PDA

View Full Version : Logo Lam Sai Wing?

Jan Seung
07-18-2003, 11:30 PM
I wondered what the logo of Lam Sai Wing Schools looked like?

David Jamieson
07-19-2003, 06:48 AM
It's the stylized diamond containing the chinese ideograms for tiger and crane.

Check out this site (http://www.shaolinhunggar.com/frame.html) ,or this site (http://www.hunggar.com), or many other web sites that contain the logo. I am not certain it is 'lam sai wings' but it is used by many of those who claim lineage through to him.

cheers

once ronin
07-20-2003, 09:37 PM
kung lek, sorry wrong answer.

lam sai wing patch was round. this was proof also in group pics who was lam sai wing students and who was lum jo students.

as far as what the in the circle. i want to see who else knows this.

many profess to know or were students of lam sai wing. i'll let them answer.

David Jamieson
07-21-2003, 05:33 AM
Once R.

You are right, it is not Lam Sai Wing's logo, but it is used by those schools that claim lineage to lam sai wing. That is to say the diamond logo.

cheers

PM
07-22-2003, 05:57 AM
Grandmaster Lam Saiwing's logo was round with Chinese characters "Lam gwun" (Lam's gungfu school) i it.

his nephew's logo - Grandmaster Lam Jou's logo - is "fu hok jeung", ie. "tiger crane olive" - diamond shape with tiger and crane stylized characters

SiJiHao
07-29-2003, 06:00 PM
That is correct, PM

The Round Patch "Lam Gwoon" were Lam Sai Wing students only, all Diamond Patch from Lam Jo's teaching.

Lee Yat Ming is Lam Jo student.

Swedish Hung Gar Association lineage unknown.

Jan Seung
07-31-2003, 01:09 AM
Is there a picture anywhere?

Jan Seung
07-31-2003, 01:09 AM
Is there a picture anywhere?

PM
07-31-2003, 06:00 AM
check out this picture (http://www.hungga.org/cz/fotogalerie/lam_saiwing/lsw05_t.jpg) - the students are wearing the uniform with the logo of Lam Sawing's school. also, on the picture form gung ji fuk fu kyun (photo edition) Grandmaster Lam Saiwing wears the uniform of his school with the round logo. couple of pics are at here (http://www.hungkuen.net/gallery-lamsaiwing.htm) (end of second row and third row)

SiJiHao
08-09-2003, 09:41 AM
This correct . Who is wear Lam Jo diamond, Lam Jo the student. who is wear Lam Sai Wing circle, Lam Sai wing the student. Siu Ying have diamond, and Chiu Kao also here. Who student such shirt wearing?
So much enjoy this, the history.

Jan Seung
08-18-2003, 12:45 AM
Thank you very much all.

The Lam Sai Wing logo looks a little bit like the Wong Fei Hung logo.

GrMs
08-18-2003, 04:06 AM
To SiJiHao:

It is evident that within the Lam Sai Wing organisation everyone was wearing the circle logo, and within the Lam Yo organisation the diamond logo. There is enough proof of that.

But what does it mean and what does it proof when people are wearing the diamond logo of Lum Yo?

a. They are his students.
and/or
b. They belong to his organisation, that he took over from grandmaster Lam Sai Wing.

Peace

South Paw
08-18-2003, 01:53 PM
Jan Seung,

Can you give me an example of the Wong Fei Hung logo? Is it still in use by students and grandstudents of Grandmaster Mok Gwei Lan in Hong Kong?

SiJiHao
08-18-2003, 11:42 PM
Lam Jo student wearing Diamond patch only. He already 33 years old Lam Sai Wing passing away. already Lam Jo organization then Lam Sai Wing retiring 1928. Those students of Lam Jo, Chan Hon Chung, Chiu Kao and Wife, Wong Lee, etc. all wearing Lam Jo the Diamond, practice Lam Jo the Gung Fu, Lam Jo the student. Who knows the Gung Fu on the first hand can explain difference clearly.
Chiu Kau not follow Lam Sai Wing direct is join to late. before follow the who? Wong Sai wing the who?

GrMs
08-19-2003, 08:09 AM
To SiJiHao,

O.k. That's your vision. You are saying if they wear his logo they are his students.

Concerning Chiu Kau I have read some other articles that I have found on www.hungkuenmuseum.info. They oppose the theory of Chiu Kau being a direct student of Lam Jo. But you can read this yourself.

A short outline:
At first Chiu Kau followed Hung Gar master Wong Sai Wing, a student of Wong Fei Hung, that lived in Malaysia. He started there in 1909, 1 year before Lam Jo was born.
After 13 years of following this Sifu he went to Hong Kong (in 1922).
What I don't understand is this: He heard from the famous Lam Sai Wing and wanted to follow him. So that's what he did. Following Lam Sai Wing until he was asked to start his own kwoon in 1931, 2 years before Lam Jo took over the organisation of his uncle Lam Sai Wing.
Later Chiu Kau and his wife also belonged to Lam Jo's organisation. A matter of loyalty. Besides grandmaster Lam Sai Wing was the informal head of this Hung Gar family till his dead in 1943.

