PDA

View Full Version : Mai Gei Wong WCK mpeg of form

black and blue
07-21-2003, 06:39 AM
This footage was new to me!

http://www.mgwwc.com/media/demo.MPG

Interesting clip of Mai Gei Wong Wing Chun... also a bl**dy huge clip (25 megs)!

I believe this lineage of Wing Chun is a little more in line with Sum Nung Wing Chun, rather than Yip Man Wing Chun... but very interesting. (Rene almost certainly knows more on this than me :) , and probably knows the form too)

If you're not playing with a fast connection, don't even attempt to download - you'll be online all day :D

Enjoy!

joy chaudhuri
07-21-2003, 09:05 AM
Could be gu lao/ but it is wing chun and its a good demo.
Thanks for sharing.
joy

Geezer
07-21-2003, 10:07 AM
Mai Gei Wongˇ± Wing Chun is derived from the nickname of 9th generation Wing Chun Master Wong Wu Fan, from Guangzhou, China. ˇ°Mai Gei Wongˇ± graduated from the Commerce Department of Zhong Shan University after the liberation of China. Influenced by his father he studied the ˇ° Southern 13 stylesˇ± for over 10 years. Then he met 8th generation Wing Chun master Wong Jing who Mai Gei Wong followed for the next 7 years. Mai Gei Wong never lost a fight in over 300 matches. Mai Gei Wong passed on his knowledge of Wing Chun to his eldest son Wong NimYi who has become a 10th generation Wing Chun master. Wong ( Nim Yi) Sifu began his Wing Chun training at about the age of 4

reneritchie
07-21-2003, 10:22 AM
I only manage to get about 5megs or so before the connection cuts out, but the first demo is different than what I've seen before. It's not at all (choreographically) like SNWCK, and not like the MGW To Lo I've seen before. Maybe Ivan can clarify.

YiWan
07-21-2003, 04:33 PM
Hi
this is "Sap Yee Lo" - twelve techniques - performed by my sidai Omar (in Namhoi, 2001) from Malta (at this time i think two months practice), currently living in Guangzhou, China. "Sap Yee Lo" is the basic practice for beginers in Mai Gei Wong Wing Chun (more here : http://www.wing-chun.cz/en/vyuka.en.html )
bye
YiWan

seafood1397
08-08-2003, 02:53 AM
interesting. looks lose and full of holes. is it a firm base like siu nim tau?

teazer
08-08-2003, 09:14 AM
Anyone ever manage to download the whole thing? I too only got the first 5+Megs

burnsypoo
08-08-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by teazer
Anyone ever manage to download the whole thing? I too only got the first 5+Megs

yup, got the whole thing. One guy going through the routine slowly and methodically. Then someone who seems to have been training much longer comes out and rips through it. The second demonstrator is smaller framed, has some snappy hips that guy. There seems to be a lot of Kwai-Sat type stuff going on in the beginning, I wonder if this element is stressed a lot in their system.
Neat video.

black and blue
08-11-2003, 01:19 AM
It took three attempts to get the whole thing, but was well worth the wait. I'm sure the second guy demo'ing is a real handful!

Will try and get myself to Praha later this year to meet the fellas!

8StalksOfRice
08-12-2003, 09:40 PM
I also have MGW's 4 video CDs and seen all of it.
All I can say is it more soft and flowing than much Wing Chun I've seen. I'm always exploring other wing chun branches and when I came upon Pan Nam I was impressed with its soft flowing movements and then GuangZhou MGW looks even better or at least IMO demonstrated better. Some of the movements in the forms are much more circular and efficient than the more linear Yip Man derivatives but thats just my opinion.