PDA

View Full Version : anyone wants to give a short?

Phenix
07-29-2003, 03:28 PM
anyone wants to give a short to answer the questions?

---------------------------
<<bottom line. define the following:
1) five element hands potential concept of Fujien white crane
2) localized tensing system and non-localized tensing system-what is it, how are they used ? be as explicit as possible thanx>>TenTigers
----------------------------

Originally posted by Rolling_Hand

<<HI RH,

those are pretty common information in WCK filed today, There is no different between me and others, I think, just to on top of my head without thinking........ Joy to YY to Rene to Dan to ..planet WC... john...... alots of people in the forum ..and you.... all be able to discuss with Ten Tiger. See what great things can come out of it. >>HS

--Too bad that all the people who know how to answer the questions are late night talk show hosts.--RH

Phenix
07-29-2003, 03:33 PM
my short :

1st : http://hk.geocities.com/yongchunwhitecrane/

2nd : http://tai-chiworks.com/huang.php

Rolling_Hand
07-29-2003, 03:59 PM
Hendrik said:
<<As for listerning and issueing power, IMHO, In my understanding, when one's practice based on localized tensing system. That is a different type of sensing and power issue to non-localized tensing system.>> -HS

<<"WCK is more close to White Crane's five elements hands potential concept then Hung Gar.">>HS

<<"As for listerning and issueing power, IMHO, In my understanding, when one's practice based on localized tensing system. That is a different type of sensing and power issue to non-localized tensing system.>>HS"

Ten Tigers said:
--could you elaborate? you seem to know what you are talking about, so let's get some detail, instead of simply posing questions.--TenTigers

Hi Hendrik,
I have to agree with TenTigers on this one -"Could you elaborate?"

Quote:
---------------------------
<<Hey Phenix, when yer done dreaming/training, can you answer the questions? -rather than walking the bow? So far all you have done is misquote, or quote out of context, and draw incorrect conclusions>>TenTigers

<<bottom line. define the following:
1) five element hands potential concept of Fujien white crane
2) localized tensing system and non-localized tensing system-what is it, how are they used ? be as explicit as possible thanx>>TenTigers
----------------------------

Phenix
07-29-2003, 04:06 PM
http://www.byrononline.net/taojones/HUANG.HTM

an example elaborate by real people is better then 200kbyte :D
sorry still no southern shao lin but white crane Secrete teaching and taiji...

......Master Huang met G.M. Cheng Man-Ching in 1949 in Taiwan. He kneeled to and was accepted by him, the first Tai Ji exponet who had been able to deal comfortably with Master Huang's White Crane in a friendly test of skills. Master Ben Lo Pang Jang of San Francisco, a famous student of G.M. Cheng, was present in those early days and he told me that when Master Huang first attended Cheng's school he was already able to throw normal people 10 metres using his White Crane hands, but the relaxed students of G.M. Cheng could escape his push to some extent.

Because of this, at first G.M. Cheng refused to believe that Master Huang had not learnt Tai Ji somewhere before but then Master Huang showed G.M. Cheng the secret White Crane training manual handed down from his Daoist teachers containing on the first page the characters: Sung, Sung, Sung; meaning: Relax, Relax, Relax; and on the second: Yi, YI ,Yi: meaning: Mind, Mind, Mind, ....

The heaven is vast and the earth is board, the sea is deep...
How much has one seen? How much more one doesn't?
All phenomenon is empty and devoid of self-existance.
All phenomenon is impermenent......

PaulH
07-29-2003, 05:10 PM
Hendrix,

I am greatly amused when I hear:
"All phenomenon is empty and devoid of self-existance.
All phenomenon is impermenent......"

They must be gods then for what mortal men among us did see all such phenomenons in the brief history of the human race to say this statement so confidently about the vast universe and its largely unknown past .

Much words and wisdoms are written by fallible men. Trust but verify.

Phenix
07-29-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by PaulH
Hendrix,

I am greatly amused when I hear:
"All phenomenon is empty and devoid of self-existance.
All phenomenon is impermenent......"

They must be gods then for what mortal men among us did see all such phenomenons in the brief history of the human race to say this statement so confidently about the vast universe and its largely unknown past .

