PDA

View Full Version : Go Spidey!

PHILBERT
07-21-2003, 10:57 PM
This would be so much cooler if we could post images, way cooler than IronFist's thread (http://www.rit.edu/~bjj4494/spider2.jpg)

quiet man
07-22-2003, 12:37 AM
I wouldn't want to grapple with Doc Ock.

Kristoffer
07-22-2003, 06:56 AM
:eek: :eek:
!!! *drool* !!!

CAN'T WAIT!

Is there any news at aintitcool? Gotta check..

GreyMystik
07-22-2003, 07:19 AM
is that a homegrown or the actual poster?

MasterKiller
07-22-2003, 07:24 AM
actual poster from ComicCon (or something), I believe. It was on CNN this morning as well.

anton
07-22-2003, 07:50 AM
It's on the official spiderman 2 sony website... can't be fcuked looking up the url...

Kristoffer
07-22-2003, 08:23 AM
Can't beleive those ****ing GEEKS have the nerve to ***** about his ****ing TRENCH-COAT! "it should be white not black! weeeeeee!"

:mad:

PUNY GEEKS!

PHILBERT
07-22-2003, 10:03 AM
And the Green Goblin in the comic books wore a green rubber suit like Spider-Man does, and had purple clothes covering it, but I don't see too many complaining when he wore armor in the movie.

@PLUGO
07-22-2003, 12:08 PM
I'm pretty psyched about Albert Molina playing the role...

still Doc OC looks very Matrix though... Tench coat and all...
And Yeah a LAB coat would've been cool.

Kristoffer
07-22-2003, 01:38 PM
Nerd ;)

I don't think he looks 'matrix' at all. Sunglasses? From the comics. Those arms? They looked liked that alot longer than matrix has been around. And why ***** about his ****ING coat? In the comics he usually wears GREEN/ORANGE spandex that would make even Prince ill. A movie is not the same thing as a comic, it's impossible to compare. So for those who actually does try are bound to 'tailor' the concepts/story/charactors so it will fit to the screen. I for one is thrilled, I can't wait for it to come out.

@PLUGO
07-22-2003, 05:01 PM
In the comic he wore a Green & Orange "radiation suit."

The "sunglasses" where more like goggles...

remember, his whole thing was about using those tenticles to handle radioactive material from a distance...

Not that I think the charactor design is bad at all. I too am very excited about it and think the design in the Spiderman movie had the BEST translation from comic to film.

But c'mon...

Not even mentioning the similarity of the tenticles in that poster to that of the "sentinals" in THE MATRIX...

Dark Sun glasses

Dark Trenchcoat

Overall "green" tone

what does that sound like to you?

PHILBERT
07-22-2003, 08:24 PM
The color of the poster looks like the first Spider-Man poster.

Chang Style Novice
07-23-2003, 12:28 PM
The Alfred Molina picture I'm looking forward to is "The Remains of the Piano" written and directed by Eric Idle. Oh, yeah! They're going to disassemble the uppercrust british costume drama! WOOHOO!

MasterKiller
07-23-2003, 12:33 PM
At least they didn't give him that stupid chili-bowl haircut.

Chang Style Novice
07-23-2003, 12:44 PM
I didn't care much for the first film (and I'm a Sam Raimi fan) but I gotta give credit where it's due. Even worse than the chilibowl haircut would have been making Vulture the villain. Remember how much Danny De Vito sucked as The Penguin? Leave the bird-themed villains alone!

MasterKiller
07-23-2003, 12:51 PM
The Penguin (and Batman II for that matter) sucked because of Tim Burton's influence. For the life of me, I don't understand why they let that man direct movies.

PHILBERT
07-23-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
The Penguin (and Batman II for that matter) sucked because of Tim Burton's influence. For the life of me, I don't understand why they let that man direct movies.

I take it Joel Schumacher directing Batman and Robin (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0118688) was better?

Sorry, but the first Batman was where it is at. Batman Forever was alright, but too much neon paint for my taste. They had a good thing going in Batman Forever and it wasn't exploited enough. Batman Returns was not that great.

