PDA

View Full Version : Chi Sao Clips Needed For Documentary

wiz cool c
08-06-2003, 01:42 PM
If anyone has any footage of them doing Chi Sao freestlye and wants it to be in a documentary about kung fu fighting please send to.

Documentary
311 east 60th street apt 2c
Ny Ny 10022

yuanfen
08-06-2003, 02:39 PM
why?

wiz cool c
08-06-2003, 03:51 PM
I am putting together a tape. It will have different types of kung fu fighting. Push hand, chi sao, shuai chiao sparring ect. I want to show that kung fu is not just forms. How many tapes can you buy of kung fu men doing form? Hundreds right. Now how many tapes can you get of kung fu people fighting? You cant becouse there aren't any. Maybe there are people who would like to see Chi Sao, push hands, shuai chiao and othere's. Every other style of martial arts has videos of them fighting. Karate, Jujitsu, Boxing Wrestling, judo. So that is why.

TansauNg
08-07-2003, 12:55 AM
hi wiz,

on the net u can find a lot of these clips... u can check this out!!!

http://www.wingtsunlinks.com/

wiz cool c
08-07-2003, 07:52 AM
Thanks TansauNg for the link. What I need is two wing chun guys in a chi sao sparring session. In the video I want there to be full lenght matches or sparring sessions. I wont be putting little clips of these things. Maybe two to six minets of each match or session.

KenWingJitsu
08-13-2003, 05:14 PM
What I need is two wing chun guys in a chi sao sparring session.

Hi. There is no such thing. It's either gonna be chi-sao, or it's gonna be a sparring session.

wiz cool c
08-13-2003, 06:45 PM
Doing chi sao free style is what I mean. No drills.

KenWingJitsu
08-14-2003, 10:40 AM
COuld you explain what you mean by 'chi-sao freestlye'? I tho=ink you may be talking about one of my pet peevees in which case it's a matter of semantics. My point though is if it's 'spontaneous chi-sao', it has no relevence to fighting per se, because you're neither doing chi-sao nor sparring. It should be one or the other.:rolleyes:

mysteri
08-14-2003, 07:51 PM
in today's MA world, chinese kung fu is viewed mainly from the perspective of what people see in the movies or on TV and that is mainly choreographed fightin sequences. u can watch muay thai, kickboxing, western boxing, judo, olympic style TKD, even japanese kumites occasionally jus to name a few. the aspect of chinese MA that seems to be exploited the most is the forms and performances aspect, not the fightin. wiz cool c has good intentions in his idea to want to collect, compile and present the fightin aspects of the CMA to the general public. IMHO, jus watchin a san shou event is not really an accurate depiction of CMA. but if someone could see a video of some light or full-contact competitions, in which WC and other CMA stylists could display their distinctive skills, this would shed some lite on the combative side of our arts. quite frankly, i think this type of exposure would be a good thing, if the fights are of half-decent quality, to show the world that CMA are still alive and strong as any modern art and can survive through this generation as it has many before. i applaud u wiz cool c for ur hard work and determination to promote the CMA. when i get some, i'll send u what i have my friend.(as long as it good quality :) )

wiz cool c
08-15-2003, 05:08 PM
Thank you for the kind words and any video footage would be greatly appreciated.