Peace and brotherhood.

South Paw
08-19-2003, 02:54 PM
Hi GM,

Support you all the way !!!

Respect.

GrMs
08-20-2003, 05:18 AM
To SiJiHao,

I understand which side you're on.
Just believe what you think is right.

Peace.

Jan Seung
08-21-2003, 04:50 AM
South Paw,

the logo of Wong Fei Hung was round, black inside, just one yellow line.

Later there was another logo, but I believe Mok sigung made it, not sure though.

South Paw
08-22-2003, 08:14 AM
Jan Seung,

Thanks for your response.
I appreciate it.

SiJiHao
08-22-2003, 07:36 PM
I help your mistaken, Why which side, which side? Is it your Si Fu not want you know he Si Gung still living? Why not? You must thank me, because I tell you this is true story for you, or else is gone forever. No which side, which side.

GrMs
08-26-2003, 05:42 AM
To SiJiHao,

Is it your Si Fu not want you know he Si Gung still living? Why not?
Which Sifu do you mean. Do you know my Sifu. I don't think so?

You must thank me, because I tell you this is true story for you, or else is gone forever.
Thank you, but I have heard different stories. And I just belief the things that were told me within my group. But I am open to other opinions, though they may be in conflict with the stories that I have been told.

Peace.

SiJiHao
08-27-2003, 02:25 AM
GrMs,
You and Rob Wolf the same one.
Leave your own Si Fu, back follow this one is leave hih own living Si Gung, with such talking. This such shamed the honor. Really Sau Ga.

Rob Wolf
08-27-2003, 05:03 PM
siji,
You really are completley shameless. Do you even know who you are talking about?? Do you even consider anyone before you push send?
Idiots like you will always keep a mess for themselves to lie in.
You can email me at sifulopez@hotmail.com if you have any valid points, as so far you are just trying to **** people off and start trouble.
It seems trolls like you can take any information we share, or annoucements we post and stir the ****e till it stinks.
Do us all a favor and crawl back under the rock you came out from under and go back to bed with daifong or whoever tickles your twisted fancy, these post are making all look like children. How about posting something significant about Hung gar?? Maybe a comparative study, Or a history lecture??
I guess that would be asking to much from a small child like siji.
Rob

SiJiHao
08-27-2003, 09:38 PM
You sharing such information announcement only the propagandists intentions, pretends you polite then is take advantage peoples trusts you.
example such enen invents for you self such GrMs name is only using for agree you say what, be cause Already knows no others will.

Rob Wolf
08-27-2003, 11:06 PM
siji,
Very thought provoking indeed!!! Your so clever siji!!
Your post's are always so informative, I dont know what we would do without your rare classic approach to this amazing Hung gar we all love and cherish so much!!!!!

So much for ever trying to be " one happy family" you really should be ashamed of yourself "sissy" siji........................

brothernumber9
08-28-2003, 06:32 AM
Sijihao,

are you saying that Sifu Wong Sai Wing is still alive?

GrMs
08-28-2003, 07:28 AM
SiJiHao,

Just to let you know. Firstly, my Sifu died several years ago, and secondly, I am not acquainted with Rob Wolf in anyway.

I told you I'm openminded, and will stay that way.

Peace.

SiJiHao
08-28-2003, 08:54 AM
Brothernumber9,

You practicing Hung Ga style?
Chiu Kau back follow 3 Si fu , Wong Sai Wing, Dung Hinchoy ok Lam Jo is most who teach him every. You know who is Lam Jo? Lam Jo Still living today, you like meet is no problem, still teach you. only is Chiu Chi Ling really not want you knowthis one, so jealousing I explain you, now making too many troubles on heself.
easy can see youself, this Lam Jo the Gung Fu he teach follow you every single. Chiu chi Ling show you the different just is learn wrong, or forget, no this Lam sai Wing Wong Fay Hung talking talking talking.
Also is not teach the HongKong movie star worths talking such. That should say Hung Kuen Lau Ga Leung teach every is teel the truth you.
more is give if those cares reading such asking to me.

Buddy
08-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Actually Lee Yatming Sifu was originally Lam Sai Wing's student. We had in our Boston kwoon Lam's picture and a very colorful banner (which names escapes me). We were the only one of the three Hung Gar schools to have it. Master Lee also called Lam Jo his teacher as I recall.
Buddy

illusionfist
08-28-2003, 01:43 PM
I find it funny that SiJiHao plays the "me no speaky english" routine yet he'll come up with words like "propagandists."

