PDA

View Full Version : Hey Hung Gar People have you used a Tiger Claw Strike in the streets?

Leopard
12-14-2000, 06:43 AM
I want to know if anyone has been in a fight where they used a tiger claw strike to an opponents eye? What happened ?

Tru-MA
12-15-2000, 09:38 PM
I've used the tiger claw before, on the street. I pretty much figured out how to use it after watching how people use it in practice (it's the truth). Actually, the tiger claw isn't only used for strikes, it's used for grabbing, twisting, and pulling.
As for how I used it, I basically threw a feint palm strike at my opponent with my left hand, who blocked it off, and then I grabbed his left arm (the one he blocked with) and pulled it to my left and used my right hand to tiger claw at his face, aiming for his eyes and the pressure points on his face. I stopped short, because I basically scared the beejezus out of him and he lost his balance anyways (while trying to back away from my tiger claw), so all it took was a leg trip to knock him down, and I ran away.

illusionfist
12-19-2000, 12:08 AM
I've never used it to someones eyes, but i have used the palm strike part of it and also a dual strike. The dual strikes name is "fierce tiger scratches at the sand", its a clavical strike that came in pretty handy when i was in close range trying to avoid a choke.

Peace :D

Kung Lek
12-19-2000, 11:46 PM
tru ma- you are speaking of dragon claw techniques.
Fu Jow technique is smash and tear. no grabbing.
the palm is for impact and the fingers tear at soft tissue.

Dragon, looks similar and it is used for grabbing and twisting joints and so on.

peace

Kung Lek

iamaloser
01-02-2001, 02:06 AM
The tiger claw technique that I know strikes down on the nose to break it using the palm, then continuing down to rake the face from the forehead to the chin. In fact, the tiger techniques I've been taught involve slashing attacks rather than straight finger jabs. I personally would throw kicks or use submission moves than have to draw blood. Blood isn't a good thing to mess with these days.

stickfighter
01-04-2001, 03:46 AM
I have a little Hung Gar training, and have been along time fan of all of the kung fu animal styles. The tiger claw techniques are very effective as facial and throat attacks. :cool:

Stickfighter

premier
01-05-2001, 01:46 AM
We have some serious face to groin ripping tiger claw technigues, but I'm afraid it would rip off at least a few of my finger nails.. how to condition?

Vankuen
01-14-2001, 08:41 PM
One does not have to be from the Hung kuen (ga) system to know and understand the use of the fu jiao (tiger claw) techniques. Of the tiger kuens that I know, I have been introduced to both linear palm strike-rake strikes, as well as circular slashing types of motions, as well as grabbing (for those of you who do not think that there are grabs with fu jiao techniques...one example of which would be the "tiger tail kick" where you kick at one opponent and simultaneously grab/strike the other on the opposite side.)

In any case, the use of the fu jiao in real life does not necessarily have to end in bloodshed. It can be used to the body, as well as in aid of chin na. (There are chin na tiger techniques) To use it to the face and eyes, as previously stated in another reply, would not be the best thing in todays world of aids and other blood communicable diseases.

Know that the fu jiao is indeed a formidable technique and is useful, but at the same time, know when to use it and when not to.

[This message was edited by Vankuen on 01-15-01 at 12:47 PM.]

MASTERMAN
01-26-2001, 03:00 AM
What is up with you guys answer the questions don't B.S. Now that the forum is extended there is no need for this....

I use the Tiger Claw it is goood strike for me. It fits my personality. I don't worry about anything other than family and friends or myself in DANGER. The rest is automatic.

You Have The Power,

Dave S
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MASTERMAN
01-26-2001, 03:00 AM
What is up with you guys answer the questions don't B.S. Now that the forum is extended there is no need for this....

I use the Tiger Claw it is goood strike for me. It fits my personality. I don't worry about anything other than family and friends or myself in DANGER. The rest is automatic.

You Have The Power,

Dave S
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: