Last person who experince and the position to say true must do so as duty, this is honor of those before, those alive, and the future people follow. You know true and otyher spreading stories, say nothing? now who is you're politician?
Now Mok Si Tai generation gone, and such new too many storys! Someone just trying to have speak the last words before the history writting. No old issue, No many people, only his own words the history. Ridiculous!

bean curd
08-23-2003, 12:46 AM
sijihao - what is rediculous is what you say. nothing you speak is new, yet you try to make things out to be so - the purpose of doing so is very weak on your part. how can one photo be truth?? who's truth???

you know as well as i, such things been said for many years. maybe things " he " say is new on somethings, but if we are talking of same person, i am not talking of him only, he has students to talk for him, i speak of others. if you know others then photo is nothing more than photo. have you seen them all, do you know why such photo was actually taken, you know there are others of coarse. in others years photo's taken for other reasons also.

what photo are taken for is the purpose of one time, then changes for another, when appropriate. one can only listen to what is being said, and decide on own meaning.

it is an old issue, if you been round long time you know this to be true

jan seung - sai wan hoi, sau kay wan do. do you know the number ??? is the correct, just curious

SiJiHao
08-23-2003, 08:10 PM
You too also have the reason for the guilty feeling now?
I am not who started this kind of talking.

This so clear you know I tell correct, always how you say that way!

bean curd
08-24-2003, 12:48 AM
i have no guilty feeling, why should i, you trying again to put things there that arn't, a childish ploy, that never goes unnoticed.

you did start such talk, you talk like this since you been on forum, you try to be vield, in a way so one can notice your writing yet not up front with it - another childish ploy

you say - "This so clear you know I tell correct, always how you say that way! " - your ego is showing

SiJiHao
08-24-2003, 05:39 PM
Some one is take lousy advantage those too polite speak for himselfs. Therefore,
those of others care help them be heard properly.
Those are guilty hope so much and cover up any true story. Maybe you?
Whose care Lee Chan Wo is the where?
know right and wrong is important. Whose care Lee Chan Wo is live the here or there?
Show proof big nothing.
Me the ego? you show proof me yourself is not feel guilty some thing!

bean curd
08-24-2003, 11:16 PM
sijihao, lol, you bring in so many names to talk down too. now why now you bring up lee chan wor?? what is that to do with me??

you show no proof - ever, just one photo , what is in that. would i show you anything - pearls before swine !! you bring it all up i am just responding in a question

one thing i ask you can help me with - if all where painted by the same painter, then why is there no trademark of the painting. all the paintings look the same yet nothing like painter - why is this???

SiJiHao
08-25-2003, 09:16 AM
You bothering Jan Seung the Si Bak living Sao Kei Wan where, I tell you just wasting the time.
You speaking riddles not mean you have even just one answer.
If you know is truth, is some matter where you living?
Who did not respect the Master will sick when try and steals the Master Gung Fu.
Own air will turning against him, make himself sick.
Be careful not stealing, you!

South Paw
08-25-2003, 09:34 AM
Who did not respect the Master will sick when try and steals the Master Gung Fu.
Own air will turning against him, make himself sick.

SiJiHao,

You opened my eyes !!!
Now I understand why the members of the Chiu Family are so strong. Grandmasters Chiu Kau and Shiu Ying always respected their Master (LSW), practiced their Hung Gar diligently, and therefore lived a long and healthy live.
Also both their sons, grandmasters in their own right, are still alive and kicking. :D

Never did see it that way.

Respect.

SiJiHao
08-25-2003, 09:48 AM
This sick is go crazy.

South Paw
08-25-2003, 10:23 AM
SiJiHao,

Keep on posting. You are so funny :D

Rob Wolf
08-25-2003, 07:00 PM
Sijihao,

YOU SICK, YOU CRAZY!!!!

Rob
www.sillumwingchun.com

:D

bean curd
08-26-2003, 01:11 AM
not only do you speak ill of others, now you speak for others. i have read jan seung writtings, does he need you to respond for him,??? what is my questions to him of concern to you ??

it is only a riddle if you do not understand the question, why is it you don't understand the question. you know of who i am refering to and you know who the paintings are ( there are a few ), so why not answer the question, instead of giving me retoric.

like i say - as you have said - if picture paint 10000 words, and action speak louder than words, then why is it that the paintings do not have the painter skills within them, why is it that the painter is nothing like the paintings and the paintings nothing like the painter, yet all the paintings are so close to each other ???

here is your proof if you are strong enough to see it, and not be blinded by the light of the camera when the photo was being taken !!!!!

