PDA

View Full Version : Know A Shaolin Two Handed Sword Form

NYerRoman
07-31-2003, 02:24 AM
Hey all.
I have to learn a two handed sword form and cannot seem to find one.
Anyone know any site/book/video/etc...?

Any suggestions on it as well?

Just open to anything since it is not so well known.

thanks.

David Jamieson
07-31-2003, 05:37 AM
Are you talking about two weapons? Or are you talking about a big sword that requires two hands on the grip to weild it?

If the former, there are videos at www.martialartsmart.com

If the latter, I don't think I've seen a video for a large sword. There might be one out there.

cheers

Judge Pen
07-31-2003, 06:06 AM
Two-handed straight sword? Go to Canada and study with Pan Quingfu. He taught Mark Salzman a two-handed straight sword form. :)

Seriously, let me know if you find a video. It would be a sweet form to see.

Brad
07-31-2003, 06:21 AM
Two-handed straight sword? Go to Canada and study with Pan Quingfu. He taught Mark Salzman a two-handed straight sword form.
Wah Lum schools teach that form too, and so does my teacher(here in Ohio)... Wah Lum also sells a video on it :)

Judge Pen
07-31-2003, 06:39 AM
That's interesting. There is a Wah Lum school in Knoxville. I may try to check it out sometime.

Brad
07-31-2003, 06:50 AM
Yeah, Wah Lum's grandmaster Chan Pui was friends with Yu Cheng Hui(the evil general from Jet Li's Shaolin Temple) who created that two handed sword form that we allways see Pan Qingfu doing. So Wah Lum distributes the guys vids. My teacher also happened to be classmates with Pan Qingfu at some point I think. My teacher also put together a two handed sword form combining Wudan sword, Baji sword, and another style which I can't pronounce :P It's a nice form, though I haven't learned it ;)

NYerRoman
08-01-2003, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I thought of the evil guy in Shaolin Temple. He's the only two handed swordsman I've ever seen in video.
I'll check out the video suggestions and let you know.
until then.
later