Much words and wisdoms are written by fallible men. Trust but verify.

Pual,

Certainly. Can't take everything without examining.

I still remember in one of the WCK ad long time ago which involve Late sifu WSL. The ad is the drawing of Na Cha. He was riding his wind fire wheels and have more then one pair of hands.....

no abiding thus every pairs of hands like Kannon of ten thousand hands will be of use.
Empty thus will always has place for every great things.
Devoid of self thus equal in treating every things without over look due to errogant...
Impermanent thus it always fill with chance to change for better dynamicly... riding on the always roll wind fire wheels....

To night we all go to bed, dis regard of we like it or not we release our contiousness and our "universe". Tomorrow if we didn't wake up. What's left? No one can step on the same water flow twice. No one can live in the same second twice... Impermanent indeed, however, it doesn't have to persimistic or negative, in fact, it is the wind fire wheels ride... hot and exciting!

Sweet dream.

PaulH
07-30-2003, 09:40 AM
Hendrix,

I like it. I think you sum up eloquently the distilled wisdom found in the Book of Change. And its reaching influence can be seen and felt readily in WCK fighting and training methodology. Na Cha riding on the rolling wheel, Kannon and his thousand hands as well as the all encompassing dance of Shiva are indeed powerful genius works of art pointing to the interdependence and interconnectedness of all things in the cosmos.

What if we assume wrongly that these fingers only point to this limited and confined cosmos. What if they point to another dimension outside of space and time and outside of the scope of human understanding and wisdom where things do not change for they don't have to. Afterall, we change because there is this inherent drive in us from the ever-present flaws or imperfection toward a better fixs or perfection next time. Absolute things do not change for they are perfect and complete. I am not content to merely change harmonizing myself with marvelous things in this world but I dream of Absolute and Perfection Being. "Be still and know that I am God".

Regards,

Phenix
07-30-2003, 10:46 AM
Paul,

Hopefully, all next generation people can form thier own ideas from philoshophy to implementation. From theoritical to applications.....
Mastering the ancient and modern teaching and technology..... Then, form thier own way.

IMHO.
Holding to old Kuen Kuit without understanding what is it indetails and get the transmission is a kiss of death of holding an Advertisement without know what in it. Holding to old traditional without examine is it suitable for today's world is about dying slowly. We have to know exactly what is what and then proceed to make everything even better.. When WCK is so strong that it is untouchable but the heart is always fill with helping others and forget about oneself. That will be a good mile-stone...

Matrix WCK ---- we have the wisdom and technology, we have the no abiding flow of change, Mind activate instantaneous force issuing, the dark sun glasses, and elegant designer dress... :D

Buddha didn't say he cannot have cool dressing? :D

Ernie
07-30-2003, 02:32 PM
hendrix
dude i was bored so...
Holding to old Kuen Kuit without understanding what is it indetails and get the transmission is a kiss of death of holding an Advertisement without know what in it. Holding to old traditional without examine is it suitable for today's world is about dying slowly. We have to know exactly what is what and then proceed to make everything even better.. When WCK is so strong that it is untouchable but the heart is always fill with helping others and forget about oneself. That will be a good mile-stone...

how about letting all the old metaphorical , nostalgic , over complicated , rubix cube definition, bored a $$ people back in the day trying to fill the void between birth and death , self righteous ,pompous egotistical , may my words live on through history krap go .
and just simple see a punch as a punch a kick as a kick and everything in-between is just developed attributes and experience , no mystical , closed door , mountain top , walk on water , read between the lines blown out of proportion , hey look at me I'm a scholar/monk/anarchist that spent to much time reading old books and un locking the secrets of life instead of just living life , so now I have to justify all that lost time , explanations to further complicate the next generation and put them in the same trap I fell for , and so on

just simple explanations of body mechanics , training procedures , and experiences

if we really want to help others , shouldn't we just cut the krap and just say it how it is .
or is just to complicated to be simple.
:D :D

inspired by you and others but not directed in a malicious way , just hate bill of goods that keeps getting sold in martial arts .

insert witty come backs supported by some dead guys quotes here
:D

canglong
07-30-2003, 03:01 PM
a short honest answer is always the prefered method.

