PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phones.

dre_doggX
07-22-2003, 01:28 PM
Which Cell phone do you have or are going to get, and whats service do you have it under...hmm what does this have to do with kungfu. I trying to get some opinon on what company to investing (either a manufacture of phones, or a phone service company), and money is engery to in a since its like chi. I hope this explain it. Alright better explaination.

I am entering investing to make because I hope to increase my money at least somewhat. There being honest didnt hurt me too much.

maybe if your interest in investing this poll will serve you though ha???

Tell me what service you got and pick a poll!!

red5angel
07-22-2003, 01:43 PM
I am trying to figure out a good plan for my wife and I. Essentially we want to be able to call each other for free and have seperate voicemail. however sorting through all these freakin options is stating to **** me off.

Kristoffer
07-22-2003, 01:56 PM
Nokia has been pretty dominating for a while. Mostly bcoz they aim their market to the teenagers, with games and other shallow crap. This would be good if not for their crappy standards. Nokias phones break easy. Ericsson is the shiznit :)

Ray Pina
07-22-2003, 02:35 PM
I think I might be the only guy on the planet without a cell phone ... or TV.

joedoe
07-22-2003, 04:38 PM
I have owned Motorolas and I have owned Nokias. Of the 2, Nokia wins hands down. Have never had an Ericsson but I have heard they don't hols together that well.

Quality and features of the Nokias seem to be excellent.

I don't know about US carriers, but here Vodafone is pretty popular, and they tend to have very competitive charges. However, I know mobile plans work differently in the US to the way they work here.

anton
07-22-2003, 05:28 PM
I've had everything... a couple of nokias, a philips a few ericsons, used someone's "sagem" for a little while... Nokia craps all over the others...
After you've had a Nokia once and realised how user-friendly and intuitive the interface is you just get frustrated owning any other phone.
Motorolla has an annoying interface and not many functions.
Ericssons are pretty fragile and have a crappy interface to boot.
Nokia's are great, the most I've ever broken on it was the cover by purposely throwing it against the wall... which cost me all of AUD $10 to replace. Trust me once you've tried nokia you never go back..
Never had a samsung, but apparently they're quite good too.

Currently own a Nokia 7250.

Shaolin-Do
07-22-2003, 06:12 PM
Have a samsung, its excellent.
Sprint has pretty good service... Couldnt believe how sh!te the service from voicestream was.... err... T-mobile now.

norther practitioner
07-22-2003, 10:38 PM
My Ericcson is cool, I like it. Don't mind the interface, it is my 3rd one in a row though...
I've beat it up pretty good in the last year and change and it is holding up fine.

My nokias broke, but mostly my fault, my Motorola made me lose all my #s a few times... :mad:

Oh, and I'm really getting sick of T-mobile... I've been waiting for 1) my contract to run out
2) this law to go though that will let you take your # from carrier to carrier.

joedoe
07-22-2003, 11:14 PM
Wow. Your carriers must really suck. Our carriers are only allowed to lock you into a contract if they give you a handset as part of the deal (well, technically they make you pay off the handset over the term of the contract), and we have been able to port numbers from carrier to carrier for almost 2 years now.

Surferdude
07-23-2003, 07:04 AM
what if you made your own cell phone...and its not on here...:p

Kristoffer
07-23-2003, 02:43 PM
No really, everyone I know who have owned a nokia have changed to a Ericsson sooner or later. It's just a matter of quality.

Ericssons are pretty fragile and have a crappy interface to boot.

What BS. :rolleyes:

anton
07-23-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Kristoffer
No really, everyone I know who have owned a nokia have changed to a Ericsson sooner or later. It's just a matter of quality.

What BS. :rolleyes:

With me its the opposite... everyone i know who's had an ericsson, changes to Nokia... Must be what they call cultural differences. :D
Also everyone I know a few people that have broken their ericssons (possibly out of frustration??)
But yeah in my honest opinion the Nokia interface is the best...

ewallace
07-23-2003, 10:00 PM
I personally think you are going about this entirely wrong. You should focus more on a companies' financial statement (ie Annual Report) to determine if the company is:
a. in good financial status
b. the stock is overvalued, undervalued, or priced about right
c. do they have enough cash put away to survive an unforseen catostrophic event (where talkin economical, not nuclear:))

What if everyone answers Nokia, but upon research into the company they have mucho long-term debt, 10 year decline in sales along with a 10 year incline in advertising and production costs?

If I had the money, and usually I don't like to go on hints or tips...I will take them and do the research...I would probably by shares in Harley Davidson. But I would have done it about a year ago before everyone was talking about it. It has gone up $6+ a share since I started watching it. Man if I could only reach my own butt with my own foot with a lot of force :mad:

Sho
07-24-2003, 06:12 AM
I've had Nokias and one Panasonic. The teenager-type Nokia phones are good, because they're very user-friendly. They have simple and well-organized interfaces with easy-to-understand functions. The Panasonic that I had was ok, but lacked simplicity. Simple cellphones are the best, imho.

ewallace
07-24-2003, 02:41 PM
I haven't seen such good advice since Susan Powder was doing her "stop the insanity" infomercials.

anton
07-25-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by berserker
I hate then all, stomp on them, burn them, crash them. Are you all MAD? LUNATICS!!!!

M.A.D.S.
MASS
ATTENTION
DEFICIENT
SYNDROME

listen you lunatics i have a great idea:
PUT THE CELL PHONES IN A WATER BUCKET
PRACTICE KUNG FU FOR HOURS ON END
LET YOUR HOUSE BURN DOWN
LET YOUR OLE LADY GO TO HER MOMMA
BURN DOWN THE HOUSE
PRACTISE KUNG FU