PDA

View Full Version : EXTRA EXTRA: Notorious Aficionado Stickyhands Frustrated!

StickyHands
07-31-2003, 01:30 PM
THANK GOD SOMEONE BROUGHT THIS UP! THANKSSSS! WITH ALL THIS SH1T AND CONTROVERSY ABOUT COMPETING GIVES U AN IDEA HOW TO FIGHT IN REAL LIFE VS IT DOESNT DO ANY GOOD TO COMPETE, it's running a muck here. Then really what good is MA for? What about the internal stuff that's suppose to stop a bullet train. lol. I mean I head, ok learn boxing, cool way to defend. Then I heard learn Karate, MA always kicks the ass, it's the shizzle! Then no way, Karate is g@y, take Kung Fu, taking KF for one month will kick a Karateka of who's taking it for a year. Then it's no way, the grapplers would always win.... they can stop your punch, maximus efficiency minimum effor, the best for Self defense. And then it's HAHAH, u gotta be kidding, BJJ wipes to floor with EVERYONE! And then it's nah uh, MMA are better, cross training is the way to go.... And then it's, take Tai Chi, the chi and postures will help you, explosive fajin will make the guy land on his ASS 50 feet away. It only takes 1 year to learn how to fight 'correctly', no 3 years to master, no 10 years, no 30 years, no half a life time, no no, you gotta be dedicated, it take a life time, no your wrong, it take 3 life times, ah ur sh1tting me, it take an eternity. So take Xingyi, it's easier and more applicable and shorter... how long does it take... oh 3, 10, 50, 100, etc. Take Bagua, it's highly tactile and evasive, how long does that take, oh twice as much as Tai Chi or Xingyi. Eh take, Yi Quan, it has no chi mystical stuff, extremely anal about econonmy of motion, faster to learn.... how long does that take to learn to fight, well...... well it's internal,.... internal.... i thought there was no chi in it.... hmmmm.... it's all about postures and generation of full body power.... does that mean it will work.... isnt that what most good arts are about.... And after all that, it comes down to oh no, it's the teacher not the style, external or internal. And then there is the age old debate about sport vs the traditional. So what the fuk is effective huh? Why even take MA if one cant even be confident about what he's doing. It's like someone is insulting TKD for its sport oriented useless, but at the same time, MMA tournaments are ok. And then traditional system are cool, ok, and then someone comes along and say they are untested. No one know efficiacy for sport MAs either, nor the traditional. And whether sports or simply training for SD, no assurance whatso ever. I know it's in our nature to be hypocrites, but at least when it comes to fighting, confining to the art of savagery, can we keep the contradictions to a down lown. Da.mmit, are people who are "big" and "mighty" who wants to presumingly wants to "kill us" or ass holes in bars who are that supernatural that they can kick the cans out of someone who's training for 10 years supposedly in an art of combat and murders? Then how the hell does one train so at least you have a molecule of a chance of surviving when there is no other way but to fight?? How the hell do you train for that?? You gotta be kidding me.... USELESS!

I know that even a brick can fall from the sky and kill me, but at least Id like to give some credit to the MA I am investing so much time and pain into to be at least somewhat effective and life saving....

Shaolin-Do
07-31-2003, 01:33 PM
If you REALLY knew kung fu, then you would catch the brick before it hit you.
:D

truewrestler
07-31-2003, 01:34 PM
I can't load a paragraph with more than 1000 words into my brain.

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/highlights.htm

StickyHands
07-31-2003, 01:38 PM
That was thousand words, I wrote that only in 2 mins....

truewrestler
07-31-2003, 01:39 PM
ok, my point was ---> paragraphs are our friend

rubthebuddha
07-31-2003, 01:40 PM
rubthecarriagereturn

StickyHands
07-31-2003, 01:40 PM
my point is.... throw me a friggin bone here... i am frustrated... friend! Just fed up.

Edit: Bite Me!

shaolinboxer
07-31-2003, 01:43 PM
haha, sounds like you need more relaxation training...

StickyHands
07-31-2003, 01:45 PM
as oppose to MA training. yup, a 35 mm to my head should do the job.

MasterKiller
07-31-2003, 01:45 PM
rubthecarriagereturn What are you, like 50 or something? Who uses that term anymore?:D

rubthebuddha
07-31-2003, 02:18 PM
What are you, like 50 or something? Who uses that term anymore? :D i'm freshly 26, you old codger. now stop complaining and go take your geritol. :D

norther practitioner
07-31-2003, 02:23 PM
i'm freshly 26, you old codger. now stop complaining and go take your geritol

lmfao

(In voice of Jesper... Abe Simpsons buddy)

Who shot whom in the what now...

Oso
07-31-2003, 04:02 PM
yup, a 35 mm to my head should do the job.

a 35 mm camera???:confused:

rubthebuddha
07-31-2003, 04:15 PM
ever been hit with a camera, oso? that **** hurts, man. :mad:

Laughing Cow
07-31-2003, 04:46 PM
Stickyhands.

MA is like anything in life YOU got to make it work for yourself.
Like with any study what you get out of it is up to YOU.

Don't want to spend 10yrs on becoming proficient in an internal art, than it is up to YOU to make sure you can get it faster or leave it alone
Might mean working part-time only and giving up a lot of luxuries.

In the end it is up to YOU and how badly YOU want it.

The road is tough regardless of what style you choose but, IMHO, the majority of people on the road ain't got what it takes to become really good.

As long as your mind is filled with unnecessary glutter you won't advance fast nor become good.

What differentiates a Tiger Woods from your average weekend golfer, and so on the answer will be the same regardless of sport, style, work, etc.

Don't give into hype or follow blindly, find your own answers to your questions.

Have fun.

Xebsball
07-31-2003, 08:35 PM
son, theres no focking way im gona read all that yo

Oso
07-31-2003, 08:52 PM
rub: well sure. any object of a pound or more with pointy sides will hurt if smacked to the noggin. That's why considering the subject of: "Improvised and Available Weapons" is important.

but, (now having qualified this post with something martial) it seemed as if he was talking about some sort of gun. And '35mm' just don' make no sense.

scuze me I have to now go post an amazing analogy I just thunked up over at ORA.

Mr Punch
07-31-2003, 09:05 PM
Jesus Sticky, shut up and train!:D

rubthebuddha
07-31-2003, 11:22 PM
oso -- he could mean a slingshot, propelling a 35-millimeter-diameter rock, in which he launches it against an obstacle real close to him, causing it to ricochet off and smack him in the mug.

Oso
08-01-2003, 04:29 AM
ok, I'll give it too you since you tried so hard:D

red5angel
08-01-2003, 06:53 AM
35mm is the Canadian Metric system for 9mm. It's an overly complictaed and time consuming process to get from 35mm to 9mm and you pretty much have to be born canadian to understand it really. However I must point out that we ar elucky they have the measuring system they do, it has stopped them so far from taking over the world.