PaulH
07-30-2003, 03:39 PM
Okay, Ernie. I know you just die to listen to this.

Tell me and I may forget, show me and I may remember, involve me and I will understand. —Chinese Proverb.

You see simplicity won't cut it, too simple and you will just bore people to death. The secret of better communication is can you capture your audience and involve them with your ideas. Can you engage their attention and interest?

Okay, for example what is the real art of l.i.s.t.en? It's s.i.l.e.n.t. Got your brain going. Didn't I? Ha! Ha!

Ernie
07-30-2003, 04:04 PM
oh no it's more of that fortune cookie kung fu
paul everybody can understand a kick in the nutts , simply kick them in the nutts no need to bore them to death with the details .

only some one that really understands something inside and out , from first hand experience can then simply explain it .
all that other fluff is just repeating some one elses words cuz you lack your own voice , and experience , if any thing it makes you look less informed , since you can't can't describe it with out stealing from another person......

back to fortune cookie fu

PaulH
07-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Ha! The political correct word is borrow. More fortune telling fu for you:

I not only use all the brains I have but all that I can borrow.
- Thomas Woodrow Wilson
(1856–1924) 28th US president 1913-21, president of Princeton; sponsored League of Nations

Okay, I'm out. Got real fortune at work.

Phenix
07-30-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Ernie
hendrix

... how about letting all the old metaphorical , nostalgic , over complicated , rubix cube definition, bored a $$ people back in the day trying to fill the void between birth and death , self righteous ,pompous egotistical , may my words live on through history krap go ....

Tree without root can't live.
Tree with fake root is not going to fool the nature.
Breathing is boring why not cut it out?

Ernie
07-30-2003, 05:40 PM
man with head to far up his own but will have no need to breath.
or need any tree's ,
except to make paper , to write about the tree , then wipe his but when his head finally pops out , and comes to reality :D

sorry bro but all this double talk is a load , if you can't just make it simple , and applicable to combat or training
then your like a lawer just adding layer upon layer of useless dialogue .
which is great if you want to describe a sunset , but this is about fighting , and finding better ways to train .

but then again maybe i can chant my foes away .........

[Censored]
07-30-2003, 06:17 PM
and just simple see a punch as a punch a kick as a kick

With an attitude like this, who can justify 300+ posts? :p

Ernie
07-30-2003, 10:31 PM
that's easy most of my post are about skill development or concept application , and personal experience .
you know simple honest striaght forward modern events ,
no complicated mumbo jumbo smoke screen stuff how about you

Savi
07-30-2003, 11:03 PM
You pretty much have two types of fighters:

1) fighters that know 'What' to do (technique-based), and...

2) fighters that know 'What' to do AS WELL AS 'Why' they do what they do (concept-based).

Some people can only walk the walk, others can talk the talk AND walk the walk.

The ones that only talk the walk aren't fighters at all.

canglong
07-30-2003, 11:44 PM
Well said Savi, keepin' it real 24/7/365

Ernie
07-31-2003, 12:00 AM
interesting more borrowed phrases , o.k. i'll play
what do you consider yourself a walker/talker or a talker /talker or a person that just lives off toher peoples experiences or a actual doer

24/7/365

talking is easy ,
doing with consistancy now that is something else

hunt1
07-31-2003, 04:39 AM
Savi you are very wrong.
2 types of fighters. Those with fear. Those without fear. Fear being at the moment of action.
Knowing what to do and why are merely stages of learning.

Ernie while I agree with keeping things clear,consise and simple there is true value in thinking about the wing chun kuit and what they are trying to convey. They are an attempt to help us learn how to fight using wing chun. I have seen far to many free sparring events where the wing chun participants fight like bad kickboxers, side on stance ,boxing hands etc.

Phenix
07-31-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by hunt1
Savi you are very wrong.
2 types of fighters. Those with fear. Those without fear. Fear being at the moment of action.
Knowing what to do and why are merely stages of learning.

