PDA

View Full Version : Ironfist, strength sans equipment

abobo
07-30-2003, 09:55 PM
I'm trying to help out a buddy of mine who is a newbie at strength training and also doesn't want to get any equipment.

My suggestions for workouts are mainly drawn from Combat Conditioning and scrapper's stuff.

However, a while back when asked the same question I said "I dunno, maybe dynamic tension..."

I think he likes dynamic tension more than the other stuff, but I doubt that it would be as effective.

So that case, do you think Stone Warrior would be a good workout? I don't really know much about it though. Can you fill me in?

The goal here is as much general strength possible without equipment, size optional.

Ka
07-30-2003, 11:35 PM
I don't know if this was what you are after but this guys site is a good read and the excersies are great.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/shenandoah/OBB/OBB.html[/url]

Hope thats usefull

Elxen
07-30-2003, 11:45 PM
Hope thats usefull [/B]

won't be of much help, unless you're looking for a gay friend or sumthing

Ka
07-31-2003, 01:22 AM
Don't know where you went mate,but the link works fine
Try it again

IronFist
08-02-2003, 02:06 PM
I wrote a huge thing about Stone Warrior a few years ago, but I don't know if that message is still here on the server or not. The thing with stone warrior is, first it costs $100, and secondly it takes like 6 weeks to get it in the mail. I don't really know how well it would work because when I was doing it I didn't know very much about nutrition so I didn't eat nearly enough for me to gain much weight.

It will however, give you lots of endurance for sustained muscular effort, since, depending on how long you do it for, it can be anywhere from 10-90 minutes of non-stop dynamic tension.

It kind of lacks for the legs, however. Since for the entire thing requires you to stand in a horse stance (or a couple of times a few different stances, like a goat stance or whatever you call that one with your knees together). There is no strength gained through range of motion in the legs.

If he isn't a martial artist, it probably wouldn't benefit him any, since nearly all of the 21 movements are martial in nature.

IronFist

Elxen
08-04-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Ka
Don't know where you went mate,but the link works fine
Try it again

ok, it works now
****, no gay boyfriend for me this time :)