PDA

View Full Version : free video questions

Crash
07-26-2003, 07:33 AM
Has anyone tried out and of the videos that you get for free (well, $10S&H) in the front of the magazine? Granted, I've never seen them, but they look pretty nice. Even if it is more expositional than instructional, it still is a good deal for $10, right?

Also, instead of cutting out the order form, can I photocopy it? I just don't want to cut up the magazines, as I plan to keep them for future reference and want to keep them in excellent condition. Thanks.

Crushing Step
07-26-2003, 11:41 AM
I have only taken advantage of this once. My only regret is not remembering to do it every month!

The "free" ($10) video I got was the wushu staff video. The routine was fantastic. I never ended up trying the form out, as I am not a wushu stylist. No where to really practice those long staff moves in my living room!

The videos they offer are the same ones they sell, they aren't different. So if you are interested in a video series, try to get one for $10 and see how you like it. Being a subscriber, they sent me a cd with previews of all the videos they offer. I believe you can see these on the web site, but I'm not sure. Anyway, the series that I definitely missed out on was wing chun. It looked real nice in the previews.

GeneChing
07-28-2003, 09:53 AM
Free videos have been a long standing tradition with Kung Fu Magazine. They are selected from our library of TC Media produced videos. As it states in the magazine, you're not supposed to photocopy the coupon - we want you to buy the magazine obviously. But they'd probably accept it if you just sent the photocopy and the S&H fee. Just don't tell them that I told you so ;)

Crash
07-29-2003, 10:37 AM
Thanks. I'll probably also enclose a note letting them know I have a subscription. I don't meant to be a bother, but I plan to keep the magazines for a long, long time and want to keep them in as good condition as possible.

GeneChing
07-30-2003, 09:58 AM
That's quite a compliment.:D

norther practitioner
07-31-2003, 02:14 PM
Thats pretty much why I haven't done the video offer yet.. don't want to hack apart part of my library....:D
Maybe I'll try the photocopy or pick up an extra copy now and again when I see something I want..

GeneChing
08-08-2003, 09:20 AM
... but has anyone here ever tried to send in a photocopy of the video form and been refused? I don't think so... ;)