PDA

View Full Version : Is your WCK external or Internal?

Phenix
07-23-2003, 09:39 PM
There is a saying:

" one sacrified one's body for external art.
One cultivate one's body with internal art.
Internal art even all starts with relaxation, however, the way how to use Jing is quite different."

So, Is your WCK external or internal?

quiet man
07-24-2003, 12:14 AM
1. Both
2. Neither.

foolinthedeck
07-24-2003, 05:19 AM
internal i think.
relax relax relax.
but i'm just a fool with no gong lik what do i know?

yuanfen
07-24-2003, 06:00 AM
Internal/External are words that have different meanings depending on user.

But in general terms both point beyond to wing chun.

You need the smooth energy flow on command but you need
ways and shapes and containers to carry, transport and deliver.

fa_jing
07-24-2003, 08:49 AM
External. HIIYAA! I just stuck my Pheonix-eye fist into a tree. PAK SAAAAOOOO! Can't touch me! :D

Phenix
07-24-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by foolinthedeck
internal i think.
relax relax relax.
but i'm just a fool with no gong lik what do i know?

You know, gong lik can be anything. even tasting good food is gong lik. just visit lots and lots of great restorant.
so, what is the deal of no gong lik?

So, you want the forward force or even better the six directional force? that isn't difficult to know either. But to be great at it and ... no one can guarantee. since that has to do with time spend and characteristics of personl.....

Rainbow
07-24-2003, 10:33 PM
I think both. We need movements to support our intentions.

canglong
07-24-2003, 11:24 PM
Can it be WCK without both?

reneritchie
07-25-2003, 07:27 AM
My WCK shall hence-forth be known as mid-ternal(tm). I will make up the word Jung-Gung (Zhonggong) to make it sound authentic. I will then LMAO when anyone mention internal or external and call them crazy extremist lagabouts.

old jong
07-25-2003, 07:44 AM
Sometimes it goes in ...Sometimes it goes out!...;)

Phenix
07-25-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by canglong
Can it be WCK without both?

What the factual evident tells?

canglong
07-25-2003, 08:41 AM
The factual evidence is inherent in the kung fu itself along with all other answers to questions you might have.

Savi
07-25-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Phenix
So, Is your WCK external or internal?
The WC I train has both. There are Hei Gung Sets, Faat Ging Sets, and Iron Body (ie. fist, arm, chest) Sets which are seperate and distinct from the combat training as well as part of the combat training.

One idiom that trains this in the WC I practice is "Loi Lau Hoi Sung"... another is "Lut Sau Chi Chung". Both require the training of the internal and external (in the WC I study).

dfl
07-25-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by reneritchie
My WCK shall hence-forth be known as mid-ternal(tm). I will make up the word Jung-Gung (Zhonggong) to make it sound authentic. I will then LMAO when anyone mention internal or external and call them crazy extremist lagabouts.

Sorry, Rene, that name is already taken by a fairly well known qigong.

Phenix
07-25-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by canglong
The factual evidence is inherent in the kung fu itself along with all other answers to questions you might have.

There is a different between a factual evident of a system and the kungfu of a practitioner.

Phil Redmond
07-25-2003, 10:02 AM
One can't exist without the other. There is inherent yin in yang and vice versa.

Savi
07-25-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Phenix
There is a different between a factual evident of a system and the kungfu of a practitioner.
Is this a shot at Tony, or are you just stating the obvious? Yes we know there is a difference between the system and self.

Phenix
07-25-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Savi

Is this a shot at Tony, or are you just stating the obvious? Yes we know there is a difference between the system and self.

what do you think?

reneritchie
07-25-2003, 11:24 AM
Dagnabit, Dan, this ruins *everything*!

canglong
07-25-2003, 11:32 AM

...and those differences are?

reneritchie
07-25-2003, 12:41 PM
OKay, I figured it out. Instead of Zhong meaning "center", I will use Zhong meaning "central". As everyone knows, they're *very* different!

(Note, before anyone starts whining like a little baby, this post is done in jest, like the Mr. T chi sao post, so do everyone a favor and laugh, okay? 8P)