PDA

View Full Version : OT: Awesome tournament!

Merryprankster
07-19-2003, 03:34 PM
Brad Souders promised us a friendly tournament with a ton of matches and that's exactly what we got! I entered two divisions today and think I got 9 or 10 matches. GREAT STUFF!

I want to highly recommend these BJJ tournaments - www.kwrating.com

Might be org...

Anyway, just awesome people, and good training. I felt more like I was at open mat than a tournament...check your ego at the door because Brad and Eric will have none of it!

Anybody who wants to come find out what BJJ/sub grappling is about, this is a great intro.

James

Oso
07-19-2003, 09:54 PM
MP, I must have missed something. That link was to Karate World and I couldn't find anything on the page about BJJ/sub grappling at all.

Brad Souders
07-19-2003, 11:25 PM
All i can about that tourney waz one word. WOW!! That's the most fun i've had at a tourney probably ever. For grapplers having the biggest egos in the world anyone claiming this statement would be in awe. U could tell on everyone's part it was more of an honor to roll with the person than anything else.

James all i can say to you is a personal thanks from Eric and I for steppin in and doing the referee job for us. This keep me free to do whatever it is i seem to do. The guys u brought today looked tight. So i send a special thanks to you for the help.

These tournments are not huge in size but huge in pride. Everyone there is there to help out not only their teammates but each other. It's not about winning or losing but steppin back and lookin at the sport and saying **** this is really fun. One thing i will not tolerate much of is ego. If u show me bad ass ego i show u mine but politely refunding your money and showing you the door. That's how it worls because it disrespects the arts as a whole.

As far as matches well i'm buzzed right now so i'm not to sore LOL. I had about 6 matches with my lightest opponent being around 190. Except for that **** kid and his armbar LOL. I had fun competing but more fun seeing everyone from Purples to Whites eating up the atmosphere. When i arrived at 10:15 no one was there but a small group. 7 more turned out and i decided to say the hell with it and run an all out open division gi and no-gi with no limits on "belt" level mattering in the matches. What we had was about 12 or so competitors havin a hell of alot of matches and a heck alot of fun.

All i can say is thanxs from the bottom of my heart to all that was there and people don't know what they missed.

Later, Brad

p.s James i promise i'll try like hell to get Nicole competition.

shaolin kungfu
07-19-2003, 11:44 PM
Sounds fun.:)