PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Brad

Judge Pen
07-29-2003, 08:24 AM
You had asked about Master Mullins' open-style tournament in Johnson City, Tennessee. According to his website, it's tenatively scheduled for November 1st, 2003. When I have more information, I'll let you know.

Shaolin-Do
07-29-2003, 08:27 AM
Tourney commin up in round rock as well... :)
18th and 19th I believe, and mantis form.
I know Sin comes down on 9th and 10th...

Judge Pen
07-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
Tourney commin up in round rock as well... :)
18th and 19th I believe, and mantis form.
I know Sin comes down on 9th and 10th...

Is your Round Rock tourney an open style tourney? Do you have a large turn out for non-SD people? Occasionally some Wah Lum people participate but there's not a lot of CMA around here. I'd love to see some more come up (or down) for the tournament.

Shaolin-Do
07-29-2003, 08:44 AM
Not sure... I know eagle claw and mantis are the only thing really taught in austin...
You plan on makin the trip?
:)

Judge Pen
07-29-2003, 08:48 AM
No I'm not planning on it. Too far away and I can't justify the time off from work, but I'll be in Lexington for Sin's tourney.

It does seem that Master Mullins is going down to Texas more often. Do you think some of you guys will come up here in November?

Shaolin-Do
07-29-2003, 09:08 AM
Sure of it.
I believe we are chartering a bus as a matter of fact. :)
I LOVE my job sometimes... :)
Today Im bout to go fire up the grill outback for some potential clients, and drink bud light.

Brad
07-29-2003, 01:17 PM

Oso
07-29-2003, 01:27 PM
There would have to be big prize money for me to go to Johnson City, TN. ewww.

Judge Pen
07-29-2003, 01:41 PM
Sorry. No prize money that I know of.

Oso
07-29-2003, 01:47 PM
then how in the world would they get anybody to travel to JC?

I mean, you've been there, right?;)

Judge Pen
07-30-2003, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I've been there. But when I go to a tournement, I'm not worried about the night life of a town! :)

Shaolin-Do
07-30-2003, 11:16 AM
Sheeeot....
Theres wimmins everywhere. I plan on making the most out of my trip.

Oso
07-30-2003, 11:27 AM
I'm not talking about the nightlife, I was too scared to stay to even see what it was like. I'll give JC credit for having a reasonably large used book store where I picked up a couple of 1st ed. Heinlein's...but that's about it.

Carefull SD, the wimmins there have this really wicked hairstyle: The Claw. If they don't like you they let you get close enough for one kiss and then WHAK, next thing you know your lying on the floor of the bar with your throat sliced open.

Judge Pen
07-30-2003, 11:37 AM
Big Tennessee hair is a scary thing! The tournament is fun even if the rules don't allow full contact.

Oso, what tournament are you training for?

Shaolin-Do
07-30-2003, 11:41 AM
"Big Tennessee hair is a scary thing!"
:confused:

eh?

Like mullets in the front?

Oso
07-30-2003, 12:04 PM
kinda like a reverse mullet but sharper.

to get this back on topic so we don't get deleted...

What defense would you use to defend against this attack?

It would be like a head but with a sharp edge attached.

I would try to palm the underside of the chin to keep that thing away from me. However, some are longer than others so she might actually have reach on you.

JP

this one

http://www.usjujitsu.net/news/nationals2003/index.htm

Judge Pen
07-30-2003, 12:12 PM
Oso,

How did you get interested in that tournament? Read the flyer and the rules. Do you cross-train any?

Oso
07-30-2003, 12:19 PM
I wrestled in HS. Both of my kf teachers to date have been big on knowing how to get to the ground and what to do there.

After moving to Asheville in 2001 and trying to find a good job and getting my school going I didn't get much time to train. With all that fairly settled this spring I started looking for some locals to train with. Went to a karate school I knew of that had a good rep and they have a jujitsu only class. I started training with them and the tourny came up.

The rule set favors karate kumite fighters with it's punching limitations and admonishment to pull back from full contact strikes but the only pads worn are the cotton hand and shin/instep pads. I have seen a tape of the 98 World's and saw a few things get busted and broken in the bouts. Should be fun.

Judge Pen
07-30-2003, 12:51 PM
Let me know how it goes.

Oso
07-30-2003, 01:27 PM
I will. I hope to have video and will post it to my website.

Unless of course, I get my azz creamed:D