PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow body and SLT

Phenix
07-20-2003, 12:29 PM
When one is doing one's SLT.
Try the Rainbow body visualization.
Make believe that the body is weightless, no string or muscle attaching, it is similar to made by Rainbow.
Forget about rooting, forget about any idea of prolonging breathing or keep elbow to the centerline, or keep knees to the ceterline, or if this is right or wrong thought.

Just do it make believe one has already have a rainbow like illusive body, everything just flow effortlessly.. there is only one time zone in the mind --- which is now, live in this instant, and focus on what one is doing .... Try it and see how you feel.

" when one lives in multiple time zone in the sametime, that is the un mindfullness." ---Matrix

yuanfen
07-20-2003, 02:03 PM
Hendrik-I have a response in the third hand thread.
One has to use the boat before putting it aside.

Phenix
07-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by yuanfen
Hendrik-I have a response in the third hand thread.
One has to use the boat before putting it aside.

Joy,

There are short cut. we don't need to get all the basic perfect but seem can directly go to these. imho. alignt all the chakras there is where the rainbow from.....

i can be wrong. but if i right, then lots of time will be save.

AndrewP
07-20-2003, 06:34 PM
Ok, don't know anything about this rainbow thing. Please explain.

old jong
07-20-2003, 07:42 PM
We should not confuse that with the rainbow flag. ;)

yuanfen
07-20-2003, 08:07 PM
Andrew P-

What-

Hendrik IMO is talking about is that with the right alignment and energy path and the developed intent (yee)- one can cut through the world of structural development.

I disgree with him in part.

1. I agree that when sufficient control of the flow of energy
takes place- self dfense can be just reflexive.

2. I disagree that it can be as easily achieved as apparently he seems to think. The bewilderment and cynicism that sometimes erupts on the list with some of Hendrik's post seems to conform my point. IMO one first has to develop structure without tensing
before moving away from structure when needed.
There is IMO a bit of the old debate in this on quick versus gradual enlightenment.The fundamentals can come in handy even to advanced practitioners-because anything can happen.

yylee
07-21-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by yuanfen
Hendrik IMO is talking about is that with the right alignment and energy path and the developed intent (yee)- one can cut through the world of structural development.

Joy

the way I see his rainbow idea is that it is the no-tension state structure. Structure is still there but no tense muscle in the body is "confirming" to the mind that "Ah, it is my structure now". The trouble is, all the time we are trying to consciously align the body, sink here drop there; try to chase some rooting or firm feeling. However, when structure is at its best, there shouldn't be any feeling! Even when someone is giving you pressure. In a sense we are trying to chase a feeling that isn't really there.

IMHO the key is to let it go and let the body finds the optimal alignment, through some intent of course. May be some visualization helps, but the first step to let go is the hardest. To convince the mind about this is not easy, using muscle is often easier to live with.

still speaking from the left side of my brain :(

S.Teebas
07-21-2003, 12:29 AM
imho. alignt all the chakras there is where the rainbow from.....

Agreed. Focus on yourself... cant control someone else till you can control yourself.

Phenix
07-21-2003, 09:11 AM
Joy,

You have good points and true for some cases.

Put a home feed eagle in the Yosemiti National park. at first it will hate me because suddently no food, no pampet (sp), no way out because there is no cage.

But then, once it flap its wing and against the adversity wind.. and fly high... boy how vast is the world from up there? when the vision change the old world melt down and it will not be able to live in a cage anymore.... cage or Yosemeti National park?

I understand you will think oh if the eagle is not strong enough, it might die. sure a good point, I agree with that.

YY,

You inteprete me pretty well.

as in Taiji classic, lets borrow it, it says something like, --- if there is qi then no force, without qi then as pure as steel.

once one sense a "power" in certain part of the body, even the Jarn Dei (under elbow) or sink elbow. the body has become structurely broken. into partial, so to sustain that partial tension, one either stop breathing or not syncronous with the breathing just to sustain that part of the body. As said in Wang Xiang-Chai's Yee Chuan classic, "when one take a breath and stagnated it .. before the action starts... it was damage one's body and natural flow... "
certainly, one can argue about why am I not broken but feelin great? A punch is ultimate a punch. .. great reasons. However, if a punch ultimate is a punch and has nothing to do with body and mind, then I might as well buy a gun. Why do I want to learn something which will harm my body before I use it. IMHO

[Censored]
07-21-2003, 11:09 AM
The classics also say that you may incur Heaven's wrath by showing the great vehicle to those with lesser facilities! LOL, good thing we are not superstitious folk. :D

Phenix
07-21-2003, 07:57 PM
and a punch is never a punch in the real life.

Since world is impermenant and based on emptiness which give raise to all things.

If one think a punch is ultimately a punch then one hold to permenant believe. That is the source of suffering and stagnation.
Because the reality is emptiness thus, things will transform freely.

Hold permenant to a horse stance structure in mind and body, then when the shooter or wresler attact ,
the last thing one knows is one is falling......

Hold to a empty rainbow body, and it is ok whatever others uses... empty is change ready. permenant and solid is ready for destroy when others come with anything un expected.

Well, I might be nuts, But the teaching of buddhism can be summarized into two keys. The compassionate and the emptiness. Compassionate thus be able to care for others.
Emptiness thus be able to not hold everything permenant and let it naturally change as needed. Without Kuen Kuit and old sutras how will one see all these different view?

