PDA

View Full Version : i have no gong lik (forward energy)

foolinthedeck
07-20-2003, 05:04 PM
my sihing tells me so,

why should this be? i emphasise relaxation TOO much?

how bad is this? i never really thought about it...

i dont practise SLT as much as i could, but i have been doing so for over ten years and i can handle most people in chi sau that i come across (only teachers and very high level students cause me major probs)

maybe i do have it after all, but lets just say i dont. your thoughts ladies and gentlemen of the jury?

foolinthedeck
07-20-2003, 05:16 PM
ok so sihing richards said that i dont have NONE, but i dont have enough. i dont care so much because i still cut the cake, but maybe u still have ravenous opinions on having not very much gong lik or not really caring about it. <:>

Alpha Dog
07-20-2003, 05:47 PM
I think you care a lot about these things you claim not to care much about.

S.Teebas
07-21-2003, 06:54 AM
Sounds like you need to work on structure, and body linking...then projecting at a target. SNT!
(WARNING: This can be boaring - sparing is probably more fun for most) :eek:

Martin Foot
07-21-2003, 09:46 AM
Sounds like you haven't found your center of gravity yet.
Where do you train & who is your Sifu?

PaulH
07-21-2003, 10:01 AM
Guilty as charged! Sihing never lies! Ha! Ha!

dezhen2001
07-21-2003, 10:49 AM
some people really like to press forward and really go for the centre all the time, others dont but the energy is still there to be used when needed. Some people are aggressive and dominating, others just relax and give when they meet force. At least thats what ive noticed touching hands with many people. Im sure with you its the same?

dawood

foolinthedeck
07-21-2003, 05:33 PM
yeah i care so much that i post about it... that shows nothing just thought it would be an interesting statement.

i'm all for anerlichs position of working on your biggest weakness until something else is, but i really dont care so much that i'm going to try to find my gravity or align my structure... it could also just be what dawood said, and any time searching outside myself would be counter productive.

but thanks for the opinions, its revealing when i say i have no gong lik what people think is the reason for this. tells me alot about your wing chun, probably more than it tells me about my own.

Alpha Dog
07-21-2003, 06:03 PM
No, it shows a lot.

Jook Lum
07-21-2003, 08:59 PM
Hello Foolinthedeck!To be honest it sounds like the problem is your poor attitude!

foolinthedeck
07-22-2003, 04:07 AM
ptl...
whatever! thanks for posting

hunt1
07-22-2003, 06:51 AM
To much or too little forward energy isnt really the issue. To little compared to whom for example. The real question is how little energy do you need to use to maintain your position vs your opponent. If someone knows how to absorb energy then giving lots of forward is the last thing you want to do. If someone has poor stance,lower body mechanics then use forward to blow them out of the water. So dont worry about to much or not enough. The key is being able to absorb the stronger force and move the weaker force.

Phenix
07-22-2003, 01:58 PM
This is not difficult to solve. :D

PaulH
07-22-2003, 02:21 PM
Hendrix,

What if there is no place of tension for you to find? What then?

Regards,

Phenix
07-22-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by PaulH
Hendrix,

What if there is no place of tension for you to find? What then?

Regards,

Remember the third hand? touch in one direction then issuing in the other direction. draw on the surface of the water to bait the fish. can be done within a single touch. the advance taiji (small circle and above) .......all can do these.

if totally no reaction, then do wck san fransisco style (joy knows):D just don't get sue as sexual harasment when you chi sau with hsu chi. :D kiss her direct!

yy, that is in the kuen kuit of Yee Chuan. beating other similar to kissing. his patten. Wang's

yylee
07-22-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Phenix

yy, that is in the kuen kuit of Yee Chuan. beating other similar to kissing. his patten. Wang's

what!? I thought its "beating other similar to hanging a picture on the wall"? Oh, it must be Hsu Chi's picture, ok.. ok... I get it :)

captain
07-23-2003, 03:16 AM
you have no "gong lik"!are you serious,guy?get real.its just wing chun.oh,help me,i am ridden with angst,and a such can not apply
chi to me ki!for crying out loud,that's the worst new age thread ive ever read.

russ

foolinthedeck
07-23-2003, 03:43 AM
the worst new age thread u ever read??
thanks, i take that as a compliment!!

PaulH
07-23-2003, 08:58 AM
Hendrix,

You know some new and wonderful toys here. What I would do to bait the fish is to inflict pain first and attack his mindfulness or immediate tension on that pain. What you say sounds like the ability to issue forces in multi directions at once. Where can I find this idea in WC forms and how do you train this skill?

On the other hand, I see the possibility of the spiral and linear force issued at the same time. What you say is more like two linear forces in different directions. Can this be done with a single touch?

Regards,

Phenix
07-23-2003, 11:11 AM
Hendrix,

You know some new and wonderful toys here. What I would do to bait the fish is to inflict pain first and attack his mindfulness or immediate tension on that pain. What you say sounds like the ability to issue forces in multi directions at once. Where can I find this idea in WC forms and how do you train this skill?

On the other hand, I see the possibility of the spiral and linear force issued at the same time. What you say is more like two linear forces in different directions. Can this be done with a single touch?

Regards,

Say, as an example,
In the begining of Yik Kam SLT we do those so called Biu Jee horizontally similar to the Biu Jee in the begining of Biu Jee set. So some Just keep biu and exercise the wrist, some do it different ly.

People don't like to hear about Medirian. well, there are 12 medirians. so there are at least 6 different directions or 4 shorts can be fired sequecially under the palm. Well, Emei 12 Zhuang has 36 Jing technics... one can choose...

See, a biu is not ultimately a biu but it is a biu. there is no True linear force. everything is a little curvature in the universe.:D

PaulH
07-23-2003, 12:21 PM
Well, I only know a little of the fingers and wrist energy from the biu hand. I'm sure that you can explain them from the 12 meridian routes. I guess one of these days you have to educate me more on this golden topic. We live in the same golden state of California, right?

Regards,

Phenix
07-23-2003, 07:15 PM
Well, I only know a little of the fingers and wrist energy from the biu hand. I'm sure that you can explain them from the 12 meridian routes. I guess one of these days you have to educate me more on this golden topic. We live in the same golden state of California, right?

Regards,

California where the sun rise. hahaha

what is your email?

PaulH
07-23-2003, 11:57 PM
Well, I had a little chat with a WC brother. He straighten me out real quick on this confusion. Yes, it is the 3rd hand idea though we just think of it as changing power points.

Here is my email: PaulH@superbainc.com
Can you keep this private just between us? Hate to receive more weird e-mails than what I will have every single morning. Ha! Ha!

Regards,

Phenix
07-24-2003, 07:22 AM
Pual,

Thanks.

PaulH
07-24-2003, 08:37 AM
Hendrix,

Thanks for the info. If you ever swing by Los Angeles, let me know. I'm sure many Los Angelenos WCers would love to meet you as well. With respect to internal side of WC, I saw a few of very powerful internal explosions, and from what I gather it's just a mind trigger thing. Perhaps your internal WC knowledge can fill more my gaps of understanding on this topic.

Regards,

Phenix
07-24-2003, 08:57 AM
Paul,

Thanks.

Actually, I rather to look at things as "wholesome". then internal....

PaulH
07-24-2003, 09:02 AM
Very true! You can't have one without the other. Wholesome it is.

Regards,