Kristoffer
07-23-2003, 02:30 PM
talkin of Batman....
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15693

this should be a WHOLE movie n not just some short movie :(

PHILBERT
07-23-2003, 02:59 PM
Im downloading it from The Force.net under the fan films section.

http://www.theforce.net/theater/shortfilms/batman_deadend/

44 megs

Kristoffer
07-23-2003, 03:07 PM
Thanx for hookin me up with the link

@PLUGO
07-23-2003, 03:27 PM
Yeah... that was pretty rockin'...Download (http://download.theforce.net/theater/batman-deadend/Batman_Dead_End.mov)

PHILBERT
07-23-2003, 03:42 PM
I thought it sucked. Sorry, but tossing in the Alien and Predator was a no no. Would have been better if it had been just Batman and Joker.

Kristoffer
07-23-2003, 03:44 PM
Very disapointing :( Good start though. This is atleast better than the real movies (except first two)

Chang Style Novice
07-23-2003, 03:57 PM
I haven't liked any of the Batman movies (I haven't seen the short that's been going around, mostly because I've stopped caring.)

The problem is definitely with the directors and the scripts. Burton is pretty terrible, Shumacher is absolutely awful. Making the Joker the man who murdered Bruce Wayne's parents takes a great wierd idea and makes it dull, the Penguin is a loser villain from the git go, and although Tommy Lee Jones is brilliant, Jim Carrey should be encased in lead and sunk into a salt mine. Jack Nicholson is of course, made of ham (although he didn't used to be.)

My conclusion - the only good Batman stories are in the comic books, and even there they form a tiny minority of what's available.

PHILBERT
07-23-2003, 06:47 PM
I thought Tommy Lee Jones over acted as 2 Face. He did a good job, but he took it too far. The Riddler came off more comical than diabolical. I thought the Joker was great, other than the "I killed your parents". Sure he was a little porky, but he took the character and adapted him well.

The video in there was very good, I liked how they got the good costumes for the Alien and Predator, its just THEY DO NOT BELONG IN THAT VIDEO. Batman didn't come off as tough as normal, he kept moaning when fighting the Predator. Ok sure if you and I got hit by one of those things we wouldn't get up, but Batman doesn't come off as the type to go "Nnnnggghhh" every time he gets hit. Occasionally yes, but this guy kept doing it.

Chang Style Novice
07-23-2003, 09:26 PM
Jeez, you mean that Alien and Predator talk upthread was serious? Weak, dude. I can't think of a more boring take on Batman than "yeah, but could he beat up (insert imaginary badass here)?"

And yes, Tommy Lee Jones overacted ridiculously as Two-Face. Everyone overacted ridiculously in the Batman movies. That's one of the main problems with them. I said he's brilliant because of his other work. No one has ever done brilliant work in these pictures, although I agree that Nicholson came closest. Maybe Keaton ties him, but both of them (and any other good actor trapped in one of these faux-gothic abominations) show their real acting chops elsewhere.

quiet man
07-24-2003, 12:53 AM
No need to hold back, CSN. ;)

Personally, I liked Batman I & II. But then again, I like Tim Burton.

You guys seen "Mystery Men", with Ben Stiller, Geoffrey Rush, William H. Macy and Greg Kinnear?

Kristoffer
07-24-2003, 04:14 AM
This just means that MARVEL kicks DC's zitty behind

Kristoffer
07-24-2003, 05:16 AM
...wich is true

StickyHands
07-24-2003, 06:07 AM
All you are GEEKS, it's Spiderman, shut up and watch it! Nothing can ruin it, not even the concept which they approached to make the new Hulk movie. On another note, I rather grapple with MJ. :D

quiet man
07-24-2003, 06:29 AM
With the real MJ, not Kirsten :rolleyes: Dunst, I'm sure.

Kristoffer
07-24-2003, 06:33 AM
You rather grapple with a drawn piece of paper with some ink on it? (:p )

MasterKiller
07-24-2003, 06:38 AM
Silly rabbits, he wants to grapple with Michael Jackson and lick the spot where his nose used to be.

quiet man
07-24-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Kristoffer
You rather grapple with a drawn piece of paper with some ink on it? (:p )

Strangely enough, when compared to a drawn piece of paper with some ink on it, Kirsten Dunst doesn't look too good. :p
But seriously, I was talking about MJ Watson, and Kirsten looks nothing like her.

LOL MK! :D
Now please excuse me while I regurgitate my food...

