PDA

View Full Version : Attention: apoweyn and merry prankster

shaolin kungfu
08-04-2003, 02:06 AM
I think that's who runs the site, it doesnt give your kfm names on there.

When are you guys updating the adharma site?

Edit: Dont get me wrong, it's a great site. I was just wondering when you were planning on updating it with more videos or articles or something.:)

apoweyn
08-04-2003, 07:11 AM
Hey Shaolin kungfu,

Good question. Merry is working on some more videos. I've got a couple nonexemplary videos myself, but haven't converted them to digital yet.

As for articles, that's a good question. I've been thinking I'd just solicit 'articles' from sources as they struck me. Khun Kao's training regimen, for example, was perfect. People were interested. I was interested. So I asked if he'd mind me posting it. I think I'll probably continue to handle it that way.

I've actually been meaning to ask Brad Souders about his grappling article. I never got to read it, but it certainly generated a lot of interest.

As for a concrete answer, I'll try to get something new up this week. Thanks for checking it out. I appreciate that.

Stuart B.

apoweyn
08-04-2003, 07:24 AM
By the way, I don't want to give the impression that the site is dedicated to MMA. I'd like to post things from the other sides of the spectrum as well. But I'm trying to avoid posting something simply because it's from the other side of the spectrum. When things strike me, I'm going to inquire after them, regardless of the slant of it.

There have, of course, been lots of good comments made by people from all across the spectrum. But they're not usually long enough to constitute an 'article.'

Stuart B.

Shadowboxer
08-04-2003, 11:41 AM
My offer still stands. Take care.

-Shadowboxer

apoweyn
08-04-2003, 11:43 AM
Hey Shadowboxer. May well still take you up on it too, mate. Just haven't had much time lately.

Cheers.

Stuart

shaolin kungfu
08-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Cool. Thanks AP.:cool: :)

apoweyn
08-05-2003, 07:06 AM
No worries mate. Thanks for checking out the site.

red5angel
08-05-2003, 07:15 AM
Hey Ap, when are we going to get video of MP kicking your butt around the matt? I mean it seems only fair since this is a joint endeavor...

apoweyn
08-05-2003, 07:22 AM
It's only a matter of time, Red5.

:)

Actually, we would've probably had that up already. But I had to bail on our most recent get together.

I was actually reviewing tape of a couple of WEKAF fights I had a while back. And of my instructor test for Doce Pares eskrima. Honestly, both look kinda sad now. It struck me that when I was in prime physical condition for it, I didn't really seem to have any... instinct(?) for fighting. Now that mentally I'm more up for it, the physicality is a bigger challenge.

Irony. The other white meat.

Stuart B.

red5angel
08-05-2003, 07:27 AM
Are you gonna put those vids of you testing up? I'd be interested in seeing that.

rogue
08-05-2003, 07:29 AM
Yo MP fanboy ap, when will we see the full line of MP t-shirts, kimonos and coffee mugs? :p What about the rumours of MPs poetry and favorite techniques being compiled and published?

Signed,
MP fanboy rogue.

apoweyn
08-05-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by red5angel
Are you gonna put those vids of you testing up? I'd be interested in seeing that.

Yeah, I'm going to post them. They aren't very flattering, but what the hell. They were a point on the road. (Dear God, I've started using "path" analogies. What happened to my life?!)

Stuart B.

apoweyn
08-05-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by rogue
Yo MP fanboy ap, when will we see the full line of MP t-shirts, kimonos and coffee mugs? :p What about the rumours of MPs poetry and favorite techniques being compiled and published?

Signed,
MP fanboy rogue.

First things first, my good man. Finding enough good pictures of MP for a novelty deck of playing cards isn't as easy as it looks. And these "I fought MP, and MP won" bumper stickers don't make themselves, you know.

Stuart B.

red5angel
08-05-2003, 07:44 AM
as long as MP is fully dressed for the cards!

apoweyn
08-05-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by red5angel
as long as MP is fully dressed for the cards!

It's all fully justified artistically.

Merryprankster
08-06-2003, 02:20 AM
I see plans are being made in my absence.

How much flesh I choose to show is MY business, thanks very much.

Ap, whatcha doin on the 16th of August?

apoweyn
08-06-2003, 06:47 AM
I'll still be in England. Or perhaps Scotland. From the 11th to the 21st.

Stuart B.

red5angel
08-07-2003, 09:48 AM
I seemed to have misplaced the url to your site AP and MP, what is it again?

I tried to hit the link in your profile AP but that doesn't seem to be working, is it down?

apoweyn
08-11-2003, 08:47 AM
Updated: New article, courtesy of Sifu David Ross. For those of you who missed it when it was posted here before, this is lkfmdc's article on the origins and principles of sanshou.

Enjoy. I'm going on holiday.

Stuart B.

shaolin kungfu
08-11-2003, 09:06 AM
Good stuff.