Ernie while I agree with keeping things clear,consise and simple there is true value in thinking about the wing chun kuit and what they are trying to convey. They are an attempt to help us learn how to fight using wing chun. I have seen far to many free sparring events where the wing chun participants fight like bad kickboxers, side on stance ,boxing hands etc.

Hunt1,

IMHO, if one has to think twice about how or what to do or can do then one is no longer a fighter. Just finished it right?

Master Wang in above web has the white crane kuit. Yang family has a special way of teaching different types of fajing...
They have proven themselve on the capabilities of thier family.

May be you want to eleborate the two questions Ten Tiger post since Rolling Hand asked.

Ernie,
if WCK is qouting to have Chan but doesn't even has the process to attain the Unmoveable mind which is the core of Chan or the Zhen Mind.

Then, you are right, a punch just a punch because one doesn't need that "Chan" which is just an "empty" advertisement talk for marketing.

Kuit is not about just saying,

it is about process..... Thus, it will show if it is just a copy or make up. Or has beef in it.

For example the Chang San Feng classic has lots of beef in it. A punch is not a punch. as it said " in Every movement the whole body is light and agile, and, it is linking......."
That is very different from make up such as " OH I HAVE CHAN. YING AND YANG. ... Oh MY SIFU KNOWS IT ALL. OH THIS IS VERY SECRET. BELIEVE IN ME, GIVE ME YOUR WORRIED. GIVE ME OUR CAR....."

Phenix
07-31-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by canglong
a short honest answer is always the prefered method.

Certainly, know Chan? Yes or no that simple.

Ernie
07-31-2003, 07:54 AM
hunt 1
wing chun kuit

these are simple as well , they are just concepts and if you look around any highly skilled fighter will inbody these skills and concepts to one degree or another not just a wing chun person,
if they guys sparring were sloppy it's not the sparring that made them sloppy it was just them they lacked skill and experience , many people don't know how to use a sparring situation to develop specific skill , they just get all huffy and try to stop one an other.
speed, timing, power,distance , and adaptability that's it
if you are over doing any of the above you are un balanced and it will show .
add in emotional control , that comes from experience , add in conditioning , being able to relax and breath under pressure
no need for any mystical fortune cookie explinations just simple english.
now the trick is to have a training enviroment that is condusive to produce these skills and mental intent ,
that is the information we should be trading and sharing , clear away the smoke and see things for what they are.......

hendrix
dude i know you are clever and mean well , i also know that you know your $hit , just remove all the all the mixoplexoseudospiritual blah blah blah so that people can truly benifit from your information , if you really have a deep understanding you should be able to explain it to a third grader in some very clear basic way.

if WCK is qouting to have Chan but doesn't even has the process to attain the Unmoveable mind which is the core of Chan or the Zhen Mind.

wing chun borrows idea's it doesn't need the whole essence to work, ''hey the original jkd''
the idea's are not just chan , they are universal to a combat or any amental or athletic endever , were mind and body control and focus are needed .
A punch is not a punch. as it said " Every movement whole body is light and agile, and, it is linking
this idea , skill is universal , boxers have it
it's just a matter of attributes , and how you develop them , experience and what you gain from it .
wing chun just happen to come from china , so it took from what was around to draw it's concepts ,
had it been anywere else iit would have taken from what ever that country had to offer .
see the words used are not that important it's the idea expressed that has wieght.
so why not remove the whole spiritual rainbow find my pot of gold lucky charms krap
and speak on the skills and attributes and experiences
is it really that hard to let go of the shroud of mystery

[Censored]
07-31-2003, 10:36 AM
hendrix
dude i know you are clever and mean well , i also know that you know your $hit , just remove all the all the mixoplexoseudospiritual blah blah blah so that people can truly benifit from your information , if you really have a deep understanding you should be able to explain it to a third grader in some very clear basic way.

Perhaps this forum needs some membership criteria. Like, everyone who posts must be able to read, write, and comprehend at a fourth grade level? Or above?

