PDA

View Full Version : Zma?

fa_jing
07-31-2003, 12:02 PM
C'mon guys, I trust you - what's the deal with this: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/zma.html

Shaolin-Do
07-31-2003, 12:47 PM
Are you planning on taking it?
Or are you just curious of how legit it is?
If you are planning on taking suplements, what is your main goal?

fa_jing
07-31-2003, 01:02 PM
well I'm working out alot, want to get stronger and grow a little muscle. Also it supposedly boosts testosterone production which might make up for all of my weed smoking. Although I've had good success with an occasional herbal "Mens" supplement containing Saw Palmetto - that is if horniness is any indication of testosterone levels...

:eek: :cool:

1renox
07-31-2003, 01:30 PM
If you responded to Saw Palmetto, ZMA might also be effective.

Until you actually meet/know someone who used ZMA with good results, my advice is to be skeptical.

Morning works outs will increase GH, not sure of impact on test, but enhanced GH production will do wonders for almost anybody.

As an aside--Tried ZMA back when first came out. Even rolled my own after trying 2 commercial products, but no results. After trying a whole bunch of stuff between 1998 and 2001 where results were non-existant or actually opposite those advertised, finally realized suppliments don't work in general. I was also about $1500 poorer, so I guess they do work--by making money for the manufacturers.

Golden Arms
07-31-2003, 02:12 PM
ZiMA, isnt that that funky 'beer for people that dont like beer' ??

Black Jack
07-31-2003, 03:12 PM
I have tried ZMA products and experianced what I believe was a little more lean muscle mass but again I was going really hard at it that month.

I am big into natural testosterone uptake methods. If you are looking to boost your body's production of androgenic hormones like testosterone than here are some supplements for you to look at.

Zinc- Do not exceed 100 mg daily-Cuts down the enzyme aromatase which blocks testosterone. Helps boost testosterone levels. Excellent for male menopause.

Vitamin C- Helps boost testosterone levels in mega doses

Calicum D-gluconate- Blocks conversion of testosterone to estrogen

Chrysin- Prevents excess testosterone "precursors" from being converted to estrogen in the body

4-Androstenedione- Increases testosterone levels for up to 3 hours. Good for the wang and it can make you extra ***** but you can build up a tolerance to the extra penile vigor as you adjust to the new hormone levels.

HGH- Human Growth Hormone- Homepathic growth hormone which impacts testosterone

7 Keto DHEA- Does NOT convert into estrogens in the body which makes it the prime form of DHEA to use for lean muscle mass development

Tribulus terrestris (puncture vine)- Increases production of luteinizing hormone and testosterone in men. Also often found in men virility products.

Yohimbe- Stimulent that increases testosterone levels. Can leave you shaky though and their can be other side effects. Yohimbine is the standardized format and it is super good for the wang but again the speed like effects are not always that welcome.

Since I mentioned the wang- If you need a extra boast one of the best natural ways besides a good zinc intake and mens herbal formula is the amino acid L- Arginine which besides being VERY important for muscle metabolism. It maintains a proper nitrogen balance. Nitrogen oxide being a prime tool in erections. 500-2000 miligrams daily.

Other herbs for testosterone/and or sex drive/ability include saw palmetto, stinging nettles, muira puma, green oat straw, catuaba, eleuthero (siberian ginseng), schisandra, damiana, cistanche, wild yam, quebracho, among others.

1renox
07-31-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Black Jack
I have tried ZMA products and experianced what I believe was a little more lean muscle mass but again I was going really hard at it that month.

I am big into natural testosterone uptake methods. If you are looking to boost your body's production of androgenic hormones like testosterone than here are some supplements for you to look at....

Black Jack,
(Agreeing with you)
IT IS difficult to determine if the suppliment or the program is leading to enhanced performance. There's quite a bit of variability and many factors including diet, emotional state, etc and the list goes on and on.

Natural methods are the way to go.

fajing,

There's some evidence that test will increase slightly a few minutes after mast urbation (is that word censored here?).
So beat the ___ before you hit the gym. Lame jokes will be left to those more clever than I.

fa_jing
08-01-2003, 08:43 AM
please. some studies state that despite the brief peak, over the course of days it will drop your testosterone level. Besides which, I used to always have terrible workouts after sex -no energy.

I took my men's prostate health pill again yesterday evening - I noticed that it contains zinc, saw palmetto, L-Arginine, and something else - don't remember what. It's good overall, but I hate having a boner allnight - keep banging it when I roll over, Seriously.

ewallace
08-02-2003, 08:20 AM
I've heard of people getting much better sleep as a result of ZMA. And good sleep is vital to muscle growth.

Of course if you want to take ZMA to balance out the effects of the bud then just stop smoking bud! You'll save quite a bit of money too. :)

fa_jing
08-02-2003, 05:11 PM
Nope, don't have money for a shrink....;)

ewallace
08-03-2003, 07:53 PM
I know exactly what you meant by that FJ.

;)