PDA

View Full Version : Is training in Martial art helping or .......

Phenix
08-03-2003, 08:33 PM
Is training in martial art helping one or might endanger one more?

A Story I have read which I don't know it is a fact or not was that one of Wong Fei-Hung's newphew (?) who Wong loves and train very well was killed in a flower boat while arguing with other rich kid about singers? so the rich kid shot him. Thus, after this young man passed away, Wong told young people who was asking him to teach that. -- the world has changed, spend more time in studying science, literature...., Kung Fu is good for health and better physical only....... .

At Penang Malaysia, around 1960, one rich kid was kidnap by people his family knew for money ransom. Since those guys know this teen was very good in Judo or some kind of champion in Teen Judo, they over dose him with tranquilize, thus end up killing him....

canglong
08-03-2003, 10:27 PM
This Question does not seem to pertain to living in the moment Hendrik. Why hide behind the question if all you really want to do is tell a story.

Fresh
08-04-2003, 04:35 AM
???????

Originally posted by canglong
This Question does not seem to pertain to living in the moment Hendrik. Why hide behind the question if all you really want to do is tell a story.

I hate to tell you fella but you show a SERIOUS problem in stalking Hendrik all over the forum like this. Its obvious your problem isn't with what Hendrik says but with Hendrik himself. The worse you try to make Hendrik look the worse YOU look. If you cant resist stalking him when you write here then maybe you should try get a life and do something productive elswhere. You could at least try writing something about wingchun for a change. Therapy might help too.

Ernie
08-04-2003, 07:43 AM
martial arts for health nah... there way better ways to get fit and not have to trade blows

in both stories it was the situation or the person that placed them selves in harms way. the first one was have a confrontation with another man about something petty , so his ego and attitude got him killed
the other was rich so his situation drew negitive attention

both should have also no been so open about being martial artist .
but now adays were people are getting shot for a lane change on the freeway everyone is at risk so the good news is we are all equal ...........:D

Phenix
08-04-2003, 07:51 AM
Hi Ernie,

So what does martial art training give us?
The invincible Style seems to be invincible only in story.....

Ernie
08-04-2003, 08:07 AM
good morning hendrik,

you get to know yourself , your strengths , your weakness , your fears,
you have to face all these as you progress
but this is also true with any human endever were you are pushed and tested ,
what do you find my friend ?

PaulH
08-04-2003, 08:26 AM
Do you guys know that the answer to this is found in the Great Seal of the US one dollar bill? Look at the bald eagle. It does not wear any crown on its head- America does not need to rely on the protection of any European monarchs. It like the eagle will be victorious because it can soar above the stormy clounds and testing weathers. While its eye looks to peace (The olive branch) it will eye more to the arrows of war if need be. Its freedom and independence is of the people by the people and for the people. Live in peace but willing to fight for its liberty. This is what Martial Art will do for you - the spirit of the soaring Eagle.

Regards,

Geezer
08-04-2003, 09:22 AM
“To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them.” - George Mason

If we stop training to defend ourselves against those that wish us harm, we are then at they're mercy!!!

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Ghandi

Sheldon

Phenix
08-04-2003, 09:33 AM
Great post Paul.

Phenix
08-04-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Ernie

what do you find my friend ?

A movie,
Bullet Proof Monk, No self thus Bullet will pass through the void and no one get hurt.

PaulH
08-04-2003, 09:59 AM
Hendrik,

How do you reconcile "No self" without losing touch of what it means to be human? I saw a picture of a mother grieved over the loss of her son in the war in the Los Angeles Times Newspaper yesterday. The emotions, feelings, and memories of her son are real. Thus so far "no self" is to me more of a mind of non-attachment to things like water touching all in its path but without grasping or holding to them. I may need it for certain moment but I can't never let go of my human emotions, feelings, and memories of things. They are fundamentally a part of me from birth.

Regards,

Phenix
08-04-2003, 10:40 AM
Hi Paul,

How do you reconcile "No self" without losing touch of what it means to be human? --P

"No self" doesn't lose touch of what it means to be human. "No self" means not to take the "self" as ultimate truth and become a burden. IMHO.
One has a choice to be right or to be happy. to demanding only Right cling to self heavily. -HS

I saw a picture of a mother grieved over the loss of her son in the war in the Los Angeles Times Newspaper yesterday. The emotions, feelings, and memories of her son are real. ---P

Certainly, it is "real" in that instance and cannot and should not be denied. But then, to live we all have to let go that "realness". Otherwise the flow of life will always stay there and stuck, then even our body will complain to us. As we see, anger can cause liver problem, Resentment cause Cancer, Type A cause Heart problem.... list goes on. That for me is the natural's way of the body telling the mind, we can't live in that state we must move on.

"I" view body and mind are both equal in position. not the master "mind" live in the body, and the "I" is the king of the "mind"; and the "thought" generate from the "I" and "mind" has to always obey and followed by physical body without question. One always place "mind" as the master and overwrite body. Say while doing SLT, does one "listern" to the voice of the body? or just tell the body to "do it' or if not " you are not good enought? "-HS

Thus so far "no self" is to me more of a mind of non-attachment to things like water touching all in its path but without grasping or holding to them. -P

Correct. However, it is not limited to mind, our breathing, our body also has a nature of Non-attachment. They all have self correct natural which is "no-self". HS

I may need it for certain moment but I can't never let go of my human emotions, feelings, and memories of things. They are fundamentally a part of me from birth. ---P

so do "I". We all just human but can be better. "I" like WCK because WCK's ancestors tries to show and communicate alots of wisdom via motion and phenomenon. To tell the story that physical body is a partner of Mind but not a slave to mind and master "I". --HS

PaulH
08-04-2003, 10:49 AM
Thanks, Hendrik. I agree.

Regards,