If the water is too deep here, try the VTAA kiddie-pool.

so why not remove the whole spiritual rainbow find my pot of gold lucky charms krap
and speak on the skills and attributes and experiences
is it really that hard to let go of the shroud of mystery

Pardon me for being blunt. Stop behaving like an 8 year old. If you can't follow the threads that is a personal problem. We are not your babysitters.

canglong
07-31-2003, 11:31 AM
hunt1,
Every man knows fear.

Ernie,
What we consider ourselves to be what others perceive us to be and what we actually are can vary and true enough can be quite simple or very complex, so its relative but subjective.
speed, timing, power,distance , and adaptability If you could elaborate or define in detail your understanding of these attributes a little more I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

hunt1
07-31-2003, 01:10 PM
canglong. No, not at the moment of action they do not.

Phenix you are right on. Thought is the weakness. To fight and win you must act without thought. pure reaction and nothing else. What many seem to miss is that Chi Sao in its best form trains away thought. It allows one to remove the brain from the fighting equation. The worst aspect of sparring is that it trains thought. Those that have been there understand.

chris
07-31-2003, 02:08 PM
>>>Some people can only walk the walk, others can talk the talk AND walk the walk.

>>>The ones that only talk the walk aren't fighters at all

And the ones that only walk the walk fail to realize wing chun's
full potential.

Ernie
07-31-2003, 02:22 PM
censored
i prefer things blunt as long as there honest and have fact to back them up.
as for not understanding , i can follow the threads fine , and having colorful defenitions are fine and show your fine vocabulary
but , there is way to much mis leading , metaphrical , hidden meaning , '' secret '' krap in martial arts , it's like the scholars got bored and over complicated everything , perhaps you are looking for spiritual enlightenment , well then go be a monk ,
combat is combat , useing long dragged out descriptions , only hurts the student and makes the teacher appear to have some secret .
i still stand by my statement if you really know something you don't need to hype it up or hide it behind rainbows , and sunrises and immovable minds ,
translation , be calm and relaxed under pressure , have focus and intent , don't be distracted by what the other person is doing , play your game not theres ,
it's not rocket science ,
but maybe your one of those '' can you hear the grasshopper at my feet types ''

p.s. by all means please be blunt at least it shows your true self .

canglong

If you could elaborate or define in detail your understanding of these attributes a little more I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

no problem
everything you do in relation to combat or sport or some kind of confrontation is based off these skills . and how they relate to each other.

speed .
there are a few variables to speed
1. initiation speed = explosiveness you 0 to a 100
it could be foot work limb speed , throwing a ball what ever

2. combination speed = how quickly you can flow from action to action

3. eye speed = how fast you percieve something

4. reaction speed = how fast you react to said percieved event .

i'll keep these brief i don't want to write a essay.

power

1.raw power = easiest just pure physical strength

2.structual power = body linkage and alighnment in relation to a specific point
[ 1and 2 ] are static in general
3. power in motion = momentum/ body wieght distribution/ co ordination of the linkage to release power '' from a wing chun punch to a pitchers throw or a football tackle .
4 . emotional power = tapping in to your primitave self
5. mind and body unified = putting it all together to create maximum potential.

distance
to control your spacial relationship with respect to another person or event

timing
it is the most simple to describe but the hardest to cultivate
it's the ''when'' . this comes from the others combined with experience . you see all the others describe a physical attribute , which is easy to get just put in hard work but timing is perception, when to kick or punch , this just takes tons of flight time .
but with this all other skills come to life .
no matter how powerful you are or how fast you are or how calm or sensitivee or what ever if you don't know when to use the right amount of each and at the right time , it's useless.

and adaptability
this is also born of experience and knowing your own strentghs and limitations , this is when you change , and or let go of what ever isn't working emotionally or physically and move on to the next favorable situation or position .
[ don't keep trying to force something ] but if you don't have a foundation in lines of atttack and hand and body routes , or experience you won't have a next toll or concept or position to go to ............

each of these can and shouldn be cultivated seperatly and in combination with the others since the form the backbone of all action.
just for a ruff comparrison, look at the game of basket ball were every body is useing the same techniques , what makes the greats stand out usually it's the fact that they have superior attributes .
not any mystical deep understanding of the tao
o.k. that's a short summary if you are really interested , contact me on the side there are many ways to improve and break down each attribute , i got no problem sharing .....

