PDA

View Full Version : the high kicking high flying wushu students of this forum????

Mizong_Kid
08-05-2003, 05:18 AM
hey there

just wanted to actually chat to those people who actually learn wushu ?

i practice northern style kung fu and am still very much a beginner.

Are any of you wushu guys/gals out there? i'd like to ask about it and other things.do reply to this post if you are one of those people.

thanks

Liokault
08-05-2003, 05:57 AM
UM, we are all wushu students right? Well apart from the really confusing BJJ contingent of the forum.

Are you really meaning wushu dancers?......I think you probably are....no harm in that.

Brad
08-05-2003, 12:53 PM
Not too high flying and high kicking anymore after an injurey 3 years ago... now I'm trying to find my place in Taijiquan :p

Kristoffer
08-05-2003, 01:47 PM
..Silly question ;)
If u mean Traditional Wushu then, yes! If you mean Modern Wushu then, no!

Mizong_Kid
08-05-2003, 02:44 PM
well i dont want to get into a discussion about wushu or modern wushu. as the title of my post clearly stated..."high kicking high flying"

so anyone out there who competes in wushu competitions etc??? those athletic students who can jump high and twist in the air etc etc.......i downloaded some clips of the wushu nationals 2000 and i was simply amazed by what i saw. practical or not i dont care. thats not what i posted for.

so if any of you practice at a wushu school or something please let me know as i'd like to ask about the training etc and techniques at wushu school??!?

thanks

Liokault
08-05-2003, 06:55 PM
practical or not i dont care. :D

Ah....it would be the wushu dancers you be wanting then lad.

Shaolinlueb
08-05-2003, 06:59 PM
i do some wushu. my sifu has done eagle claw for 30 years and is a master of it. he has done shaolin kung fu for just as long and did wah lum for a while. his sifu right now is Hu Jianqiang, the Wushu Champion. so a lot of the stuff we do is wushu too.

Brad
08-05-2003, 08:06 PM
Ah....it would be the wushu dancers you be wanting then lad.
As opposed to those kungfu dancers ;)

Brad
08-05-2003, 08:09 PM
so if any of you practice at a wushu school or something please let me know as i'd like to ask about the training etc and techniques at wushu school??!?
I've been at one of those schools that teaches "high flying, high kicking" competitive wushu for the last 7 or so years... what exactly do you want to know?

Shaolinlueb
08-05-2003, 08:19 PM
high kicking....... isnt that tae kwan do? :D:p :o

Mizong_Kid
08-07-2003, 07:53 AM
hey brad

well i just wanted to know what are the training methods and techniques taught at wushu schools in order to get students to jump higher and kick higher etc???

for example being able to go a straight forward jumping front kick....jumping with ur right, kicking with ur right, and landing on ur right foot.

i've just turned 21 and i am naturally skin n bones.no matter what i eat i cant put it on. so i understand its going to be a hell of lot harder for me to perform a butterfly kick or the kick i just mentioned above.....

so whats the answer? just lots of squats, practice jumping,

norther practitioner
08-07-2003, 08:05 AM
Try asking over at www.wushucentral.com...
The training would be much like a forms class at many northern schools.... Line drills for kicks, practicing single moves, combinations, and learning routines, etc...