PDA

View Full Version : wonder if anyone can help :)

dezhen2001
07-19-2003, 07:33 AM
In our school we learn a northern system that i have not seen anywhere else. I dont know much about it apart from some jiben gong and the names of the different forms.

As far as i know it can be traced as far back as peking opera actor called Wang Ping, sometime in the 40's/50's in beijing. Before that i am not sure.

Some of the forms are:

Qing Yan Quan (green swallow fist)
Er Lang Quan ("er lang shen" the 3 eyed immortal fist)
Da Bei Gong (Great Sadness gong)

Also some others i forget. There are such weapons as "Green dragon Jian" and a few others.

Just wondered if anyone had heard of these? :)

dawood

dezhen2001
07-19-2003, 06:04 PM
dam... 17 views and not one post :D
guess i must have a "rare" system lol

dawood

buddhapalm
07-19-2003, 09:49 PM
Dear dezhen2001,
Interesting post.

My Sigung was also called Tse (Dea Bak Do). He taught my Sifu a unique Northern Shaolin system which I am trying to trace. He probably learnt in the 1920's to 1930's in Canton.

In our system we have Erlang Shen Quan as one of our forms. It starts by raising the left hook hand in front while standing on one leg. Twist 90 degrees to left and execute right palm forward and kick with left foot at same time. Jump into low crouching stance left hand blocks low and right punch................

Sound similar at all.

We also have Wusong Breaks Chains, Dai Pang Quan, Wind Demon Fist, Eight Door Pole etc.

I am interested in your version, your lineage and your list of forms. Please let me know more about it if possible.

Cheers

Buddhapalm

teleka@pacbell.net

dezhen2001
07-20-2003, 04:40 AM
hi buddhapalm :)

My sigung is called Michael Tse and is actually in his early 40s :) So im not sure if there is a connection at all... i dont personally know the form but will email you anyway.

dawood