PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: WaterDragon (Shuai Chiao)

CrippledAvenger
08-04-2003, 12:32 PM
Hey WD,

You guys still doing Shuai Chiao? I just finished rehabbing my leg for good and want to get tossed around like a rag doll.

fa_jing
08-04-2003, 12:36 PM
Better try his e-mail if you have it. If not, send me a PM.

Water Dragon
08-04-2003, 01:31 PM
What ‘sup Crip? The group is supposed to be starting again. I just started working out again hard, and am planning on fighting some San Shou this Spring. I would love to have a sparring/workout partner. I would be very interested in getting together and showing you some Shuai Chiao in exchange for some Boxing/Muay Thai coaching, if you’re interested. Ever consider fighting San Shou?

CrippledAvenger
08-04-2003, 01:38 PM
Hey WD,

"Coaching?" You flatter me too much, bro. I'm no coach, but I'm always more than happy to show you what little I know. Drop me an email somtime. I'd love to get together with you guys whenever you're practicing. Furthermore, if you guys are competing, I think I might want in on some San Shou action as well, even though it's going to take a lot of work before I'm even ready to step into the ring.

Nothing like a good beating to start off the post-collegiate years, I say. :D

fa_jing
08-04-2003, 01:59 PM
hey sometime soon, I'd like to get together with you guys.
where you at, cripply? :)

rubthebuddha
08-04-2003, 02:21 PM
from the looks of it, he's at merv's burger joint. ;)

SevenStar
08-04-2003, 02:24 PM
river city ransom - greatest game of all time

CrippledAvenger
08-04-2003, 02:48 PM
I'm down in the southside, by the U of C campus. Kenwood, specifically. Where you at, Fa_jing?

Water Dragon
08-04-2003, 03:01 PM
When would you want to start working out? Espy is working Mon-Thurs this week, so you'd have to come in on the train. We could get about 1 1/2 hours in.

The weekend's open, and I can usually stop off at U of C once or twice a week for a couple hours. Probably something like 6:30 -10:00

CrippledAvenger
08-04-2003, 03:03 PM
I'm assuming Metra, right? I live just down the street from the 51st Street Station, so taking the train would be no problem. I'm pretty game for starting this week. Do you guys have a regular schedule, or does it change week by week?

As for the weekends, I'm usually free Saturdays, but anything is good. Once the school year starts, I'll see if my sister can get us passes for the gym, otherwise, we'd have to practice out in a park or something.

Water Dragon
08-04-2003, 03:22 PM
Right now, it would be just me and you. I may be working out on the weekends again, but that would be in Naperville. I have no problem scooping you up for that.

This week, I would probably have to stop by U of C. The train stops at 59th street. I could do 6:30 -8:00 if that works for you. Just name a day.

CrippledAvenger
08-04-2003, 03:41 PM
6:30 to 8:00 is fine with me. I've got nothing going on. How about we say Thursday? I have a job interviews tomorrow and Wednesday, but I can possibly workout Wednesday in spite of them.

Water Dragon
08-04-2003, 06:37 PM
Cool. Either Wednesday or Thursday work for me. Just let me know for sure tomorrow. Bring an old Karate belt and 2 bricks (or 5 pound fat weights) if possible.

CrippledAvenger
08-04-2003, 07:57 PM
WD,

Thursday looks like its going to be the best. Drop me an email and we can sort out meeting times and whatnot. Oh, and I have some 5 lb weights, but I'm not sure what "fat weights" are. Maybe I'll just go pick up a brick or two at the hardware store.

count
08-04-2003, 07:59 PM
They got this invention now called a telephone.
But if you're over by 53rd st could you pick me up an order from ribs and bibs?

CrippledAvenger
08-04-2003, 08:05 PM
Before this veers even further offtopic, I've gotta say, Count, you sure can pick 'em. Ribs and Bibs is fantastic and two blocks from me. Also quite (oddly) good, is Harold's Chicken Shack #43.

count
08-04-2003, 08:07 PM
I wasn't sure it was still there. I used to eat there 20 to oh 30 years ago, when Lynn Burton for certain still owned the place. Man that's good ribs:p

Water Dragon
08-04-2003, 08:15 PM
By fat weights, I just mean the plastic coated ones that are about 3 inches thick. We use them to train our grip.

Wazzup with the Rib Shacks? One of these days, I'm gonna have you over for some real barbeque. Arachera, Lomo, Costillas, cebollitas, frijoles negros, and of course lot of beer.

I don't have your e-mail. pm me.

-edit-
Fajing, you're always welcome to roll thru.

CrippledAvenger
08-04-2003, 08:34 PM
WD, ya got a PM.

And all us Chicagoans should all get together for a BBQ sometime if it ever stops friggin' raining. I was going to go out to the Dunes yesterday, but noooooooo. :mad:

fa_jing
08-05-2003, 10:00 AM
Oh yeah, we're into barbeque big time! For BBQ we will bring Chusos. Basically Latino shish kebab. We get some nice Shrimp near here. We'll be coming thru Indy on one of these weekends. Sundays are usually better. Although I'll be taking some time off work soon.

I live up in Rogers Park, far North side of Chicago. My friend used to go to U of C, I know the area. I was just down there for the Festival of Life. Saw Lucky Dube, it was awesome.

For training, I could get together with you guys on Saturdays up until 4pm or a Sunday afternoon. U of C is a good meeting location halfway between where I and Waterdragon live, but I am a little leary of outdoor training in that area. Could be wrong, there might be some quiet parks without too much activity. Maybe the one just off of 53rd?

Shaolin-Do
08-05-2003, 01:59 PM
"Arachera, Lomo, Costillas, cebollitas, frijoles negros, and of course lot of beer."

Sounds like San Antonio hit you like a brick dude :)

Any idea when the group down here plans on getting back together?
Still no word from ol' dude... :(

Water Dragon
08-05-2003, 02:07 PM
Yeah. The club is gonna restart when classes start at UTSA. I'll keep ya posted.

Shaolin-Do
08-05-2003, 02:11 PM
I usually just go with a good 'ol fat azz steak when I barbeque :)
Either that or fajitas.
And of course lots of beer. Either Heineken or Dos Equis.
:)

CrippledAvenger
08-05-2003, 03:37 PM
Fa_Jing,

Roger's Park, eh? I used to see a girl that lived up there. Pretty cool place, even if it has a few rough spots. A lot like a more-fun version of Hyde Park, really.

As for training, I think weekend training sounds cool. The more practice, the better, I say. We'll have to see what WD's up to, but you can pretty much count on me being free on the weekends for the foreseeable future. There's a few parks around that aren't the big, heavily populated ones-- the Midway of course, the two on Woodlawn, one of 53rd between Kimbark and Dorchester, and there's even a little one right outside my apartment building. Drop me a PM with what you'd want in a practice spot and I'll start looking for one.

fa_jing
08-06-2003, 11:40 AM
LOL. WaterDragon knows what I don't want. I'll send you a PM

:p

Water Dragon
08-06-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by fa_jing
LOL. WaterDragon knows what I don't want. I'll send you a PM
:p

LOL @ the bumfights reference