PDA

View Full Version : Q: I'm looking for a good set of daggers.

themeecer
07-28-2003, 05:25 PM
I've been searching on the web for a good set of daggers and have come up short. I would prefer that they were made from one piece since I will be throwing them as well. I have contemplated finding a good set of throwing daggers and covering the handle in leather or rubber. I need a 3" - 4" blade, and the handle needs to be around 2.5". Also the 'butt end' of the handle cannot be too large, I will be pivoting the dagger from a pointing upwards position to pointing downwards. Has anyone come across something like this?

joedoe
07-28-2003, 05:47 PM
Like these?

http://www.qiproductions.com/weapons/doubleweapons.htm

themeecer
07-28-2003, 05:58 PM
Well, about that size .. but I want real blades, not punched out pieces of chrome. Thanks for the link .. I hadn't seen this site.

tnwingtsun
07-28-2003, 06:07 PM
I think Blackjack posted some good links awhile ago.

Oso
07-28-2003, 07:11 PM
Cold Steel, baby.

http://www.coldsteel.com/

and where else can you get a nice assegai but

http://www.coldsteel.com/spears-high-performance-spears.html

themeecer
07-28-2003, 07:21 PM
Oso .. that is exactly what I was looking for. The peace keeper II knife looks perfect.
....edit....

Also I'll have to construct some kind of sheath for them, I like the two knives to be held together instead of seperate sheaths. But once again thanks for the link, these knives look nice.

Oso
07-28-2003, 07:31 PM
I hope you are at least throwing them AT the opponent.

3 PAIRS OF KNIVES????

A little underdressed don't you think? ;)

Mr Punch
07-28-2003, 07:43 PM
Meh, if you're really fighting the good fight you should go for Seven... check out this book (http://www.firebirdarts.com/book/11book32a.shtml#mark17) and ask cold Steel if they'll make you replicas of the Daggers of Meggido! Let's really get that Armageddon rolling!:D

BTW, they probably sell all kinds of sheaths too.

themeecer
07-28-2003, 07:47 PM
Hehe .. should I bring more? If CMA is noted for one thing it is overkill.

.............edit.............

:p

Oso
07-28-2003, 07:50 PM
reminds me of a gnome character I had once in D&D.

He carried two short spears, two throwing axes, two throwing knives and a short sword.

Round 1 - Throw both spears
Round 2 - Throw both axes
Round 3 - Throw both knives
Round 4 - Run like h e l l.

He had hi dex but low strength. mostly used the short sword to open kegs.

joedoe
07-28-2003, 07:54 PM
Geek :D

themeecer
07-28-2003, 08:02 PM
Ok .. I don't think I have ever LOL outloud in real life .. but I sure did then. I played D&D years ago and in the past month or so started checking it out with the release of the 3.5 books. I have asked one of my old D&D buddies, "Were we ever that geeky?" I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I walked into a gaming store for the first time in many years. I was like the utterly most cool guy there. It got my wheels going .... maybe we should check out this "Gencon" gaming convention coming up this past weekend. We could like have any woman there. Lol Problem is, I don't think I would be attracted to the type of woman that would go to these conventions. It tickled me to hear you call Oso a geek after hearing it from some of my female friends in the past few weeks when they saw my gaming books on my kitchen table.

Mr Punch
07-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Geek!:D

themeecer
07-28-2003, 08:08 PM
LOL .. I'm not the one with the picture of Bruce Campbell as my avatar.

joedoe
07-28-2003, 08:10 PM
I don't have a problem with people getting into D&D - I think it is good harmless fun and at least it stimulates the imagination rather than turning you into an idiot. I just find it really funny how it is like a whole different world that revolves around character points and turns at throwing the dice and experience points etc, and how some people get so into it.

Anyway, I am sure there are people out there that say the same thing about me and my kung fu :D

Oso
07-28-2003, 08:15 PM
HA !! the only thing worse than someone who does kung fu is someone who does kung fu and games....uhh, yea, that's right.

there's a bunch of us here, don't make us hop a plane to Oz and make you learn how to play.

themeecer
07-28-2003, 08:29 PM
Hello my name is themeecer, and I play D&D.

joedoe
07-28-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Oso
HA !! the only thing worse than someone who does kung fu is someone who does kung fu and games....uhh, yea, that's right.

there's a bunch of us here, don't make us hop a plane to Oz and make you learn how to play.

Plenty of gaming geeks down here too, but you are always welcome to come on down :D

Black Jack
07-28-2003, 09:12 PM
Here are some quality blade smiths for you to take a look at. Also remeber that cheap knives are also a sound option to take a look at besides all these custom/semi-custom manufactures. Don't get me wrong, I love high quality knives, but their are plenty of graveyard plots filled with people done in by cheap metal.

www.topsknives.com

www.kellamknives.com

www.camillusknives.com

www.emersonknives.com

www.lightfootknives.com

www.protechknives.com

enjoy and play safe

shaolin kungfu
07-28-2003, 09:25 PM
LOL .. I'm not the one with the picture of Bruce Campbell as my avatar.

Hey, whats wrong with bruce campbell? Evil dead kicked ass!:D

themeecer
07-28-2003, 09:38 PM
The camillus knives look good. This boot knife: http://www.camillusknives.com/1mainframe.htm coupled with the kydex sheath http://www.camillusknives.com/1mainframe.htm looks great. According to their site:
The extremely versatile Quik Draw™ sheath allows for multiple applications, including: ·Removable boot/belt clip ·Horizontal positioning ·Positioning inside/outside pants

I have found the same knife for sale with this sheath on http://www.eknifeworks.com/ for $28.95 each. I'm less than a 3 hours drive from there .. I may have to make a road trip here in the next few days.

edit: Oops the links were the same. Well, you can easily navigate to them from the link I posted.

Black Jack
07-28-2003, 09:49 PM
I really think top knives are very good. You should check out the wolf pup and the street scalpal if you work with smaller fixed blades.

What kind of blade training are you working with?

Finding what fits you on both a level of natural feel, training background, and everyday enviroment is a good key to go on for a realistic working purchase.

themeecer
07-28-2003, 10:15 PM
I guess my best bet would be to drive down to the smokey mountains so I could actually handle the knives. That's the only way you will know if they are balanced right and fit your hand.

Judge Pen
07-29-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by themeecer
I guess my best bet would be to drive down to the smokey mountains so I could actually handle the knives. That's the only way you will know if they are balanced right and fit your hand.

That's the nice thing about living in Knoxville; I'm close to the smokey mountain knife works.

MasterKiller
07-29-2003, 08:06 AM
That's the nice thing about living in Knoxville; I suppose the other nice thing about living there is if you have a hot sister or aunt, there's nothing stopping you from knocking their boots.;)

Judge Pen
07-29-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
I suppose the other nice thing about living there is if you have a hot sister or aunt, there's nothing stopping you from knocking their boots.;)

You have Tennessee confused with Alabama. It's actually legal to marry your second (or was it third) cousin down there.

Tennessee is famous for actually passing a law allowing people to eat roadkill. Now there's something that should make all Tennesseans proud!