Phenix
07-31-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by hunt1
canglong. No, not at the moment of action they do not.

Phenix you are right on. Thought is the weakness. To fight and win you must act without thought. pure reaction and nothing else. What many seem to miss is that Chi Sao in its best form trains away thought. It allows one to remove the brain from the fighting equation. The worst aspect of sparring is that it trains thought. Those that have been there understand.

/************** the unfettered mind ****************/
If one puts his mind in the action of his opponent's body, his mind will be taken by the action of his opponent's body.

If he puts his mind in his opponent's Tan(sword), his mind will be taken by that Tan(sword).

If he puts his mind in thoughts of his opponent's intention to strike him, his mind will be taken by thoughts of his opponent's intention to strike him.

If he puts his mind in his own Tan(sword), his mind will be taken by his own Tan(sword).

If he puts his mind in his own intention of not being struck, his mind will be taken by his intention of not being struck.

If he puts his mind in the other man's (YJKYM) stance, his mind will be taken by the other man's (YJKYM) stance.

What this means is that there is no place to put the mind.
/****************************************/

- so where do we put our minds during ChiSau? -YY

Phenix
07-31-2003, 03:02 PM
"mind and body unified = putting it all together to create maximum potential." ---

Great, can a three year old understand this above? so how to know there is a mind ? Putting it all together with a smoothy blender? strawberry and Banana? :D

Speed, Raw power... Great if one can always stay at 22 years old FOREVER.

" .... The side door art
uses fast to defeat slow. The strong to bullie the weak. ,,,
what is this got to do with the mastering of handling Force? ..." --TaiJi Classic.

Ernie
07-31-2003, 03:10 PM
hendrix
so where do we put our minds during ChiSau? -YY
that's easy you don't
your in a moment you don't step out of the moment to analyze the moment , then you would lose the moment .
this is cutivated through experience just spar enough and you will see all great fighters and thatletes have this ability nothing special or secret .
the cool thing is to read theo other person and detect when the have lost the moment ...........and then zapem

Speed, power, timing..... Great if one can always stay at 22 years old FOREVER.
i love this statement cus it's a load , i'm 35 and getting stronger and faster due to experience , my teacher is fifty plus and faster then me due to experience
if you still need supreme power and speed in your old age cus you still getting in fights , your an idiot and don't need martial arts but a good head doctor ,

if you trainin your attributes the will always be better then if you didn't train them , no matter what age , whats wrong with self improvement ?

Ernie
07-31-2003, 03:11 PM
hendrix
so where do we put our minds during ChiSau? -YY
that's easy you don't
your in a moment you don't step out of the moment to analyze the moment , then you would lose the moment .
this is cultivated through experience just spar enough and you will see all great fighters and thatletes have this ability nothing special or secret .
the cool thing is to read theo other person and detect when the have lost the moment ...........and then zapem

Speed, power, timing..... Great if one can always stay at 22 years old FOREVER.
i love this statement cus it's a load , i'm 35 and getting stronger and faster due to experience , my teacher is fifty plus and faster then me due to experience
if you still need supreme power and speed in your old age cus you still getting in fights , your an idiot and don't need martial arts but a good head doctor ,

if you trainin your attributes the will always be better then if you didn't train them , no matter what age , whats wrong with self improvement ?

Phenix
07-31-2003, 03:19 PM
Now you are starting to talk about some 3 year old oreven may be a 3 years old WCner can't comprehend. :D

What is a Moment? ...:D

"whats wrong with self improvement ? " --Ernie

What's wrong with Chan way of teaching the NO- Abiding? or the Immoveable wisdom? :D

/************** the unfettered mind ****************/
If one puts his mind in the action of his opponent's body, his mind will be taken by the action of his opponent's body.

If he puts his mind in his opponent's Tan(sword), his mind will be taken by that Tan(sword).

If he puts his mind in thoughts of his opponent's intention to strike him, his mind will be taken by thoughts of his opponent's intention to strike him.

If he puts his mind in his own Tan(sword), his mind will be taken by his own Tan(sword).

If he puts his mind in his own intention of not being struck, his mind will be taken by his intention of not being struck.

If he puts his mind in the other man's (YJKYM) stance, his mind will be taken by the other man's (YJKYM) stance.

What this means is that there is no place to put the mind.
/****************************************/

It is always great to have those old dead guys to write thier Kuit and teaching. comprehend a kuit is much much easier then be a guine (sp) pig or re-invent the wheel. :D

So does WCK has Chan? Does WCK has to rely on those Kuen Kuit to proof it has Chan? Or One is doing Chan while doing WCK?
Well, Depend if one still believe abiding to a certain origin of coordinate and function in the graph. Free will.

"if you still need supreme power and speed in your old age cus you still getting in fights , your an idiot and don't need martial arts but a good head doctor ," --Ernie

Certainly very very true!

thus some one has to introduce those mombojumbo and rainbow..... so that : 1, the brain doesn't get stuck and rigid at while aging. 2, don't need a head doctor.:D

Ernie
07-31-2003, 03:31 PM
hendrix
Now you are starting to talk about some 3 year old or a 3 years old WCner can't comprehend
i have met 10 year old wc'ner that can't comprehend and never will , you got me there ,

as for a three year old in general , he is to busy getting potty trained :D :D :D

hendrix these skills '' the moment '' is not that difficult to understand if you simply put yourself in the moment , you will start to recognize it .
timing is another word for the moment .

What's wrong with Chan way of teaching the NO- Abiding? or the Immoveable wisdom?
nothing but in application to combat and relation to a aggressive person , it's better to keep things simple

i have always enjoyed and followed what you said , you have great information that's why i poked fun at the choice in dialogue ,
to draw out the essence .

the more metaphisical the conversation or concept gets the more ghetto i get to draw it back to a balance between the to.
from now on i will answer you in eboinics :D

Phenix
07-31-2003, 03:41 PM
Ernie,

Great post!

There is a story in Buddhism (prepare for the mombojumbo :D)

A young monk is practising meditaiton deep in the mountain.
And, there is a demon who always come to haunt him.
So, he is scare and run away. and do not do meditation anymore.

So, then, obviously, who to called? Ghost Buster, right?
Yup, he went and talked to his sifu. So, sifu told him next time you see the demon just call him by his name --- @#$%%.

The young monk didn't believe his sifu. So he keeps asking does it works? sifu says yes. try it.

so, the young monk went back to the mountain and meditate....
the demon came and the young monk in a very scary tone called out the @#$%% and run because he doesn;t have confident about if it works. Well, after a while the demon didn't chase him. So he knows it works.

There on, it is not a demon, it is not something scary, it is not something ..... it just simple a name @#$%% one can keep in one's mind and retrive effortlessly.

So, if everyone knows the mombojumbo @#$%% they will not scare of the demon. Now, if one keep the @#$%% in the closet as secrete or the original or the ...... then everyone will always scare about the demon and always think those ghost buster has special techincs. Nothing to scare, it is just it is. Nothing special once one knows about it. :D

People can hates me about telling all the stories and the @#$%%. But, if I don't tell can you sleep well? those stories are boring so one can sleep without sleeping pills. those @#$%% are mumbojumbo words. So may be in one's dream if one meet a demon one can tried it out and doesn't has to scare. :D

kj
07-31-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Phenix
People can hates me about telling all the stories and the @#$%%.

Nuh uh! I enjoy stories, especially like the one above. :)

But, if I don't tell can you sleep well?
those stories are boring so one can sleep without sleeping pills. those @#$%% are mumbojumbo words. So may be in one's dream if one meet a demon one can tried it out and doesn't has to scare. :D

Fortunately, the demons haven't been bothering me too much lately, at least as far as I can tell. But I can sure go for a good night's sleep! If your stories will do the trick, keep 'em coming ol' buddy!!. :D

Regards,
- kj

Ernie
07-31-2003, 04:12 PM
but if he new that demons wern't real , since they don't exist , that it was just simply a man with the same strentghs and weakness as his own , then there would be no need for demons or stories of such , or sifu's with the key , just a man and his abilities and experience .

