PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio heads....

norther practitioner
07-24-2003, 12:01 PM
I have a few friends who just moved there. One of them is looking for a school down there. He's looking for some good kung fu... Who can give me some referrences...

Also, he seems not to be able to find any good hip hop or Jungle clubs/ nights yet.

Shaolin-Do
07-24-2003, 12:17 PM
My friend spins jungle.. Couple other friends in a bad azz hip hop band.
How old are these peeps?

"He's looking for some good kung fu... "

hehe... SD or crappy wing chun.
SC will be around soon, but not just yet.

btw, Im going to.. err.. lakeside? lakeview? Something like that.

Most of the good jungle is in austin, hiphop as well. all the "hiphop" down here is dirty souf ghetto crap. At a battle I recently went to, a "f*ck that" chant turned into "f*ck that, WHAT? f*ck that, WHAT? f*ck that WHAT"... You get the idea.

norther practitioner
07-24-2003, 12:19 PM
SC will be around soon, but not just yet.

I'll tell him to hang tight then....

mid twenties...
They're both b-boys..

Shaolin-Do
07-24-2003, 12:29 PM
I know a crowd they may very well enjoy kickin it with... Most the people I party with are 22+...
SC practice resumes right around when school does I believe... Most the guys are out with injuries or the like.
I havent really been clubbing here in a while, only like to go when I know the owner or bartender.... :D But I can look into it... When I feel like clubbing Ill usually go to austin... Downtown San Antonio has some pretty bad ass places... Heard howl at the moon is f*ckin off the heazy most the time.

Water Dragon
07-24-2003, 12:37 PM
Northern, pm me for info on Shuai Chiao in San An.

Shaolin-Do
07-24-2003, 12:40 PM
Dont do it!

:)

WD, plan on heading back down this way anytime soon? Ill have my own placea again soon, and some thick azz mats for practice... Think Im gonna get the judo mats from my friends school that closed down.

norther practitioner
07-24-2003, 12:49 PM
Thanks guys....
I'll spread the info too SD

Oh, and it is Lakewood.....
Western sub...

Shaolin-Do
07-24-2003, 01:06 PM
Tight, If they are interested in some bust balls kick each others ass training, my best friend is moving to CO so Im going to need someone to practice with...

norther practitioner
07-24-2003, 01:26 PM
Offer up longfist to your friend if he wants it once he gets up here.:D I'll pass on the info.

Shaolin-Do
07-24-2003, 01:40 PM
Will do. He seems pretty gung ho about this pai lum tho...
WD, ol dude down here will be teaching Longfist along with the SC, yes?

NP - Edit - doesnt matter what style he studys, its just kinda not as fun working out by yourself for 2 hours a night.
:(

Shaolin-Do
07-24-2003, 01:41 PM
Will do. He seems pretty gung ho about this pai lum tho...
WD, ol dude down here will be teaching Longfist along with the SC, yes?

NP - Edit - doesnt matter what style he studys, its just kinda not as fun working out by yourself for 2 hours a night, and there are few people I know that have that dedication to anything other than getting drunk or stoned....

Water Dragon
07-24-2003, 01:42 PM
Yeah, the entry work is a combination of Long Fist and Wing Chun. The Wing Chun was amazingly well done.

Northern, tell you're friend to avoid SD. He'll talk all kinds of Yang about hanging out, training, and chiefing out, but then he'll leave ya on the hang when it comes down to it.

Shaolin-Do
07-24-2003, 01:45 PM
Bah. I drove around that hood for 1 hour.

edit : I didnt go to mexico all week either.
:eek:

Water Dragon
07-24-2003, 01:46 PM
No you didn't. It's a gated community, you couldn't get in.

Shaolin-Do
07-24-2003, 01:48 PM
I know its gated. someone was leaving when I pulled up. It has tons of wierd ass street names too. 1st street on the left is a dead end, entrance street goes about 150 yds then breaks right or left, which winds up comming back to itself....
:eek:

Shaolin-Do
07-24-2003, 01:49 PM
really tho, I did drive all the way the f*ck out there. And drove around for an hour.
:cool:

norther practitioner
07-24-2003, 01:53 PM
Yeah, sure you did....

:eek: :D

Water Dragon
07-24-2003, 01:54 PM
Um hmm
You drove around for an hour and didn't notice the car with the Indiana license plates. I think you were just scared of getting dropped on your head sissy boy.

ewallace
07-24-2003, 02:39 PM
The least you could have done was left an envelope taped to the gate with money to buy a beer.

You mean you didn't see the black chevy caprice classic? ;)

Water Dragon
07-24-2003, 02:42 PM
lol @ ewallace

norther practitioner
07-24-2003, 02:55 PM
LOL...
how could you not spot a cop car with out of state tags...

Shaolin-Do
07-24-2003, 04:46 PM
Bah. I was very much looking forward to getting dropped on my head.
Was burning the whole time i drove around...
Didnt look for plates...
hehe
oops :)

crazymaddrunk
07-24-2003, 06:46 PM
Sounds like Watered Dragon is a total wuss IMO. He still can't let up with downing another system, even when being half-way decent. I guess whatever he studies is the ULTIMATE martial art. There's no wrong in his system, it's sooo perfect. The only person you could drop on their head Wuss Dragon is a new born baby, you freakin' wanna be wuss of a fighter.

fa_jing
07-24-2003, 06:59 PM
Yeah, the entry work is a combination of Long Fist and Wing Chun.

Did you notice any similarities with what I do?

Sounds like a wicked combo.

Water Dragon
07-24-2003, 08:23 PM
There were some similarities, but he was cutting angles more and hitting me from over my outside gate a lot. It was pretty good stuff. Same caliber as MS2 and the Golden Mountain.

It's my understanding that Paul out of Austin is a solid Wing Chun guy. I know he has about an 8 man San Shou team and I think he uses Wing Chun to train them, but don't quote me on that.

FYI, Paul's on the SC list if you want to send him a private e-mail.

CaptinPickAxe
08-17-2003, 06:37 PM
We got in and drove around for about 45 min, before we left.I was with SD...It woulda sucked more but we was cheifin'.

iblis73
08-18-2003, 01:00 AM
Hi, I dont normally lurk here. I am currently visiting all the instructors in SA, have been an asst instrucotr in SA and know of most of the instructors here. For a more complete breakdown, ebmail iblis73 at yahoo.com.

CMA:there is a shaolin do school on the NE side.
There are 2 wing chun schools-SW side and NW side(Dragon martial arts.)

There are 2 WT schools:
Will parker on austin highway
(all 3 of the above in the yellow pages)
Nico Lahood on Broadway (EBMAS rep, see that website for contact-HIGHLY recomended by my LEO friends.)

Also severl krav maga schools, rangels vale tudo (a VERY good school, but tough). There is a very good pekiti tirsia school (FMA) and new one called san antonio academy of integrated fighting arts.
There are several instructors who teach for free!
Kirk Woeller/ken major-they teach at OLLU on the west side. Kirk is a great Shuai Chiao inst. who also has decent standup and ground game. Ken is mostly bjj/submissions, I hear they merged theyre groups.
Marc Yoder teaches gracie jj on the west side for free.
James Walker has a group that does MMA also for free (out of his garage.)

I have met or talked to the above 3 folks, they are all very no BS no ego types. The pekiti school is rigorous and impressed me. Rangels is the toughest-its basically shut up and train. Good stuff all around.

Roy Eby may be teaching jkd starting this fall.I also hear there is a bagua inst. somewhere here.

Shaolin-Do
08-18-2003, 08:29 AM
School of shadow fist teaches WT also... WC whatever....
Dont think the SC group is currently training...
Should be starting any day now...
You from here Iblis?
Where do you train?

'MegaPoint
08-18-2003, 08:37 AM
Krav Maga? Get the f uck outta here. That's crap!

Vale Tudo Rangel? That's for retards!

School of the Shadowfist? Ridiculous and pitiful.

The only real MAs in Texas are in Houston, Bastrop and Dallas.

Where did this GJJ guy learn and what is his ranK? Why didn't he show up at the Caique JJ seminar I had a couple of years back?

If you want real MAs you'll have to search. I know of 1 or 2 good Shorin guys and that's it. The rest is BS!

Shaolin-Do
08-18-2003, 08:42 AM
Rangels Vale Tudo actually trains pretty d@mn hard...

"Why didn't he show up at the Caique JJ seminar I had a couple of years back?"

If this seminar was so "real" why didnt I hear about it?
Not sayin Im somebody special, but apparently that seminar wasnt either.

Why post if its just to troll?

CaptinPickAxe
08-18-2003, 12:35 PM
SD, we know somebody who fought in Vale Tudo. He wasn't exactly the strongest or the best fighter, and word on the street is he got his face pounded recently. Supposedly he picked a fight with a TKDer, so that doesn't say much about his skillz.

iblis73
08-20-2003, 10:07 PM
One of the highest rated WT in the country is in SA. Also the ebmas reps are badass guys. Mike Rangel (vale tudo) is hard as hell-hes trained w/pedro sauer,carlos machado, guy mezger and a bunch of other big names. The shuai jiao group meets with the OLLU group now. The GJJ guy is Marc Yoder, he trains under Rey Diogo and has also done some cross training (he recently trained with Randy Couture.)

Bastrop? your kidding right-theres nothing there. Austin has some serious talent though-Frank Benn,W Vandry,too many to list.

Shaolin-do, where u train? I currently aint training on account of a 60 hr work week and 3 hrs of commuting every day, but come sept I'm gonna train hard.

Shaolin-Do
08-20-2003, 10:28 PM
Train at the shaolin-do school right now :)
Going to start with the SC group when they meet back up, but as far as I know they havent yet.