PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Forms and Styles

5thBrother
07-25-2003, 02:42 AM
well i was sick recently and i watched alot of kung fu videos hehehe Drunken Master, Drunken Mantis, Drunken snake, Drunken Kung Fu Monk... various others..

as well i don't mind some tequila lately .. love .. wot can u do..

ANYWAYS..

if any one knows can u please tell me as many names of forms with in styles and styles of drunken kung fu ...

i know there is joi bart seen kune (8 drunken immortals fist) of choy lay fat and jui tong long of qi xing tong long...

just interested and curious at all the different kinda drunken forms and techniques...

also interested in different interpretations.. like i know some "drunken forms" use awkward movements and so on to apply techniques rather than mimicing "drunkardness"

a serious silly question

do u have drunken forms in your system or a drunken system?

thanks

thank u

anton
07-25-2003, 07:31 AM
http://www.joybotsin.com/history.htm

anton
07-25-2003, 07:35 AM
The "Tao Pai" system has a drunken 8 immortals form:
http://www.pantherfist.com/immortal.html

friday
07-27-2003, 06:10 AM
i'd like to know whether any practitioners have used drunken styles to actually fight with?

Troy Dunwood
07-27-2003, 10:46 PM
Hello, my name is Troy Dunwood my Sifu was the late great master Lau Yee Chan who instructed me in the old style of Drunken Eight Immortals Kung Fu of Mo Dong Martial Arts. To the question of actual fighting our style is based upon real life fighting and grappling skills it is highly practical, as I work in Law Enforcement to your question of practicality in fighting there has been times when I have had to call upon my skills and I might add they have proven to be quite effective, but you are probably saying I would say this but the truth of the matter is or at least I think our style's effectiveness comes from the mere fact that we are unorthodox simply meaning we are willing to cross the line and go outside the box of the traditional fight sort of speaking for resolve.

HuangKaiVun
07-28-2003, 08:44 AM
We use Drunken style regularly to fight.

It has several great abilities, including the ability to fight from odd angles and take out extremely strong forward attacks.

I've got natural stretchiness, so it is a very big advantage in a fight for me. I use it all the time against my students, virtually all of whom are bigger and tougher than I am.

For example, I can grab somebody's RIGHT ear with my left hand while somebody has me in a right chicken wing - and that's only by turning my waist.