A punch is not a punch because no one can breath the same air twice.

Just some wacky opinion. :D

Ernie
07-21-2003, 09:08 PM
[[Hold permenant to a horse stance structure in mind and body, then when the shooter or wresler attact ,

Hold to a empty rainbow body, and it is ok whatever others uses... empty is change ready. permenant and solid is ready for destroy when others come with anything un expected.]]

in plain english when it is time to change . change
don't be stubborn

simply flow

TjD
07-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Phenix
and a punch is never a punch in the real life.

Since world is impermenant and based on emptiness which give raise to all things.

If one think a punch is ultimately a punch then one hold to permenant believe. That is the source of suffering and stagnation.
Because the reality is emptiness thus, things will transform freely.

Hold permenant to a horse stance structure in mind and body, then when the shooter or wresler attact ,

Hold to a empty rainbow body, and it is ok whatever others uses... empty is change ready. permenant and solid is ready for destroy when others come with anything un expected.

Well, I might be nuts, But the teaching of buddhism can be summarized into two keys. The compassionate and the emptiness. Compassionate thus be able to care for others.
Emptiness thus be able to not hold everything permenant and let it naturally change as needed. Without Kuen Kuit and old sutras how will one see all these different view?

A punch is not a punch because no one can breath the same air twice.

Just some wacky opinion. :D

well said :)

once someone starts to worry, or think about this and that, they are already at a disadvantage. they try to do what they think should be done, instead of what should be done. sticking with an empty mind allows adaptation to suit the situation the best - its the best sensitivity of all :D

however, one must have a deep understanding of WCK before this works. if you are empty and ready for response - it does not mean you know which response is correct or how to elicit that response. so focus on the essentials is required to reach this point.

are you familiar with the buddhist term 'stream-entry'? i think WCK has its own version. once you "get it" (enter that stream) your WC starts to flow naturally, and emptiness can be assumed because you know how to respond at a deep level where you can provide responses while retaining the emptiness.

yuanfen
07-22-2003, 06:34 AM
The idea of motion with minimal tension and developing the ability to "see" and act in an instant is at the core of wing chun.
In his own way Hendrik is pointing that out. Where I differ with him- is on the developmental process- I emphasize- more than he has atleast expressed -is the necessity of "sculpting" the structure-
the bone and joint alignments. eye-hand- feet coordination
in order to have a wing chun approach.

An eagle with plucked feathers cannot fly in Yosemite or anywhere else- to comment within Hendrik's analogy.

If structural shaping is not attended to--old pre wing chun habits or new bad habits can easily develop.

BTW- regarding a huge miscommunication on the list--- wing chun is NOT the only way to fight- but if the wing chun way is chosen-
the system has its fairly exacting external and internal requirements, IMO-of course.

Phenix
07-22-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by TjD

are you familiar with the buddhist term 'stream-entry'? i think WCK has its own version. once you "get it" (enter that stream) your WC starts to flow naturally, and emptiness can be assumed because you know how to respond at a deep level where you can provide responses while retaining the emptiness.

IMHO,

Enter the stream of sage means not following the thoughts or Niem Tau, but identify the source of Niem Tau ( or thought )which is an illusion raises from emptiness which we have the power to choose not to follow it.

Next time when you get mad try this. instead of continous on the though stream observe where the mad though arise. first by taking a deep diaphramatic breath to "center both body and mind". then observe. then center again... when one reach clarity then one is free from following the thought blindly. asked "who stop one from not to continous of the heat of anger?"

Niem Tau or Though is a though. Nothing big or small. Niem Tau arise and fade away naturally.

We prolong the sensation of good, bad, anger, hate, passion... by evoking another thought or nim tau. Thus, the continous of the discreet associate thought becomes a stream of thoughts. And, we belive it is "real" then we take action. If we spot the "thought" and knows it illusive then we have the power to stop it because if we don't want to continous on no one can force us to do so.

When one enter the stream then one forgot about WCK.
Thus, one will beable to cope with wrestler, Muay thai..... and style future to come.

Try to face the unknown. There to see if one has enter the stream or not. Theory is easy. Practice is a very different stories, in my experience.

This also bring up an issue. Since the core of power or the magic of Buddhism landed on emptiness. IMHO, there is no reason for the advance art of Shao LIn to fomulate rigidly.

If Chan is emptiness then what is permenant? There is no need to defeat Qing with the best advance killing art. Because, Qing shall passed and samsara shall passed. And so does WCK shall passed somedays. Thus, IMHO, I believe, the ultimate goal of WCK is achieving Emptiness as in Emei 12 Zhuang training for the Esoteric Buddhism. Only when one reach Emptiness one's art will be advance and superior. But then the contradiction is when one achive Emptiness one has no longer cling to a self. So, who is superior and who is advance?

It is said that and was recorded in Tibetian Buddism history when advance buddhist cultivator passed away, some be able to turn into rainbow body and disolve the physical body. Since Rainbow body is a nature we all have. Why settle for the rigid stucture,... rigid kiu sau... rigid what needs to be right body?

A punch is not a punch ultimately because if one can have rainbow why should one settle just for a punch which other will be able to block? since a punch is ultimately a punch a block is ultimately a block. The rest is to compete who is faster and stronger. But we all age --- power and speed degrade with aging....