PDA

View Full Version : close encounters...

MonkeyKing
07-28-2003, 10:21 AM
So...does anyone have any good stories to tell about using their martial ability in a real world situation to defend themselves?

If so, what did you learn from the experience? Did you win, lose, or diffuse the situation?

Judge Pen
07-28-2003, 10:43 AM
I've been fortunate enough to not have many experiences. The only one I had was a drunk student that attacked an RA when I was in college. I locked up is arm and took him down and held him until campus police arrived. No big deal.

truewrestler
07-28-2003, 10:53 AM
My Freshmen year of highschool, a guy got in my face and punched me in the side of the head while I was still sitting in my desk. All at once I got out of my desk, circles behind him and threw him to the ground. I then proceded to do absolutely nothing while he is on all fours COMPLETELY defenseless and the teacher brokes us up a few seconds later. When he stood up I was standing right behind him doing nothing and he hits me with an elbow (tricept). I would have completely wooped his ass if I were a fighter but I realized then and there I'm not a natural fighter.

My younger brother on the other hand had a fight over something, probably a kid picking on him and I heard the kid was like 50lbs heavier. He threw the guy to the ground(edit: have to add...after the guy punched him in the chest once and he walked away and then a second time he had enough), the guy was then on all fours, and my brother wrapped one arm around the kids waist and just unloaded on him with his free hand. I believe this was after school hours, he was there for weight lifting, and there was no teacher to break it up and he eventually just got up and walked away.

Well...those are my stories.

Shaolin-Do
07-28-2003, 10:54 AM
Ive prevented a couple of drunken fights just setting people in simple standing locks...
Hit 1 person 1 time and knocked him f*ck out for slapping his woman...
Thats it tho :)

truewrestler
07-28-2003, 10:59 AM
I am the master of the run-on sentence, LOL

Shuul Vis
07-28-2003, 11:16 AM
I once cut a man's arm off with a chain saw by accident. I wasnt really using any special kind of kung fu with the saw, but i was sort of in a horse stance.

Mojo
07-28-2003, 12:45 PM
so that was a saw horse stance ?

truewrestler
07-28-2003, 12:50 PM
literally LOL! Gonna get in trouble at work if I laugh any more.

dezhen2001
07-28-2003, 12:57 PM
once was walking to the uni library thru a small underpass... there were hundreds of the loacal soccer team supporters coming the other way to go to the match. Anyway i was against the side of the wall walking the OPPOSITE way when out the corner of my eye i saw a fist coming at me. I deflected it and hit the guy, pulled him down in between me and his 2 mates, and had my back on the wall.

Then i diffused it.

Seemingly my shirt i was wearing reminded them of the opposite teams so they wanted to hit me :(

Thankfully they were rather drunk but coherent enough to listen to reason...

Then as i let the guy up he said "i could have had you" LOL!

it was after that when i got to the library that i started having all the nervous shakes and stuff coz of what happened.

kinda scary :(

dawood

shaolin kungfu
07-28-2003, 01:30 PM
I remember someone on here being attacked by a gang of midget ninjas while taking a pee at a gwar concert.

Judge Pen
07-28-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by dezhen2001
once was walking to the uni library thru a small underpass... there were hundreds of the loacal soccer team supporters coming the other way to go to the match. Anyway i was against the side of the wall walking the OPPOSITE way when out the corner of my eye i saw a fist coming at me. I deflected it and hit the guy, pulled him down in between me and his 2 mates, and had my back on the wall.

Then i diffused it.

Seemingly my shirt i was wearing reminded them of the opposite teams so they wanted to hit me :(

Thankfully they were rather drunk but coherent enough to listen to reason...

Then as i let the guy up he said "i could have had you" LOL!

it was after that when i got to the library that i started having all the nervous shakes and stuff coz of what happened.

kinda scary :(

dawood

You crazy brits and your football teams. :D

dezhen2001
07-28-2003, 05:08 PM
i hate football :D

dawood

Laughing Cow
07-28-2003, 05:17 PM
I like to play football with my opponents Head.

:D

Kicks to the head work best when they are prone.

Xebsball
07-28-2003, 05:17 PM
i think its very important to talk about your experiances

please read my latest thread and show some support against the injustices the moderators have been doing towards me, thank you

Ground Dragon
07-29-2003, 06:59 AM
On 4th of July weekend, I saw a cabbie refuse to take a lady in a wheelchair, and she had been waiting for a couple of hours. He gave some line about not being able to pick up a different person than the one who actually called the cab in. But he was willing to take me and my friends, and we hadn't called that cab in.
Anyway, I ended up calling the cab company (which he also owned) to complain later on and after a couple of minutes of being calm, he snapped and threatened to split my head open. But the funny thing is (more scary than funny I guess) I was very calm and level headed about the whole thing, I wasn't provoking him, wasn't raising my voice or anything, and he snapped. I said he was welcome to come by and try and he said it wouldn't be a matter of trying because it would be so easy he would just do it. Me and my friends had a good laugh, it was all so ridiculous. I knew he wouldn't even attempt to follow through, it was all talk. And he called back later on and threatened me again.
That's the closest I've come in a long time I guess. I always try to maintain a low profile. I'm kind of a big guy and I think people just naturally don't want to mess with big guys, which helps.
And, for what it's worth, if anyone is in this area or coming around, let me know and I will tell you which cab company to *not* take.

1renox
07-29-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Ground Dragon
On 4th of July weekend, I saw a cabbie refuse to take a lady in a wheelchair, and she had been waiting for a couple of hours. He gave some line about not being able to pick up a different person than the one who actually called the cab in. But he was willing to take me and my friends, and we hadn't called that cab in.

Sad story. Man, my faith in humanity dimishes everyday.

But, glad to hear you took some action, Ground Dragon. You deserve accolades.

Had 2 encounters myself--posted already in some thread somewhere on the forum. What I learned from them?
1. My art works as advertised 2. I'm much calmer and peform better on the street than when trying to perform in the school.

truewrestler
07-29-2003, 09:07 AM
I'm much calmer and peform better on the street than when trying to perform in the school. That's awesome... I'm the exact opposite in regards to nervousness