PDA

View Full Version : Tanglang Directory

MantisifuFW
07-17-2003, 08:46 AM
List Members,

We are attempting to develop an international listing for Tanglang school worldwide rather like the one that the Wing Chun people have assembled for their style. Our listings can be seen at:

http://www.authentickungfu.com/mantis_directory.html

Just click the listing for the country where your school is located and see if yours is listed. If not, please go to:

http://www.authentickungfu.com/email.html

and give us the address and school phone number, (no personal numbers, folks call from all over the world at odd times), website and instructor. We will put up the listing as quickly as possible and let you know so that you can review it. If you have a logo you can include it and we will put it on our links page along with your link.

Right now this listing is on my school's website but it will be moved to the Mantis Quarterly site soon so that it won't be associated with any single organization. Bear with us for the present.

Thanks,

Steve Cottrell

Crushing Step
07-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Sifu Cotrell-

"Chinese Martial Arts School" listed in Maine is no longer there. Sifu Brisson left Maine in 2000, and now lives in CT. That email address is also no longer valid. As for an updated listing, sifu is only teaching privately.

_Jason

MantisifuFW
07-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Thanks, we used to have regular contact with Sifu Brison but we lost touch, thanks for the update.

Steve Cottrell

MantisifuFW
07-17-2003, 08:31 PM
List Members,

We have a listing for Asia on the site. Though I have some mainland folks listed, I was hoping to put contact info for Lee Kam Wing's Association in Hong Kong, incase anyone wanted to visit or contact for seminars. If anyone could provide this address, with permission, I would be happy to post it too.

Steve Cottrell

Djimbe
08-08-2003, 03:02 AM
Master Lee Kam Wing
1 Un Chau Street
1st Floor Block B
Sham Shui Po
Kowloon
Hong Kong
TEL-FAX 852 2777 2161
http://www.seven-star.de/leekamwing/frame1.htm

MantisifuFW
08-11-2003, 09:44 PM
Thank you Dgimbe!

I had wanted to include Sifu Lee Kam Wing in our listings long before now but I did not have access to his information. He is a leading force in the spread and preservation of Hong Kong Tanglang, he should not be neglected!

Nick8step,

Indeed not! We wish to include all, Taiji, Bat Bo, Taijimeihua and Meihua as well as Seven Star. My desire is to use the website to offer listings for all.

The community must come together ultimately. I have hoped that more Bat Bo Tanglang would offer information, articles and addresses but I am sure that some things come only with time and proof that one is sincere and dilligent. They will see one day that I am both!

I would appreciate any information on 8step that you could, with permission, furnish.

Sincerely,

Steve Cottrell

MantisifuFW
08-13-2003, 09:07 AM
Djimbe,

We have the listing up on our Hong Kong section of the Website.

You can view the listing at:

http://www.authentickungfu.com/seven_star/asia_mantis_links.html

Thank you again for your help,

Steve Cottrell

German Bai Lung
08-13-2003, 11:53 AM
Hi Sifu Cottrell,

"Sham Shui Po Kowloon
1 Un Chau Street
1st Floor Block B
Hong Kong
Head Instructor: Master Lee Kam Wing
Contact #: 852 2777 2161"

wasn´t it better to write:
Seven Star Praying Mantis instead of Sham Shui Po Kowloon! (thats the block where he lives in Hong Kong ;) )

MantisifuFW
08-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Wow Bailung you are right!

I was in such a hurry to get it up last night I did not even think of it.

Thanks,

Steve Cottrell

Djimbe
08-14-2003, 12:49 AM
Hey , it never Hurts to Help !

Here is a Mate of mine that I saw was most Conspicuously missing from your List :

Othal Thomas
Wu Shen Tao Martial arts Center
7014 Westmoreland Ave
Takoma Park , MD 20912
(301) 270-0665
Seven Star Praying Mantis
(Certified under Sifu Cheung Wah - A Fantastic teacher for a Fighter and a GREAT guy !)

If there is anyone else that you can think of that youre Conspicuoulsy missng , then Ill Rummadge about & see if I have tossed them into my "Mantis Guy Shoebox" over the years .

MantisifuFW
08-14-2003, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the new listing.

I will have it up soon. My computer just got fried by lightening I think so I am on my laptop. But soon...

In the meantime if you do come up with others please do post them. I will get to them as fast as I can once my system is working again.

Thank you for your help in this, what I think is an important thing for our community.

Steve Cottrell