*cough* Daifong *cough*

SiJiHao
08-28-2003, 03:26 PM
Yes, is such propagandists, you know? always the talking such if the other not speaks. reason such guys talks my English is have nothing better answeriing me.
Lee Yat ming have respect the elders, the good man.

Golden Arms
08-28-2003, 03:55 PM
Hey Illusionfist and company...why didnt we all figure this out sooner...Lam Jo just taught EVERYONE that is still alive and is a Hung Gar Sifu. Here I thought people like Wong Lee, Lau Kar Leong, etc could have a lineage that just skips lam jo and goes straight from Lam Sai Wing. Some even come fron Wong Fei Hung but not from Lam Sai Wing at all..but some of the members of this board would have us believe that Lam Jo taught everyone and that we all must not 'really know' Hung Gar because we havent learned under him. Is this turning into the Wing Chun board or what? SiJiHao, I will let you feel my 'fake' Hung Gar forearms, fists, and techniques if I am ever in HK or wherever you are from....or if you end up in Seattle, maybe we can work out and get things squared up. I cant beleive everything I thought I knew is fake! Time to go back to needlepoint, and cross stitch!:rolleyes:

SiJiHao
08-28-2003, 09:19 PM
Lau Ga Leunng is follow the father, Lau Jan. Lau Jan is follow Lam Sai Wing, really. Lau Jan is very like Lam Jo, really is respect. Any time is visit. Dung Fong is follow maybe the Lam Sai Wing, Maybe the Wong Fay Hung, some story little difference, never mind.

GrMs
08-28-2003, 11:24 PM
Lam Jo just taught EVERYONE that is still alive and is a Hung Gar Sifu.

Welcome in this discussion Golden Arms and illisionfist.
I have the idea that SiJiHao is addressing his attacks more to the Chiu Family. He must have a grudge against them.

PEACE.

By the way: Who is Daifong?

Lin Chong
08-29-2003, 01:49 PM
This discussion is a joke!

Most of the guys taking part in this discussion dont have a clue what they are talking about and just repeating what they have been told.

What is the benefit of talking trash, name calling, and blindly sticking ones nose into others private matters/history and worst of all putting down/talking about people you have most probably never met before.

What gives you the right to put down people who have worked hard for decades and dedicated their life to the promotion and advancement of the style and turned into what it is today.
Have some respect.

What makes you think what you say is right and others wrong? ..if it is about history where you there? If you claim what you say is a fact .. can you prove it?.. have you througly researched the mater , collected information and gathered evidence and heard all different accounts of the issue.?

If your concern is for the style/system you are studying/practicing then concentrate on your training. Practice hard, improve our skill. Hung gar has survived and come this far as one of the most highly respected styles of kung fu because of people who dedicated time and effort. Without good students/practitioners how far do you thing Hung Gar would go......

illusionfist
08-29-2003, 03:28 PM
Lin Chong,

Although some of the posts can get a little heated and even outright childish, that still doesn't change the fact that somebody's reputation is being trampled on. The very people that have done nothing but properly propagate the art are getting their names drug in the dirt just because others want to elevate themselves in generation and notoriety.

There are plenty of people (myself included) who have done the research and have gone at great lengths to make sure they have enough information from which to base their opinions on. There are those of us who have collected info across generations and across different lineages just so that we can have a multiple perspective view on whats going. This is all done so that we may have a clearer view of the big picture and not just ONE lineages take on what happened. What is important is the entire history of our art and not just one view. So not all of us are just blindly following what our sifu's told us.

Practicing the art alone will not save its history. It is very clear that on many matters history is being rewritten and if you just turn a blind eye to it, in a few generations the history will be lost. This is evident even during our generation when we still have to work through all the crap that Shaw Bros caused and people added that to their history.

Peace :D

swordshadow
08-30-2003, 05:50 AM
I agree with your words Illusionfist, but you know too that – over the last years - practitioners are trying to qualify their particular lineage as unique/ special. In my opinion they forget that “The tree have many twigs and even more flowers”. There are really many beautiful flowers on the Hong Quan tree, I was able to observe several of them. We must understand that the total presentation of the tree is much nicer then the individual twig/ flower. To stay in the arts; there is a saying in Chinese Herbology; “you need more ingredients to balance and strengthening a recipes”.

bean curd
08-30-2003, 06:49 PM
sijihao,

you have active time to do such things, i do not. i read this thred now on logo. we have three things you playing with , logo, alumni book, photo's.

all from one source, all one voice. yet you not bring up times during 30's even to 50's. we could talk of early times than these also. but what is point to such discussion. why you bring up such things. what is your purpose.

if you wish repond i only do on alumi thread, no time for others. but what you say is shame on your part. bring up so many names as if know such things like lau chan, hon chun, wong li, chiu kau.

terrible voice you have - believe what you wish, why bring it to others. write in english what they want, write in chinese what they want, but who write in english such things does not say the same in chinese, because truth already known. i refer to no family mention above, i have not said name, be clear on this