PDA

View Full Version : Looking for schools that teach " Eagle " based system in Broward..

Hombrediablo2
08-04-2003, 01:53 PM
Theres a school in Broward county Florida" Nees Kung Fu " but ive never liked schools with high pressure sales I went in there once it felt like I was buying a car !! I use martial arts alot for work purposes and Ive always liked the Chin-na aspect of that particular system.I could use some advice as far as what you forum members think about joining a school where it feels like the student is more of a customer ?

SifuAbel
08-04-2003, 02:54 PM
There are other teachers out there. How far are you willing to travel?

Hombrediablo2
08-04-2003, 03:43 PM
Thats what I love about this site someone always wants to help! Im willing to drive ( if there are morning classes ) probably an hour. Thanks for the speedy response .. HD

norther practitioner
08-04-2003, 03:43 PM
Nees split up (for the most part I believe)... I believe that both are contract schools, but if you stick with it, it could be worth it....
I know the guy at one of the schools (Hollywood), there are a number of other good schools and teachers in the area as well.

Hombrediablo2
08-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the responses. How do guys feel about contract schools I understand that sometimes its necessary to maintain students and to stay in business but has it hurt or helped Martial arts ?

SifuAbel
08-04-2003, 04:05 PM
Contracts aren't that bad as long as you are getting good training. You won't want to break a contract if the work is good.

Are you close to N.Miami?

Hombrediablo2
08-04-2003, 04:21 PM
I moved from there about 2 years now do you train with Kung Fu connection?

SifuAbel
08-04-2003, 05:01 PM
Yep, Sifu Gus is my teacher. I'm in Cali now. Are you familar with our school? He moved down the steet to a 5000 sqft facility.

StickyHands
08-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
Nees split up (for the most part I believe)... I believe that both are contract schools, but if you stick with it, it could be worth it....
I know the guy at one of the schools (Hollywood), there are a number of other good schools and teachers in the area as well.

NP, are you talking about Yan Gaofei? :) . To the threadstarter, if you're looking forward to tons of chin-na then you should check out Yan Gaofei of Hollywood, teaches Chen Taiji.

Hombrediablo2
08-04-2003, 05:09 PM
Yes I trained with Sifu Gus Rubio that guy is awesome and the school was great. <Sticky hands would you know how to get a hold of Sifu Yan Gaofei? thanks in advance>

StickyHands
08-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Sure. www.flchentaichi.com (school site), www.yangaofei.com (personal site), www.americanchentaichi.com (organization site).

Hombrediablo2
08-04-2003, 05:27 PM
Sticky hands do you train there now ? (thanks for all your help to all of you reading this thats what makes this site awesome...)and if you do train there how would you rate the school ?

StickyHands
08-04-2003, 10:10 PM
LOL. No i havent had the time to join the school, but everyone I talked had nothing but good things to say. If you read the info, it will say that he spent 10 years in chen village. So he's not one of those BS teachers. He actually knows and can teach you real Tai Chi all the way from China's Chen Village. And people have said that he'll speak to you about the concepts scientifically or in the terms of human biomechanics, rather than resorting to because "chi does it". Ive spoken to his top student who said that he's been there for 5 years, already in level 5, right now he's working on his dantien, so he's already at the top, he can play with 40 pound sword with an ease, and his health is like a teenager; and he's a sanshou fighter. Plus the school is jointed, there are two lead teachers, Yan Gaofei and one another Sifu who teaches Longfist, Nangquan, and Yang 24 Tai Chi. So it's definitely worth training there. Plus it's Hollywood, lol, much nicer of a town. And Yan Gaofei very often gives seminars around the country, he's renowned and admired by many. I think he's one of the quite popular proponent of Chen Tai Chi in America. I gave you the url to the organization. People say he's very calm and gentle. If you went to google and clicked on pictures, and searched for his name or typed chen tai chi, his pics show up. lol. So well that's far as I know.

Hombrediablo2
08-05-2003, 06:34 PM
Thanks for all the info, Ill be heading out tommorow to take a look at the school..

StickyHands
08-06-2003, 09:12 PM
let me know how it went. :D

norther practitioner
08-07-2003, 09:06 AM
My friend (Danny) teaches at a school at 4943 Sheridan St. in Hollywood, FL... they also do Krav Maga..
I heard that the taiji guys were awsome also....