GrMs
08-26-2003, 05:26 AM
To Jan Seung,

You wrote:

If I write Lau, you ask Lam?
If I write later, you ask earlier?

I don't feel like replying like that.

It's not Lau Chaam.
If your lineage is directly from Lam Sai Wing, you will know which Lau it is. This Lau taught in Lam Sai Wing's main school.

Concerning Lau I know who you mean. Thanks for you answer. Just miscommunication.

Peace.

SiJiHao
08-27-2003, 01:45 AM
Quote:

" It is better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven"

Rob
www.sillumwingchun.com

"Gwai Lo ??? SiJiHao Mind your language !!!"

South Paw

GrMs,
I talk with you whatever if you proving not just Rob Wolf the talking.

Beancurd,
You seeming is smart than such talks!
Why helping such?

These guys Ho Cho Lo!

bean curd
08-30-2003, 06:14 PM
who am i helping ?? the family is large !! will you answer my question on the painting and the painter or not ???

bean curd
08-30-2003, 06:18 PM
who am i to say such things. sometimes this is required, we all do it - NO ??

let the noise go and stay focused, no need to bring this to my attention

thank you

SiJiHao
08-30-2003, 09:40 PM
Beancurd, you say is the Dai Ga, i feel you is the Dai Ga before I not understands you saying what. Now, this is problem here. Dai Luk open up, so many master work of arts the world is love this, very expense so can not for every person. Now this year back so many fake arts, even you no the money can even buy this one! back such fake arts idea is sell the westener, this Ming Doi, this Ching Doi such. you know? Westener is come hope for China the true arts get cheat? some expert, or may be any chinese can tell you this real this fake. even the little experience or westener not knows, so others must warn this, have a duty is say so. You say not like because now people feeling have some cheat happen, maybe is not truust any, have fighting? Yes, this the very bad for honor reputation, so im not know how is say such. one finger the others is four fingers himself. I clearly now you painter paint paintigs! maybe some arts is old brush, some the new some the paper, some the woods, some half done, changed the name then even not original one can sell whos not know this. always happen can not stop. people must smart to buy from good name house only, not get cheat. some satisfy the cheap is no problem, only not cheats the others. Complain this one too much is nobody like the art. You any advices this one?

bean curd
09-01-2003, 01:33 AM
we are talking chinese to chinese, western lives did not come in till recent, so how can this be ??? lost skills came to china when Mao come, where did they go ?? to seek the skill do not visit china, you know what this mean ??? old ways still there, but not revel not even know, to find truth look outside of home land it has been this way for many years.

how can chinese be smart than western ?? many fool no matter where they come from, many skilled no matter where they come from. some teach skill in homeland, that was their purpose while other family teach outside of homeland that was their purpose.

i find it intereting your reply to painting and painter, but you say " maybe". this is the true word in your writting, it leads all else you say about brush. this is not proof on such things. i show you proof in living not in past, it was easy to see when some where with us, now they have left - a sad day - but the skill remain, yet all not as you say - maybe, it is " this is ".

you talk of worthy goods from good house, i have never said painter was bad goods - ever - goods are great, yet goods not the same as others, and others just as great. influence is one thing, but not influence in all parties, influence come from another.

photo's, meetings, dress all have reason, yet reason change when time comes later, where is loyalty, and loyatly to who. skill is not within those paintings, proof is always in the brush stroke, the stroke is different, this is the truth, show me otherwise !! if not, then what is value of painting if not the same as the one who speak that they paint it ????

South Paw
09-05-2003, 11:32 PM
SiJiHao,

Using the word Gwai Lo does tell us more about your contempt of westerners or westerners playing Kung Fu. It could be a "slip of the tongue". But I take this as a very serious insult.

My attack to swordshadow was only directed to him, because I know with whom I was dealing. And my remark also was meant to be funny.

Comparing both these insults is inapropriate.

SiJiHao
09-07-2003, 08:06 AM
now you explains me funny not funny?

South Paw
09-07-2003, 08:38 AM
SiJiHao,

What is funny to me or to the members of this forum is not necessarily funny to those I direct my posts to.
And I am in no way responsible for what Rob Wolf is writing. Sometimes he is very funny, and sometimes he is not. But that is just a matter of taste.

On the other hand you are writing down 3 of my remarks, putting them together, totally out of context. I don't think that is funny.

Hope you did understand my previous message about your (possible) contempt of westerners. Using the word Gwai Lo is not funny at all.