PDA

View Full Version : attn: austinites and houstonites!

rubthebuddha
07-18-2003, 12:33 PM
i'm going to be in austin and houston from the 23rd through the 29th. anyone going to be around?

Chang Style Novice
07-18-2003, 12:39 PM
Seems likely.

ewallace
07-18-2003, 12:45 PM
You should come down for lunch or something one of those days. It's only an hour from Austin.

The Willow Sword
07-18-2003, 12:52 PM
I will be around. that is if you are interested in meeting me as well. haha i know people here dont like me but i could care less. no such thing as bad publicity.

Many respects,,,TWS:p

dezhen2001
07-18-2003, 01:08 PM
no such thing as bad publicity. ummm... thats not true. If people kept sayinf "TWS is an arse", or something similar - then i would call that pretty bad :p:D

dawood

The Willow Sword
07-18-2003, 01:11 PM
ALL the MORE REASON to MEET then. Meet the Arse.

then decide if all the hub bub is true. :D ;) :p

rubthebuddha
07-18-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by The Willow Sword
Meet the Arse. bad thing to say to a Greek man, regardless of my heterosexuality (or the fact that i'm going to texas to be with my girlfriend). :D

The Willow Sword
07-18-2003, 01:39 PM
LOL jesus allright,,,,,,just post where you want to hook up. we got some groovy parks to train in and resterunts to get drunk in as well.
im game.
Many Respects,,TWS

dezhen2001
07-18-2003, 01:45 PM
they may get u drunk TWS and take advantage of you then run away, leaving u looking stupid :eek:

dawood

The Willow Sword
07-18-2003, 02:14 PM
:D

rubthebuddha
07-18-2003, 02:17 PM
not sure what all my girl has planned, but even something simple like lunch at texadelphia might be easily done.

Shaolin-Do
07-18-2003, 02:46 PM
I may be around that way...
go say howdy.
:)

rubthebuddha
07-18-2003, 10:38 PM
i shall let you stout fellers know more whenever my girl bothers to tell me. all i know is i'm showing up, going to a wedding sometime and ... hm, i think that's about it.

Shaolin-Do
07-18-2003, 10:53 PM
Will there be drinks?
??!????
Can iI go?
:RD
:D

Chang Style Novice
07-19-2003, 06:51 AM
Doesn't she want to meet all your imaginary krottie friends?!!?

rubthebuddha
07-19-2003, 05:29 PM
perhaps, perhaps not. at least she knows what i study is a art called wing tsun, and it's a style of kung fu. beyond that, it matters little to her other than it makes me happy.

however, she wants me to move down there sometime. the likelihood of that increases with the more people i meet and like ...

speaking of austin, i know that there's a wt school in town. i was curious what else is in the area and how you feel about the school. :)

Chang Style Novice
07-19-2003, 08:40 PM
There's several schools teaching several varieties of wving chtszun. I don't know much about any of them. I learned my taiji/shuai chiao from Paul Hwang at Tai Chi People (which used to be affiliated with Central Texas Kung Fu Exchange, which is one of the places that teaches some variety or other of wving chtszun, along with some kind of mantis) but never met any of the wvingnuts personally.

When I take start taking classes again, I'd like to divide my time between Shifu Hwang and Frank Benn's Integrated Fighting Arts, which is muay thai, boxing and sub wrestling, plus kali weapons. I'm most interested in his sub wrestling, to be honest. That's the class I observed, and I have even less in the way of ground skill than I do stand up, so that was an easy decision. Plus, his guy Ty Baker keeps winning our local nhb events.

You figure you could end up down here or something?

rubthebuddha
07-19-2003, 09:46 PM
You figure you could end up down here or something? well, my girl figured. chances are we'll be living in austin sometime in the next few years (this whole 2400 miles apart thing licks monkey buttcheeks).

i love the wing tsun, but my teacher here has a lot more than just wing tsun experience, and he shares it. escrima, pekiti tirsia, muay thai, hapkido, etc. if i did live in austin, i'd want to continue this, but i think i'd have to mix a school or two. for empty hand, i'm happy with wt, but for weapons work, i don't think you get much better than filipino stuff. that, and i'm just genuinely curious about the softer chinese arts, especially xingyi.

my home of bellingham, washington, isn't quite a haven or vortex for martial arts. my wt school is fantastic, but this town has little else but mcdojos.

also, don't forget to add a "j" to "chtszun" in future references. :D