Kristoffer
07-24-2003, 06:57 AM
Strangely enough, when compared to a drawn piece of paper with some ink on it, Kirsten Dunst doesn't look too good

Point taken :D

he wants to grapple with Michael Jackson and lick the spot where his nose used to be.

Ugh.. now there's an image :eek:

StickyHands
07-24-2003, 07:52 AM
Since we are talking about Spiderman the movie, of course KD, use your head GEEKS! But, now I know what you guys do in your spare time....

Shaolinlueb
07-24-2003, 09:12 AM
wheres the bowl cut and green outfit? :(

Chang Style Novice
07-24-2003, 10:27 AM
Jack Nicholson's peak performance - tough call, he's done a lot of good stuff. I'll go with "Prizzi's Honor" You guys would like it. He ****s his wife by *****ing a ***** into her ******.

Best I've seen from Michael Keaton is "Clean and Sober" boy, what a downer flick, though.

George Clooney is best in comedy, I think. I love him in "O Brother! Where Art Thou?"

Keaton and Clooney were good together in "Out of Sight", btw.

Tommy Lee Jones is generally wasted in material that's beneath him, but he rocked Utah in "The Executioner's Song."

So, do any of you guys like GOOD movies?

edit - Oh SNAP! I forgot about "Chinatown"! Well, "Prizzi's Honor" is still really good.

Kristoffer
07-24-2003, 01:01 PM
:rolleyes:

MasterKiller
07-24-2003, 01:26 PM
Nicholson....China Town, but his You can't handle the truth speech was pretty darn good in a A Few Good Men.

Micheal Keaton hasn't made a good movie since Mr. Mom.

Clooney is at his best when he's a supporting character. He admits his Batman performances blew because he felt too much pressure to be the "the man."

Tommy Lee Jones has had a few good roles. Coal Miner's Daughter, The Park is Mine....

And, well, Val Kilmer is probably best known as Ice Man in Top Gun, but he did a decent Jim Morrison in The Doors.

Chang Style Novice
07-24-2003, 05:01 PM
I don't think Clooney has a problem carrying a movie. He was definitely the lead in "Out of Sight" although that was pretty close to an ensemble flick. He was also excellent in "Three Kings" which was good enough that I didn't even want to gut Marky Mark with a fishing knife.

And dude, no WAY! Val Kilmer's finest moment was obviously Willow, because it had dragons and swords and goofy hair and big action set-pieces and stuff. That's what makes real movies, not poofy stuff like acting and scripts and plots and thematic depth. :rolleyes: back at Kristoffer.

Surferdude
07-24-2003, 05:54 PM
I think they should make a Fantastic 4 movie next!!!!!:D :p
hahahaha you know how bad that would be!!!

Chang Style Novice
07-24-2003, 06:18 PM
There is a Fantastic Four movie in the works. The imdb page for it says it's due out next year, but they don't have a cast yet, so I doubt it'll be made by then (if ever.) The even worse news is there was also a Fantastic Four movie made about ten years ago, but it was so terrible Marvel refused to release it. It's pretty widely bootlegged though, and my favorite local indie video store has a copy, although I've never had the guts to watch it. It's supposed to be as bad or worse than the Justice League of America TV pilot, which I also technically have access to, but life's too short.

I could go for "Hellboy," though. I like Guillermo Del Toro's style. "Blade II" was about even with the original and I also dug that giant bugs in the NY subways movie he did. Plus, "Hellboy" is a pretty good comic - mostly due to Mignola's art, though, so you've got to wonder if they can get the look to translate. From the advance snapshots I've seen, they do a pretty nice job of it.

Kristoffer
07-25-2003, 06:40 AM
HaHa.. whatever

I've actually seen that Fantastic Four movie. It was hilarious! There's also an old Captain America flic wich is almost as stupid. :D B-movies are classics. you can't deny it.

If they ever get that Iron Man movie in the works I think it could really work on the big screen. **** batman/superman/dc-crap who need that ****

MasterKiller
07-25-2003, 10:15 AM
Best Marky Mark movie is The Big Hit. It should have been marketed as a comedy instead of an action flick, then maybe people would have gone to see it.

Chang Style Novice
07-25-2003, 11:37 AM
I've seen that Captain America movie, myself. Classic is not the word I'd use for it. MST3K ready, more like.

Kristoffer
08-02-2003, 11:48 AM
Mistake = classic

nuff said