PDA

View Full Version : Brain Tumors??

Odin of Wei
07-22-2003, 06:30 PM
It was just found out that my grandmother just got two in her brain.

They are both non-cancerous. But one is near her eye and must be removed before it makes her go blind.

Does anyone know any medication or exerise to prevent this form happening again.

Maybe I could use it to prevent this too.

Thanks so much in advance!

Pilgrim
07-22-2003, 08:12 PM
Hi
You live in New York so look in the yellow pages under acupuncture and interview acupuncturists regarding their experince with treating tumors. Herbs and acupuncture and chi gung can be great for many health problems.
At work we have resolved a brain tumor with the following two formulas, that fit the person's signs and patterns.
1) Otolith Tablets: yunaoshi, dannanxing,cheqianzi,shijueming,gouteng,chishao,sh ichangpu, xiakucao,bihu,dilong,jiangcan
2)Chi-ko and Curcuma: chih-ko, yujin,xianhecao,zaojiaoci,moyao,zhebeimu,jinyinhua ,,walengzi, muli,haizao,xuanfuhua,xiakucao,shandougen.
There are other herb combinations that may have resulted in the same positive result, depending on the patterns. GO TO AN ACUPUNCTURIST, you can't work in New York without having a good foundation and skill and of course the more experience one has, the better.

ZIM
07-23-2003, 06:34 AM
Very sorry to hear that. If you are determined to look up an acupuncturist and your grandmother is willing to go to one, then Diane Macchiavelli [spelling may be wrong] is the local one you want. She is very well trained, classical Chinese TCM, Ivy-league educated IIRC, travels to China to study under masters there, and a Tai Chi instructor not entirely just for health aspects. There is also a Korean Dr. across from MCC, but he is not as good as some think, IMVHO.

Christopher M
07-23-2003, 10:53 AM
From the wesssss side perspective,

Unfortunately, tumors are a natural process of living tissue, so it's not something you can prevent the way you might try to prevent bacterial infection, poisoning, trauma, or something like that.

Tumors result from random errors in DNA transcription during cell replication; particularly ones which might wipe out the cell's ability to have "contact inhibition": the process which tells the cell to stop replicating itself when it comes in contact with other cells.

These kind of random errors happen all the time as a natural result of your cells' DNA transcription. So tumors are largely simply a matter of chance.

There are things you can do to bias the chances in your favor though. If cells need to replicate more, then of course there's more chance something important could go wrong. For instance, this could be the case if you have continual trauma in the same region... however, this doesn't apply much to the brain.

Another thing you can do is minimize your cells' exposure to things which can effect the integrity of the DNA transcription process. Do some reading on "free radicals", which are a major culprit of this. You should be aware both of things to avoid as much as possible (because they contribute to free radicals in your body) as well as things to take (because they can eliminate free radicals in your body).

Regular visits to your doctor for complete physicals, as well as investigation of troubling symptoms, can also help make sure you're not being chronically exposed to some kind of toxicological effect which can contribute significantly to this.

Good luck; and the best wishes to your grandmother.

Odin of Wei
07-23-2003, 11:12 AM
Thanks alot everyone.

This means alot!

I'll suggest to my grandmother to goto an Acupunist.

But I doubt she will.

Dale Dugas
07-29-2003, 04:09 PM
look into the gamma knife which is a medical device used to kill tumors without cutting into the body. Talk to your grandmother and let her know that there are many options for her.

Here in the Boston area we have the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. I wonder if they have something similar in your area.

You can always talk to someone and give her the information, just so she knows that there are a few choices for her.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas

BAI HE
07-30-2003, 01:04 PM
Listen to Dale. The Gamma Knife is here at New England Medical Center. The Doctor to Speak to is Dr.William Shucart at Nuerosurgery (617)636-5858.

Oddly enough Dr. Shucart was mentioned in "We we're soldiers once and proud" he was in that unit in Vietnam. Hell of a nice guy to boot.

Odin of Wei
08-02-2003, 10:38 PM
Yea she's going in to see a doctor and I think she made a time for sergory. Thanks alot! ^___^