but that would make the world a little to boring eh.

be who you are my friend for there is no other person you should be , speak in tongue's and cryptic riddles , seek to inspire profound thought ,
for that is who you are ,

but don't suprised if from time to time , when you touch on a great cobative point ,if it gets lost in all the sunny days and daisy talk , i creep up and speak from my'' ignant'' point of view
be well and thanks for the dialogue

Phenix
07-31-2003, 04:24 PM
Hi KJ,

I have plenty of Kava

http://www.cieloherbals.com/cgi-bin/edc2/CEBstore.pl?user_action=detail&catalogno=KAVA

so I can sleep in these jobless or no job abiding time. :D

Ernie,

Feel free to check on me. See if "I":D always in that "Moment " even when "I "whining. :D

"I" :D don't believe in fighting in WCK.
"I" believe in walk through one's opponent why fight?

If you watch the movie "Hero" and the simulation between Jet Li and Yuen..... just walk through it like a rainbow into and passed the opponent.... Well, you might call this metalphysics.:D.... Nah, "I" am a Chip designer. "I" believe in visualization, simulation, and emulation and those seems unrelated 3rd order effect. So, the first short always on target then the rest is simple... :D hahaha. I am %#&^* again.

Ernie
07-31-2003, 04:37 PM
'' I ''
will
will
'' I ''

i liked the whole hero mind fighting water drop thing :D

kj
07-31-2003, 07:03 PM
I have plenty of Kava

http://www.cieloherbals.com/cgi-bin/edc2/CEBstore.pl?user_action=detail&catalogno=KAVA

Whoa! Now that's a mouthwash that hits the spot! :D

Regards,
- kj

P.S. Then again, there is always an "Oh darn!" (http://www.drweil.com/app/cda/drw_cda.html-command=TodayQA-questionId=31235-pt=Question) lurking out there. :(

yylee
07-31-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Ernie

2.structual power = body linkage and alighnment in relation to a specific point
[ 1and 2 ] are static in general

really? I thought structural power is always there even when moving. :)

when you do Chi Sau, do you just turn on structure at the two "end-ponts" (one guy does Bong/Fuk, the other Tan/Fuk). Or the structure is always there while rolling?

Ernie
07-31-2003, 09:48 PM
depends on if i'm static recieving pressure , or riderecting pressure , or i'm giveing forward intent , [ this would be more for poon sau and pressure and stance training .
if you are just training structre in the recieving sense you can isolate it and be static
if you apply footwork and forward intent then it would have motion and linkage different power .

mainly i just maniputlate center cause the person to have a false sense of center , so the get behind my timing seeking it or give them a false read so they head in the direction i'm not .

Phenix
07-31-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by yylee

really? I thought structural power is always there even when moving. :)

when you do Chi Sau, do you just turn on structure at the two "end-ponts" (one guy does Bong/Fuk, the other Tan/Fuk). Or the structure is always there while rolling?

So go rainbow? is rainbow static of dynamic? :D

yylee
07-31-2003, 10:12 PM

So go rainbow? is rainbow static of dynamic? :D

so what color of light is not a wave?

does rainbow always show 7 colors? or sometimes more towards one color and less on others? Can you "see" the color adjusting?

BTW, did you see any Rainbow up at the Yosemeti mountains? Or are you just dreaming of the golden summit while hiking. :D

Phenix
07-31-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by yylee

so what color of light is not a wave?

does rainbow always show 7 colors? or sometimes more towards one color and less on others? Can you "see" the color adjusting?

BTW, did you see any Rainbow up at the Yosemeti mountains? Or are you just dreaming of the golden summit while hiking. :D

without sun light there is no rainbow.
Without the water vapor there is no rainbow.
sun constantly shifting
Water vapor shift with the wind.

try to locate the rainbow and always so close but so far.

Goldern Summit?
That is not rainbow but the light of OM Samanthabadra Hum. The Boddishatva of Great Impulse. KangXi the emperor of Qing or one of the top ten greatest emperors of China visited Emei wants to meet Samanthabadra. He saw him and asking for the way of long life. Certainly he was disappointed.