PDA

View Full Version : Genki Sudo Stabbed!!!

Laughing Cow
07-28-2003, 05:59 AM
Five men knifed in random street attack in Tokyo
Friday, July 25, 2003 at 03:11 JST

TOKYO — Five men in Tokyo were wounded, one seriously, by a helmeted man with dark sun glasses Thursday night who randomly attacked pedestrians with a knife in the Shibuya district Thursday night and then fled on a motorbike.

Police officials described the assailant as a man about 20-year-old and about 180-centimer tall and wearing a black helmet, dark sunglasses and tattoos in his arm. Police said Genki Sudo, 25, a fighter active in the so-called K-1 sport, was among the victims. (Kyodo News)
----

Chang Style Novice
07-28-2003, 06:03 AM
(preemptively)I guess now those treacherous liberals will say we should ban knives and bike helmets!(/preemptively)

Okay, guys, we've got it under control, you don't have to go flamewarring this time.

More seriously, I hope that all the victims make fast and complete recoveries.

Ryu
07-28-2003, 06:24 AM
That's impossible. MMA is perfect for the street.

............. :D Go!

Ryu

truewrestler
07-28-2003, 06:32 AM
When motorbike is used correctly, no can defend.

chen zhen
07-28-2003, 06:57 AM
Police officials described the assailant as a man about 20-year-old and about 180-centimer tall

Is'nt that tall for a japanese, generally?:confused:

Mr Punch
07-28-2003, 07:28 AM
No, well, a bit, kinda... since 1967 the Japanese men have shot up twenty cm on average.

Actually can't remember the stats/date, but nobody will care and anyway this is the net and I am starting a one-man anti-verification backlash, to attempt to get people to read more books...!:rolleyes:

I was gonna start this thread as: MMA Not Street Shock!!! ...
perhaps if Laughing Cow would do the honours of changing the title... I'd back him up in the ensuing flame-war fun!:D

Poor Sudo's not so Genki now, huh? But of course, if only they had rolling around on the floor in K1...!:D:rolleyes:
And of course, being a KFer, I'd have sucked his knife-hand into my chest with a reverse chi-blast, like that Thing in 'The Thing' and spat out his chewed up remains from my famous yet strangely secret Dragon Rib-Tooth Style technique.

Ford Prefect
07-28-2003, 07:33 AM
That's too bad. That guy has skills.

truewrestler
07-28-2003, 07:36 AM
No, well, a bit, kinda... since 1967 the Japanese men have shot up twenty cm on average. (American GIs)

Mr Punch
07-28-2003, 07:36 AM
(edit: answer to Ford)
I read a report on it in the Japan Times that said he wasn't seriously injured (some kind of chest shot), and nor were the other four, but the worst off got a leg and a gut shot...

Mr Punch
07-28-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by truewrestler
(American GIs) No, American food. Their diabetes and obesity rates are also rising... And no, I'm not joking, and no, I'm not attacking the US! ;) :p :D

truewrestler
07-28-2003, 07:40 AM
I'm serious... Japanese Women + American GIs after WWII ended = Height average going up

Chang Style Novice
07-28-2003, 07:51 AM
Serious maybe, but also completely wrong.

truewrestler
07-28-2003, 07:54 AM
yeah, maybe it is the American food... but here in America it just makes us wider not taller :p

Chang Style Novice
07-28-2003, 07:57 AM
Just think about how many illegitamate kids it would take to bring up the national average by that much, and how intolerant japanese society is of such kids. Americans have grown a lot taller in the last two hundred years as our eating habits (especially those of kids) have changed. It really isn't a strange idea.

Ford Prefect
07-28-2003, 07:58 AM
Mat is correct. The traditional soy based diet of Japan has been shown in numerous studies as the reason for their short height and soft appearance. The more western the diet becomes, the more they will grow. I'm sure GI's had a role in various families, but it'd be pretty impossible to cause an entire country's avg height to rise like that just by the few GI's who has kids with japanese women.

MasterKiller
07-28-2003, 08:07 AM
Just think about how many illegitamate kids it would take to bring up the national average by that much, and how intolerant japanese society is of such kids. Americans have grown a lot taller in the last two hundred years as our eating habits (especially those of kids) have changed. It really isn't a strange idea. Conservative estimates claim American GIs fostered between 20 and 25,000 illegitmate kids during WWII, all over Europe.

Still, I say better nutrition and medicine are most likely responsible.

Ryu
07-28-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
Serious maybe, but also completely wrong.

LOL! That made my day. :)

Chang Style Novice
07-28-2003, 08:36 AM
Conservative estimates claim American GIs fostered between 20 and 25,000 illegitmate kids during WWII, all over Europe Which has what exactly to do with Japan?;)

truewrestler
07-28-2003, 08:38 AM
lol, could be could be

MasterKiller
07-28-2003, 08:41 AM
Which has what exactly to do with Japan? If they pumped that much sperm into Eurpope in 5 years, just think how much they sprayed all over Japan in the last 50.

TonyM.
07-28-2003, 08:50 AM
I'd pay good money to have that image removed from my brain.:eek:
My guess is that this sad attack had something to do with MA competition. It saddens me to hear of innocents being injured.
Don't remember which coach said it but "Football doesn't build character. Football reveals character." comes to mind here.

Mr Punch
07-28-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
If they pumped that much sperm into Eurpope in 5 years Eurpope...?!:eek:

They pumped sperm into the Pope!? I know they're depraved but heavens above... I didn't know the Catholic church was so divided but if I ever get my hands on that USpope there's big trouble on...

Tony, dunno bout the MA comp theory: Sudo was a bystander... in fact they all were... the first guy got stabbed cos he looked at the assailant funny (they were both riding motorbikes) at a traffic light... but the assailant was already shouting crazily at the time. Then he ran round, and even jumped back on his bike to chase some people, shouting and screaming and trying to get people to fight him... Think he was just nuts.:confused:

Ford Prefect
07-28-2003, 10:16 AM
Genki really just won the unlucky lottery. Nothing you can really do when youre walking in a crowded city street and one of the people you pass nails you in the chest as you walk by.

calamus
07-28-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Laughing Cow
Five men knifed in random street attack in Tokyo
Police said Genki Sudo, 25, a fighter active in the so-called K-1 sport, was among the victims. (Kyodo News)
----

Random attack/or some kind of deliberate thing?

Shaolin-Do
07-28-2003, 11:14 AM
"They pumped sperm into the Pope!?"

Alter boys?
Thought it was the other way around.
:eek: