PDA

View Full Version : kfo online/ Chen Xiao Wang

yuanfen
08-02-2003, 07:11 AM
Good article on a great artist- the Chen style family standard bearer. Click on the first thread in this forum- per Gene's announcement. Thanks John.

old jong
08-02-2003, 11:59 AM
Very good article about the true goal of martial arts witch is to gain deep and solid attributes,in opposition to Technique vs technique training.

kj
08-02-2003, 05:11 PM
Exellent article!
- kj

John Weiland
08-03-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by kj
Exellent article!
- kj
It's an excellent article about an excellent martial artist. Unfortunately, the URL at the end of the article, www.ChenWangting.com, does not seem to be valid. Anyone know what it should have read?

Regards,

kj
08-03-2003, 07:31 PM
Something is amiss with that URL (e.g., wrong one, not online yet, typo, etc.).

Try these instead:
http://www.gotaiji.com/
http://www.chenxiaowang.com/

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

yuanfen
08-03-2003, 08:37 PM
KJ, John- I think you know-CXW is the real deal. One thing that CXW, Cai and Feng and the real Chen taiji greats emphasize is that the proper dynamics and flow is more important than techniques. They all do lao jia again and again and again together with tui shou.
The average taichi people dont know how to use their taichi. True for wing chun too. The way it goes.
WC does not need to imitate taichi structure but the greats are worth listening to about eating bitter and sticking with developing one's art.

John Weiland
08-04-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by yuanfen
KJ, John- I think you know-CXW is the real deal.

CXW is no one to trifle with.

One thing that CXW, Cai and Feng and the real Chen taiji greats emphasize is that the proper dynamics and flow is more important than techniques.

I guess you're saying same with Wing Chun. I agree heartily.

They all do lao jia again and again and again together with tui shou.
The average taichi people dont know how to use their taichi. True for wing chun too. The way it goes.

A surety.

WC does not need to imitate taichi structure but the greats are worth listening to about eating bitter and sticking with developing one's art.
The greats have all put in the time and the hard work to earn that title.

KJ,

Thanks for the websites.

Regards,

kj
08-04-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by yuanfen
KJ, John- I think you know-CXW is the real deal.

You got that right. He is absolutely incredible. I don't say that lightly, nor as enthusiastically about very many people, and there are a whole lot of "good" people out there. He's as close to martial arts perfection as I've yet seen.

Regardless what martial art people study, everyone should make the effort to see someone with skill of such caliber. And I'm not even on the payroll, LOL.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo